What lurked under your bed as wee children?

As the title implies.

I never had a tentecled beast under my bed (or anywhere else). I was

always afraid of the latest serial killer/pedophile/clown/whetever that was terrorizing America. It HAD to be

something real :unamused:

Living china dolls with cracked faces and ventriloquist dummies. :open_mouth: Except

they were indeed in the closet, not under the bed.

Edit: Re-reading your

post, clowns too. whimper

I had a sloth like creature that resembled the monsters

from the comic ā€˜Boneā€™ but it was thinner and had longer claws. Lived in my closet and my nightmares, and it

made me scared of the dark. Of course, itā€™s not ā€˜thereā€™ anymore, and I loves the dark. :slight_smile:

I grew up in a genuine haunted house, a house over 200

years old, so monsters were certainly NOT among my worries! Seriously, though, as a little kid, few things

terrified me more than clowns. By the age of two I already was fascinated by dragons, dinosaurs, snakes,

alligators, pretty much anything reptiltian and scaly, but I was horrified of waking up and finding a CLOWN in my

roomā€¦either that or one of those flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz; those

things freaked me out pretty bad, too.

pitbulllady

My big things were the aliens and big foots that ran around outside my house which only go

worse when I found out about the skunk ape - a cousin of big foot - who actually lives in the everglades just a

hop skip and a jump from here. Usually it was ok though as Iā€™d managed to convince myself that Nessy (the Loch

Ness Monster) lived in the river out back of my house and was protecting me. :smiley:

When I was a kid, it was Chuck E. Cheese. Well, not so much just him, but his evil

robotic band friendsā€¦ I had nightmares about themā€¦ and then there were the Oompa Loompas from the original

Willy Wonka movie. Iā€™m telling you, the old orange Oompa Loompas, Chuck E. Cheese and his gang are all children

of Satan.

(The new Oompa Loompas from the Johnny Depp movie are much cooler, thanks to music by Danny

Elfman.)

Nothingā€¦But I saw lights in my closet once.

Really. Scared the crap outta me.

Iā€™ve

never been keen on spiders or insects generally (bees and wasps still give me the shivers), but I was never

afraid of any ā€˜monstersā€™. We donā€™t actually have closets here, so the whole idea of a monster coming out of my

closet was pretty alien to meā€¦Iā€™ve recently moved house, and my new room has two Grudge cupboards (if anyone

has seen The Grudge, Iā€™m referring to the scene when she goes into the wardrobes and bad things happen).

Theyā€™re pretty scary, especially when it gets very windy, and, being on the top floor, the wind gets in and

makes the cupboard doors bang.

Ooooo, donā€™t even get me started on those

robotic demons! My mom took me to Chuck E Cheese when I was two and I didnā€™t know if I was supposed to laugh or

run away screaming.

Ah, clowns. I was scared of them before I even saw the movie cover of IT. In

fact, my fear of clowns disapeared after I read the book and saw the movie. I still hate their clowny guts

though. You just canā€™t trust somthing that smiles that often.

Same hereā€¦ except I was three, and it was for my birthday. I

wouldnā€™t stop freaking out, and the big dumb rat wouldnā€™t get a clue and leave me alone, so we had to abandon

my party and have it somewhere else.

I can count on one hand the times Iā€™ve been to that stupid place,

and each time Iā€™ve hated it. I canā€™t hear ā€œThe Lion Sleeps Tonight,ā€ without being reminded of that

horrid, horrid place. Iā€™m 22, and that place still gives me the creeps.

Perhaps not so much what is under my bed but I got scared things would pop out at me in

the bathroom. Im not really sure why but I used to think that in the bathroom something is always right behind

you and that you just cant see them because theyā€™re so good at staying on your back. For some strange reason it

used to beā€¦ The Seven Dwarfs who were always stalking meā€¦ :open_mouth:

Oh I LOVED the Oompa Loompas from the first movie!! They were

awesome!!

Nothing really scared me from my bed or closet . . .

Same here. Nothing scared me much. No monster was really theatening to me. But I was

always afraid of real threats. Serial killers that invade peopleā€™s houses and do their bussiness. I was afraid

that I wa going to be a victim.

Well, my next door neighbours had a really feisty dog (bark worst than bite),

but I always had a slight niggling concern that it would somehow turn up in my room and bite me. Well, I was 7 at

the time.

Ho yeah! With people like Ted Bundy running amock, big hairy

ā€œkittiesā€ and lizard monsters were the LEAST of my problems :laughing: In fact, had I saw Randall or Sully

walk out of my closet, I would have begged my mom to let me keep em :unamused:

I can

promise you, that with my dragon fixation I had when I was a little kid, if Randall had walked out of MY closet,

that would have been a dream come true! Well, it STILL would be, but for a very different reason now that Iā€™m

all grown up, heehee!

pitbulllady

Hehe

your preachinā€™ to the choir! :sunglasses:

I need to spread my posts throughout more movie threads. :stuck_out_tongue:

As a child, I never

had a fear of something hiding under my bed. My closet was a different story. I always thought some maniac

would pop out and get me if I opened the doors. The same went for when I was in the bathroom at night and went

to pull back the shower curtain.

To this day, I still have a fear of the dark, but Iā€™m much better about

it. My worst fears are of bees and lightning/thunderā€¦not that I donā€™t enjoy

watching lightning because itā€™s so

fascinating.

~~=oP

I donā€™t recall

having a monster when I was young.

Well even if I did I probably would be a dead door concerning the fact

Iā€™m nearly fearless.

sigh I would love to see a good

thunderstorm! :laughing: