"Power Trio" Merchandise

Ok, this might seem like a random idea for a thread, but…

This is a thread for all the MU/MI merchandise featuring the so-called “Power Trio” of Mike, Sulley, and Randall. Many people on Tumblr seem to use that phrase a lot (don’t know if it was coined there or not), and many fans do get enthusiastic when they hear/see it being used.

Having done some research, it seems to be that Randy was initially not meant to be an antagonist, but it was a last minute decision (several discussions on the “Boggs Board”, on which I’ve been lurking, mention that Pixar might have been forced to do so under the order of the former Disney CEO before John Lasseter). He was rather intended to be grouchy yet lovable (basically, a tsundere, rather than a yandere)

Anyways, I’m getting off-topic. To get the ball rolling, here’s some merchandise I’ve seen on eBay of the “Power Trio”

Fabric Print (dating back to when MI was released!!!)

Girls T-shirts

Book set (w/ Boo included)

Let’s see how much more we can find!

blows whistle to initiate Power Trio merch hunt

I actually had the “Monsters to Go” books; they did not feature a “Power Trio”, at all, but were the same old “Randall is evil” garbage. In those books, Mike and Sulley kill him by throwing him off a door to his death hundreds of feet below in the Door Vault.

I have seen some MU merch and displays featuring Randall along with the members of OK, though. The MU party cups that were available when the movie came out featured the different members of OK along with Randall. He is the only non-OK member on the cups or on the cardboard displays that were set up at Wal-Mart, Toys R Us and Target.

Originally, Randall, Mike and Sulley WERE to have been a “Power Trio”, and remained so throughout most of the Pixar scripts for MI. Also, in the Circle 7 script for that studio’s planned sequel to MI, Randall was to have been reunited with Mike in the Human World and eventually team up with Mike, Sulley and Boo to finally defeat Waternoose.

pitbulllady