Scare Cards?

Am I the only who thinks the heights and weights on the scare cards make absolutely no sense. For instance, Mike and sulley’s height in comparison. It says that Sulley is 7’6 and mike is 3’1 but if you compare them together sulley only looks about 1 foot in a half taller than mike. And Randall he’s only 5 feet and about 200 pounds, which is kind of weird since he is so skinny.
And on another website, it is said that sulley is about 900 pounds, so im a bit confused so can someone tell me if these descriptions are accurate or not???

I wouldn’t take the Scare Cards’ information too heavily to heart. While the birthdates are interesting, and the bios some-what alright, the other information isn’t really substantial. The scare total charts, for instance, aren’t really reliable or accurate.
I’m sure Randall’s known measurements/weight is around somewhere, PBL might remember and be able to explain to you the size-to-weight ratio for someone like him. Considering Randall balances his weight on two extra limbs, Sullivan having a naturally bulk body, and Wazowski’s…uhh…well how his legs can support the weight of his…uh…“body” is kind of testament to how Randall’s four equally thin legs can keep him up.

As for size-wise…I don’t have a comparison at the moment, but who knows, maybe Wazowski already had his growth spurt moment while Sullivan hadn’t till after college.

Sulley looks to be a LOT taller than Mike to me! He towers over Mike in that scene from MU where they were leaving the Canister Design class and Sulley was trying to be intimidating with that “Glower of Doom”. In MI, Mike is just a bit taller than Boo, a two-year-old human toddler. He’s just got quite a circumference to him, which is why he’s fairly heavy; I mean, he’s virtually a sphere on legs! In MU, Johnny has to lean waaay over to talk to Mike when he suggests Mike join the OK’s( at which Mike took great offense), and Sulley is a good head and shoulders taller than Johnny. Pixar actually includes a height chart in the “Art of Monsters University”, btw, comparing all the characters, even the humans in the campground. It puts Johnny’s height at 6’11" not counting his horns, which would make Sulley around 7’6". Javier Rios is over 8 feet tall, as is Dean Hardscrabble. Most of the PNK girls are in the six-foot-tall range, so while they look vaguely human, they’re a good bit taller than most human females.

Randall’s height only refers to the distance from the bottom of his first pair of feet(front pair) to the top of his head when he’s standing on all-fours. That is, however, roughly just half of Randall’s total length because you still have the rest of his torso, which is in a horizontal position, plus that long tail. He’s five feet tall measured from the floor to the top of his head, sans fronds, when in his normal standing position. Randall might LOOK skinny, but he’s got that wiry type of muscle that is very dense. Muscle weighs more per volume than fat, so yeah, 200-220 lbs. sounds about right for MI Randall, and you can probably subtract about 25-30 pounds for MU freshman 18-year-old Randall.

pitbulllady

I still dont really understand the concept of the scare cards in general. I am kinda confused as to why someone would make trading cards of a scare company’s employees. But I guess they make trading cards for just about anything. Are the top scarers a bit like pseudo-celebrities then?

Yeah, basically the Scarers ARE analogous to the sports stars in our world. I actually like that, because those are the individuals who keep their world supplied with power, and that power is the basis for their world’s entire infrastructure and economy. It’s an absolutely vital thing. Here in our world we celebrate athletes with trading cards, but ignore the ordinary, everyday people who keep OUR world running. I bet most of us here can name several sports figures, but not anyone who works for your local utilities company, keeping your lights on and your computer powered up. I think that the monsters have the best idea there-celebrate the ordinary people on whom we all depend!

pitbulllady

Well when you put it like that, it does start to make sense. I guess I didnt realize how big the top scarers might be outside the company.