Which MU Fraternity/Sorority would you pledge to?

Which frat or sorority would you rush in MU

• RΩR (Roar Omega Roar)
  • JΘX (Jaws Theta Chi)
  • OK (Oozma Kappa)
  • ΣΣK (Slugma Slugma Kappa)
  • PNK (Python Nu Kappa)
  • HSS (Eta Hiss Hiss)
  • Other (comment)

0 voters

I figured I ask this poll, since no one else seems to have done it. :smiley:

Personally, I’d probably rush Python Nu Kappa, mainly because I’m not into athletic training, I’m nowhere near goth, and I’m usually one to prefer fashion and girly things. However, let’s see your picks!

Funny story though. One time, I posed my brother this same question. He said he would probably choose Roar Omega Roar, and his reasons are 1) he prefers their color scheme of deep red/gold, and 2) according to him, JΘX is the loser team, and OK is the semi-loser team (not that he hates OK, but just prefers RΩR). A while ago, he asked me to see what customized MU products on Zazzle featured Roar Omega Roar.

But now, I leave this question up to you. :smiley:

Yes! I’m the first to vote…and I voted for Oozma Kappa.

Well, that’s a tricky one… in the Monstrous Summer Sweepstakes you get to join one of the frats or sororities by taking a personality quiz, and somehow I came out with Slugma Slugma Kappa. Which doesn’t work well in my being completely klutzy and totally un-atheletic. I guess you have to admire their spunk, though :slight_smile: I’d probably be more keen on choosing Python Nu Kappa as I could be considered a bit of girly-girl. Of course, if I was a guy, then absolutely Oozma Kappa; because I probably would be a misfit in the scaring game. Maybe if there was a OK-like sorority, I’d most certainly choose that one. But I think I’ll stick with PNK for now.

Well, it’s been many decades since I was in college, and I did not pledge any sorority while there because there really were none that I’d have fit into, none that would have accepted me. Most were really preppy-think female versions of ROR-all about family name and debutant balls and vacation homes on Hilton Head Island. IF there had been any sorority similar to HSS, though, I’d have joined, because that was the closest to my college-age self. There was no such thing as “Goth” back then, unless you were using that word in a historical or architectural context, but I was very much a part of the “Punk” movement, black clothing, black shoes, black nail polish, all that crazy stuff that eventually evolved into what’s known as Goth now. I’d have fit in well with the HSS girls. It’s kinda funny looking back on that now, since I’m nothing at all like that now, which makes me want to see how all of the fraternity and sorority members from MU are now, in 2014, 22 years later, to see how much THEY have changed.

pitbulllady

I had to go with PNK. I’ve always been somewhat of a girly girl.