Monster's Inc. App. Shows Randall's official birthday, etc.

I don’t think anyone here has mentioned this yet at this particular forum…there is a Monster’s Inc. App out now. Apparently it’s new and this is a video showing some of it.

At around 1:10-1:11 or so in the video you see a section about Randall showing info about him.

youtube.com/watch?v=whuGJY0NYas

Randall Boggs

Height: 5’0"
Weight: 220 lbs
Born: March 26
Home: Monstropolis

For the record I’m pretty sure that his height is representing how tall he is while on all four of his legs. It’s not his overall length. I mean, especially because there is no way that he’s only 5 feet but 220 pounds. Not with how skinny he is. It wouldn’t make any sense. So I’m pretty sure 5’0" is how tall he is on all four of his feet…but it’s not how long he is because of course, his body is angled mostly in length and not in height. I did hear somewhere a while back that he’s about 12" long, which would make sense based on the weight they gave him for his body type.

Another reason why this would make more sense is because…well from a personal example…I’m a bit more than 5’8" myself(so about half of Randall’s length) and I’m between 100 and 105 pounds(about half of his weight). If I doubled my length and were 12" long like Randall, my weight would probably also double and I’d be a bit over 200 pounds like him. I know I’m not a monster, lol…and that some of his length is in his tail…but then again tall skinny people tend to have long spindly limbs so I don’t think it’s that different. So based on a skinny lanky body type, it sounds like they knew what they were doing when they calculated/figured this out.

I try to analyse stuff about Randall a lot since he’s my fav character. 8D

Anyway, I don’t actually have the kind of cell phone that can have apps…so I can’t actually get this app and try to figure out if I can find out more info on it. I’m sure that since they have Randall’s birthday and stuff, that they probably have the birthdays of a lot of the other characters too. Even though Randall’s is the one I care most about, it would still be interesting to find out what birthdays the other characters have.

Is this the first time Pixar characters have ever actually been given birthdays? I mean, I pay the most attention to the MI/MU personally since it’s my fav…but did they ever do this for any of the other characters in other Pixar films?

March 26th, 10 days after mine. Good find.

Very cool, Minty Fresh! Too bad I don’t yet have a phone that runs apps :frowning: But interesting factoid about Randall! It definitely makes more sense that he’s probably taller than 5’, because for a minute I was all like, “Omygosh! I’m a couple inches taller than Randall!” 8D Oh, I wish sometimes… I’m probably shorter than Mike! Sorry, now I’m totally off topic…

Well not taller…but longer. XD Most of his mass is in his length.

Anyway, yeah, I don’t have a phone that allows for it either…hopefully if someone else on here does he/she can get the app and let us know the other character birthdays and such since I assume they must be on there since Randall’s is on there.

I guess this means that Randall’s star sign is Aries…and it does fit him if you read about the sign.

These are a few quick points I found about Aries online…just copying and pasting a few things I found about the Aries sign:

• Action
  • Coming in first
  • Challenges
  • Championing Causes
  • Spontaneity

DISLIKES

• Waiting Around
  • Admitting Failure
  • No opposition
  • Tyranny
  • Other peoples advice :wink:

“ARIES is a “me-first” sign. People with Aries tendencies strongly project their own personalities and can be quite selfish.”

Of course, I don’t personally buy in much to the whole horoscope thing since there’s no way that everyone born during a certain time period would have the same kind of personality…but sometimes I feel like it’s more likely to be accurate for fictional characters since I feel like the people who created the character, when giving the character a birthday…would pick something that would fit with the character they created. Assuming they looked into it enough and didn’t just throw out a random birthday.

So I think they matched him up with a sign that the staff at Pixar decided suited him.

"How to Attract an Aries:

Let Aries know how much you admire them right from the beginning. They feel they deserve it. Be careful, though, about laying it on too thick, they can spot insincerity."

_>

Happy belated birthday! :slight_smile: Mine isn’t until mid July…

THREE MORE DAYS to Randall’s birthday, lizard fans! How ya gonna celebrate? :wink:

I don’t really know actually. LOL. Probably just post a few places online saying Happy Birthday to him.

Maybe I should eat some cupcakes.