Monsters University Easter Eggs

Thought I would create this post as a hub for anything hidden in MU, whether it be a classic Pixar reference, an allusion to Monsters Inc. or whatever. Obviously spoilers may follow, so beware.

1. The Pizza Planet Truck is hidden in the driveway of one of the fraternity houses and can be seen in the left side of the screen when Mike is riding Archie, the scare pig.

2. The ball from Luxo Jr. is seen as a drawing on the sewer wall during the toxicity challenge introduction about dangerous children’s toys.

3. While not officially confirmed, I have a pretty good feeling that some dino characters from the upcoming film “The Good Dinosaur” can be seen as toys on the floor of the scare simulator room in the final Scare Games challenge.

4. A fun connection to “Monsters Inc.” is the idea that Sulley and Mike were janitors at one point in their careers at MI, thus explaining why Smitty and Needleman may have idolized Sulley so much in “Monsters Inc.”

What did you notice? Anyone find A-113 yet?

A113 is on the door when Sulley first steps into the classroom.

There is a poster in Mike’s dorm room that reads “Winds of Change”, a reference to the original movie.

^I thought that was great, especially how it was styled after a motivational poster. :laughing:

Can’t believe I missed the A113 and the Pizza Planet Truck! They seem so obvious too…

I am so proud of myself; I spotted the A113, Luxo Ball, and Pizza Planet Truck on my first viewing! I wasn’t so sharp when I first saw Brave, so this is an improvement. But one thing… I don’t recall the PP truck being in that scene! It would make sense, of course. But I thought I saw it in the climax when Mike and Sulley were in the human world, parked next to a police car. Hmmm… maybe it’s in there twice? Or maybe I’m just crazy… eh well…

As usual, the first time around with a Pixar film I don’t notice most references. As my focus is on the story. However, I’m seeing it again this week, and I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for little details.

Did anyone else think the [spoil]little girl’s(who Mike saw at the beginning visiting MI) sounds like Tom Hanks?[/spoil]

No! I’ll keep an ear open for that next time I see the film.

I just realized something. I meant her dad, not her. 8D Sorry, typo. I assume you know what I meant though, since he could never do a little girl voice. 8D

Hey, you never know. That man is a talented actor :laughing:

I figured out what you meant when I saw the movie again today!

Yeah, he did sound like Tom Hanks. But I doubt that it was him.

I wish I knew who it was. Any chance it’s Jim Hanks? He has voiced some Woody dolls.

They’ve now officially revealed the eggs in MU. Augh, I can’t believe I missed the legit Pizza Planet Truck! And it was so out in the open! It wasn’t like I spent the whole movie looking for the hidden gems, I just happened to catch them as they showed up in the movie. But apparently I mistook a police car for the infamous Truck… in my defense, those red lights looked a whole lot like a rocket to me, and it all happened so fast in that scene I swore I’d already found it. Well, I might’ve been wrong, but at least we have certainty that it’s in the film!

What do you mean officially, do you have a link?

As you wish, eje :slight_smile:

insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/27/m … ggs-pixar/

Thank you Pricklepants! I also ended up seeing it on twitter as well! XD

Nice to see the stills as confirmation!

I somehow managed to miss the PP truck on both viewings, but on my second time around I did notice the A113 at least!

I missed the truck on both viewingstoo, but I caught A113 on the second.

If I’m not mistaken, in the scene where the Oozmas wish on a ladybug and watch it fly away, the ladybug makes the same kind of noise while flying that Francis did in A Bug’s Life.

^Yeah, I thought it sounded familiar! :smiley: