Monsters Inc. 2?

Is there ever going to be a Monsters

Inc. 2? I mean, I shouldn’t be the only one who’s eager to see how Boo looks like now. Or if Mike and Celia

would ever get married or if Sulley ever finds true love. Or whatever happened to Randall? All these questions

are boggling my head. But if anyone knows Pixar (unlike myself :cry: ) they could ask them to work on it? I

just think it’s unfair that there’s only a sequel to Toy Story and none of the other Pixar movies.

I already have this topic up. So I’ll jus put your

post on the other thread since there a whole lot more replies already on that one. if that aight wit you.

:mrgreen:

oops, sorry. i didnt see that

:blush: yeah, its ok. but still… :blush:
this is kinda emabarrasing[/i]

I don’t think there should be a Monsters Inc. 2. The first one was good enough

by itself. This is from my personal viewpoint. But I think that the story ended where it was supposed to and

there isn’t really much left to say.

what are you talking about? dont you

wanna know how Boo is gonna look? what if she changed a little bit?

Yeah, I am sure about it. I think changing Boo would take

something away from the film. Something so incredibly nessecary. That is one of the reasons why I don’t prefer a

sequel.

Nah, we don’t need a sequel to Monster’s Inc. What story could

they possibly tell that would be as good or better than the first one ?

Sorry M&S, I think it’s perfectly fair. Not all may

agree it’s Pixar’s best film, but I think it’s widely accepted that it’s their

most monumental and groundbreaking film to date. The story, the characters…everything was just amazingly

different at the time. It deserved that sequel.

However, I do see your frustration! :wink:

??? your confusing me.
im just saying

that…well…i just think that…the whole point of this topic is that MY (not yours, MINE) opinion is that

Pixar’s movies are too good and I always want them to have a sequel, OK!?!?! :smiley:

(Heheh) Alright, cool.

However, I don’t think Pixar films should [i]always

[/i]have a sequel…only if the story is good enough.

But it’s your topic! :wink:

Yeah, it really does depend on the film…You could get some of the best films in the world,

add a sequel to them, and they’d be spoiled. I think Pixar are pretty shrewd when it comes to knowing what films

deserve a sequel, and which ones don’t. I’m pretty happy to accept their judgement. Concerning MI, yes, I’d

love a MI2 because there is a potential storyline there. Also, the characters are all definitely strong enough to

carry a sequel.

yeah, you got that right. I think

toy Story 2 spoiled the first one. TS is TEN TIMES better than its sequel.

McQueenandSally - Sorry, I just couldn’t let this go…

My favorite Pixar

fim, ever, was Toy Story 2! Not only did Toy Story

deserve that sequel, it got an unbelievable movie with extra helpings of a great plot, great characters and

amazing animation. I don’t believe in crushing any Pixar movie, they’re all great

in their own way. Every person is different. Take, for instance, Finding Nemo. The

entire world loved that movie, and yet it was one of my least favorite Pixar films.

Toy Story 2 was Pixar’s second best at the box office, selling more receipts than

the original. Oh, and it at least didn’t “spoil” the first one, it lived up to it!

Sorry if I

sound kinda angry – I just have to stand up for what I believe! :wink:

I’m gonna have to agree with Gasduude- TS2 was surprisingly faithful to the original, yet had

a something extra to it. TS is always going to be very special, since it was Pixar’s first feature length film

after all, and making a sequel to it was a pretty big risk, but Pixar definitely pulled it off.

But

Finding Nemo is another good example- generally, it is known as a very good film, and I for one, love it. Yet

I’d never want it to have a sequel, because it really is better just as it is, IMO.

I believe it was TL who said, “If Nemo gets lost again, it’s his own fault”

or something like that.

Some movies just don’t sequel well. Personally, I think that sometimes it’s

better to leave a movie and its characters alone. For instance, The Incredibles, as

a member of the superhero genre, lends itself well to the possibility of a sequel. There is any number of

villains who could be in hiding, and if the super ban were to be repealed, they could come out and wreak all

sorts of havoc. Cars - not so much. Lightning learned his lesson, and there aren’t

that many places that the story can go anymore. I even think that Toy Story 3 is

rather unnecessary.

True, there may be some unanswered questions in [i]Monsters,

Inc.[/i], but at the same time, the story wrapped itself up nicely at the end - Boo got home safely,

Mike and Sulley got their jobs back, etc. - so I believe that it doesn’t need a sequel. Just because Pixar made

one sequel doesn’t mean that every movie they make should have one.

why is everyone disagreeing with me!?
you know, ill just stick with Cars right

now.

Aww - Don’t

feel bad! We just disagree with you, that’s all!

You have just as much a right to hold your opinion as

we do ours! :smiley:

I know I might be going a little off topic, but Gasduude has a point. Some

people want a sequel, some don’t. Everyone has their own opinions about a MI sequel, and I respect that. If one

disagrees, that is fine too.

OMG

you know what, i dont really care right now

Alrighty, let’s see if I can put in my two cent’s worth…

Personally, I

would rather it be that Pixar Animation Studios refrains from beginning production

on a second Monsters Inc. film, at least for the time being. Looking back on it, one

might argue that the film contains a very satisfying and closed ending – by “closed”, I am referring

to the fact that the audience really doesn’t necessarily need to know what happened to some of the characters in

the film, although others would disagree.

Curiosity is a thing of the human mind that seems almost

implanted from the very beginning – we crave to know what’s beyond the ledge or what lies around the next bend.

Obviously, some people will naturally be tempted to question the interrogation, “What happens next?”.

To tell you the truth, I would love to know what became of Randall after he was uncerremoniously thrown out

the door – literally; or how much Boo’s appearance has changed over time; or even the answer to how far Mike

and Celia’s relationship really went…

But then, when you think about it, does the audience really

have to know the course of action after the film? It’s not a requirement, that’s for sure. And actually, this

is just another reason why I love Pixar as a whole so much – they don’t push things or keep shoving out sequel

after sequel. They give you, as an individual, the chance to use your imagination and decide for yourself what

happened after the words “The End” transformed onto the theater or tv screen.

In a nutshell:

Yes, I agree with many of the other members here in that I would prefer the film – [i]Monsters

Inc.[/i] - to not be given its own sequel. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t think Pixar would make

a great sequel to the movie if they did decide to pursue in that field. So far, [i]Toy Story

2[/i] is the only Pixar continuation to have occured, and it turned out marvelously…in my opinion. I

would almost go so far as to say that it was better than its predecessor…

But try

to understand us here: We all, as board members and individuals, have our own opinions about certain thhings

(films included). One of the reasons why I joined this website is because I love to discuss the Pixar flms and

characters in general, and there are some members here who don’t share my same

views and interests. For example, I adore Finding Nemo to the core; however, others

would degress. But does that turn me away? Certainly not. I don’t get upset about it, as there are other things

us members share in common. I see us all as a family, in a way, and that’s how we should act – respectfully and

willing to accept others’ viewpoints.

Don’t worry – I’m not saying anything against you per say. I

partly agree with you on the matter, in fact. Just…don’t be too down about it in that some people don’t agree

with you. Believe me, you’re not the only one who would want a second Monsters Inc.

film. Not to mention, from the sound of it…you’re a Cars fan, and there are alot

of those people around here. So see? There are other peeps around here who share the same interests as you. A

Monsters Inc. 2 may not be one of them, but what the heck? The world ain’t gonna

blow up; at least, I hope it won’t. (snigger) :wink:

I have said my very long peace… :stuck_out_tongue:

Mitch