Happy Birthday, Randall!

Yes, March 26 is apparently his birthday.
If you want to know why it’s because it says so in this official app(go to around 1:10-1:11 in this video to see): youtube.com/watch?v=whuGJY0NYas

So anyway, Happy Birthday, sexy Randall!

gives cake to Randall <3

I love that we can now know when Pixar characters have birthdays :slight_smile: Happy B-Day to one of the coolest reptillian creatures in the Pixar universe! :mrgreen:

I’m a day late, but happy birthday Randall! That’s so cool that we know. I wish profiles for other Pixar characters existed listing their birthdays, that way we knew when to celebrate others’.

Happy late birthday, Randall! Even though you’re sinister, you’re also really cool! :sunglasses:

I don’t think he’s truly that bad of a guy but I’m glad you wish him a Happy Birthday anyway. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, he may be one of the coolest villains in any Pixar movie. Buscemi’s voice fits him perfectly. Here’s a screenshot I took a couple of years ago. I thought it would fit nicely here.

“You Hear that? It’s the winds of change…”

Still can’t figure out what he was trying to say with that statement.

You mean you can’t figure out what he was trying to say with that statement?

By saying “You hear that? It’s the winds of change…” he’s saying that something is going to change…as in, he’s soon going to become #1 scarer and Sulley will no longer be #1 scarer. At least, I figure that is what he meant that early on in the movie anyway.

Also I love Steve Buscemi. :heart:

Speaking of birthdays, do you know that Steve Buscemi was born on a Friday the 13th?

I was very close to being born on a Friday the 13th myself but alas I was born on a Thursday the 12th, in the evening just before it turned Friday the 13th.

^Steve Buscemi’s one of my fave voice actors ever:sunglasses: I couldn’t imagine a better voice for Mr. Boggs!
Oh, and this is just for fun… it’s a random signature I made with almost the same screencap XD

I sort of figured that was what he meant. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for the sig! I’ve mainly seen some of Buscemi’s live-action stuff, like Reservoir Dogs and Escape from L.A. I do find him an entertaining character actor.

Haha that’s funny, OWP. XD

Anyway, Steve Buscemi is often considered one of the ugliest actors in Hollywood. :frowning:

I think he’s really hot though. LOL. Despite the fact that I’m half his age.

My other favourite movies with him are Fargo and Reservoir Dogs. I have seen other stuff he’s in beyond that and he always does a good job in his roles, even if it’s a film that isn’t that great overall…he always does his part well.

I beg to differ. There’s uglier people out there. Well I don’t think it’s fair to call someone “ugly”. After all, your looks are just the way you were born. :laughing:

I don’t tend to personally call people either…but it’s unfortunate that that is what people call Steve Buscemi a lot.

But yeah, I don’t really like to call people ugly either…if I’m not attracted to someone I prefer to say that they aren’t my type, since I think that makes a lot more sense. I mean, me not being attracted to someone doesn’t mean they are actually ugly…they will most likely be attractive to someone else. So I don’t really feel like anyone is actually ugly.

Let’s bring back this thread for today! throws confetti and serves cupcakes

I always wondered what flavor those cupcakes he made were… considering what monsters eat (the vending machine in the first movie sells bagged sugar, salt, and fat, for example), I’m not sure I want to know :stuck_out_tongue:
But all things considered, Happy Birthday, Randy! :slight_smile:

If you read the ingredients on a lot of what WE eat, that’s really pretty much what IT is-sugar, salt and fat! It just has deceptive cutely names that sound much more appetizing, but it’s still sugar, salt and fat at the end of the day. The monsters were just more honest when it came to labeling junk food, lol.

As for what Randall meant by “The Winds of Change”, it had nothing to do with becoming the No. 1 Scarer. He knew he couldn’t do that, not with someone he still believed to be a cheater in the way. He couldn’t beat Sulley at that game, so he was inventing a NEW game, one Sulley couldn’t play. Remember when he says, “with this, we won’t need Scarers anymore”? He thought that the Scream Extractor would make Scarers obsolete, and completely change the way that Scream energy was collected to one that was far more efficient, that any monster, even one not scary, could succeed at. Randall was essentially eliminating his OWN Scaring position, and he knew that. It’s just like how Steve Jobs basically changed the face of graphic art, eliminating the need for people who knew how to set type on a printing press or operate those huge overhead cameras or make physical cut-and-paste paper layouts of designs when he made the computer available to the mainstream, and computer programs and applications replaced people who’d been trained in those skills.

But anyway, back to the topic, and happy birthday, Randall! There is a whole set of Scare Cards that have the birthdays of the the MU characters who came to work at Monsters, Inc. I think Mike’s birthday was back in February, and I think Sulley’s is in August. Unfortunately we don’t have “stats” for the characters who wound up at Fear Co. or Scream Industries yet.

pitbulllady

Haha you’re right about that. Of course, I think the junk food was probably a bad example on my part. If you look at the cereal boxes and the Harryhausen’s Menu, you’ll find some things that aren’t even remotely edible on the human side of things. And of course, the MU cafeteria serves fresh trash. But honestly, I watched MU last night and those cupcakes did look pretty good on a second glance… :slight_smile:

On Randall’s birthday last week, I wore a purple top and bracelet. :smiley:

Did anyone else have a bit of a celebration?