Monsters, Inc. 2 - What would you think?

What would you think if Pixar made a Monsters, Inc. 2 making the franchise a trilogy?

Set in the modern day after MI.

How would you react? Yay? No?

I’m sure we have a thread on this somewhere…either in this part or in the archives. But, to save time from digging…

Considering how well, it seems, Dan Schaldon has done with Monsters University, I would not be surprised, and am expecting, a sequel, set after MI.
For obvious reasons, I already know much of what should happen in it and, along with others, know who will be the focus of it. Sullivan was the focus in Monsters Inc…Wazowski was the focus in Monsters University…that leaves one of the original “trio” left, and given his show in MU, it would be a crime not to have a resolution.

I’m unsure if Cars is getting a third installment, but in some ways, given what I just said, MI would could definitely make it as Pixar’s second trilogy. Though, given the age of some of the actors, and suggestions from if I recall, Billy Crystal, they’ll come back…they’re just not going to wait ANOTHER 12 years to do it heh.

I would greet the opportunity like Dug when Carl says “You’re my dog, aren’t you? And I’m your master!” in Up :mrgreen:
Okayyy maybe not quite like that, but you get my drift. I’m always up for whatever Pixar does next, and I’ve questioned what could happen in a MI2 since I first saw Monsters Inc. I’m particularly interested since I wonder what Pixar would do to make it different from the Circle 7 idea.

I doubt it will be called Monsters, Inc. 2, though. Maybe Monsters Retirement Home? 8D

No, the title would follow something what they’ve been doing. I have my own thoughts on what the title will be…but that would spoiling heh.

Heh heh, while they wouldn’t go THAT far SoA…that IS a hilarious thought. I pictured Wazowski going around with a cane and dentures picking up the local “babes” as he calls them (I’ve excluded Celia in this thought) and Sullivan’s reading something with glasses, fur graying, in a wheelchair maybe with a huge diaper with a hole for his tail for added effect.
Don’t let people tell you that being over 60 doesn’t stop things heheh.

Haha. Yes, I was kidding.

Anyway, I must say that I’m not opposed to a sequel. I was very excited when this one was announces, and felt somewhat disappointed when they revealed it would be a prequel.

Funny idea though.

folds arms Sometimes to go forward, you have to go back. To better understand the main group in the now-series (Sullivan, Wazowski, and Randall), we had to see them earlier. As we see, they were all different, but accurate, and the world changed them.

No, I have no problem with seeing them earlier. Just with not seeing them after, for I’ve wanted so since 2001.

I would be much more excited for a sequel than I am for the prequel I don’t really care.

What if it was in-between MU and MI. Like it’s another film of them working at the factory around the same era of MI.

I would really prefer it to be set after the original.

I agree with SoA.
As me and my associates have discussed, MU is setting the stage…so that a sequel IS needed. Stories aren’t finished yet. And no, I’m not just talking about Randall, though his story is the main one…Sullivan and Wazowski do NOT have the happy ending they seem to get. They have problems too.

THOUGH…Wazowski…erm…username…
I DO believe there is a LOT between MU and MI that can be done. Doing it myself actually. As a film? No. But as something else, something more…frequent hm hm.

Cause the thing is, that MI has the perfect ending to the scaring industry and Mike+Sulley’s relationship. I don’t think there needs to be anything after MI

People who see happy endings might think that…but no. It’s somewhat a…farce of a happy ending.
Things are not finished for Wazowski, and nowhere near finished for Sullivan. Boo’s back in his life, yay and all that, but that’s not all. It’s ending, for HIM at least, was perfect, yes…but the story is far from over. There’s still more there. Wazowski, Sullivan, Randall, and maybe even Boo still have some things to wrap up.

As I’ve always said, a good sequel isn’t made necessarily because the prequel needed one, it’s because the creators love these characters so much that they want to see them again, and have a story they think is worth telling. Just as a good author does with his series of books. I love happy endings, but I never assume that it’s just that, that there couldn’t be more stories to tell. I don’t think MI lacked a satisfactory ending; I just love the idea of seeing these characters again!

Well, like said, there are still stories to be told, even after MI.

I agree with this. I’ve talked before about the chimaera of the “needed” sequel, and the way you word it illustrates that idea.

I think they should just go the route of Toy Story and Cars. Short films, and TV specials.

I’m still pegging for a sequel. There’s still something that needs to be done.

Though…BETWEEN MU and MI…
Personally I’m working toward a series.
Short films/ TV Specials? Maybe. After all, they’re doing a load of TV spots and promotions for MU (I think, actually, MU may be the Pixar film with the most advertizing gimmicks and shows). Would be fun seeing some glimpses, even if they’re silly.

The problem with a TV series is the low production costs.

I’d hate to see my beloved characters turning into ugly animated things.

Otherwise, I would be glad to watch further adventures in Monstropolis in that way.