Monsters University Theater Standee

I had the chance to set up the new Monsters University theater standee yesterday, and I was blown away at how amazing it is! :open_mouth:

I made sure to take lots of pictures of it, especially of every flyer on the right side, and I’ve posted them to Tumblr for everyone to see! :slight_smile: I hope you enjoy them!

[url]http://monstersuniversitystandee.tumblr.com/[/url]

I am very desperately seeking to get my hands on one of these! I have the Wall-E and Brave one, but this just tops them all. Would you by any chance be willing to sell this one after its no longer in use? Or is there perhaps a number or website listed along with it of where you could order one?
I normally can get these from my local theatre, but they sadly did not receive this one.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

That is an incredible standee! Maybe the best I’ve seen for a Pixar film!

Wow that’s really cool! I hope i can get some posters as well.

You have the Wall-E one? Would that be the one where he’s sitting on the bench? If so, you’ve just made me a very jealous person! :open_mouth:

As for the Monsters University standee, I have no control over the fate of the standee. I used to work for the theater I installed it at last year, which would have given me a better chance of getting it to you, but as of now I just work for the marketing company that installs them. I can try to contact the company that manufactured it (since the person that tried to set it up before me completely trashed some of the pieces, and it took me a long time to fix everything, so I could say that it was damaged), but I’m pretty sure they would be unlikely to send a replacement. The only other option would be for me to try to get it before the theater employees take it down (and use it for batting practice in the back hallways…), but this theater has a low standee survival rate, since kids like to climb all over them.

I’ll keep you updated though if I find anything out!

Aw, dang that is an epic theater standup! Does OWP want to get her picture taken next to it after she sees MU? Yessssss she does… :sunglasses: :mrgreen: It’s awesome stuff like this that has made me make certain to bring my camera with me every time I go to the theaters! Out of curiousity, how tall is it? I loved how big the 7’ Cars 2 one was and this one looks to be about that height.

I actually kept the instructions for both of those standees, let me check.

The Cars 2 standee was 12 ft wide x 8 ft high.

The Monsters University standee is 13 ft 9 inches wide x 9 ft high.

So it’s actually bigger! If you check out the pictures I posted on Tumblr, you can see a picture of me in front of it, which can give you an idea of the scale.

Do you have the standee from UP (The viewfinder one that was only sent to a select number of theaters)? I was lucky enough to get it when I worked at the theater. It was supposed to be picked up, but it just sat in the back hall for months. When my manager told me to throw it away, I asked if I could take it, and they said it was fine. Unfortunately, it’s just sitting in my attic right now taking up space…

This cut-out is AMAZING! I’ve seen it with my own eyes. My friend and I took pics with it. Kinda made it feel like Sully and Mike were life sized!

The Wall-E one I have is just the plain old 3D Wall-E… not the bench one, unfortunately.

I also don’t have the UP one either. My local theatre had received a really cool hanging one where Carl, Russell, and Dug were all dangling down from the house… but sadly it got accidentally thrown away before I could get there to pick it up.

As for the MU standee, if there is any way possible to make it happen, let me know! I would be more than willing to help out in any way possible!! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for uploading those pictures! It was fun to read the fliers. :laughing:

I’m so bummed that they didn’t have this at the theater I saw MU at :frowning: But oh well, I still got my picture taken next to the poster. Now, pleeeeease Disney Movie Rewards, put it up as a prize! Once I get the Cars 2 one I’ll get that one!!

Yeah, they didn’t have it at my theatre either. However, they did have the standee where you get your picture taken and that was cool.

Any posters links?