"Stupid"?

What did Randall mean by this, in the door chase scene?

Surely Sulley’s not stupid. I don’t understand this quite well.

I can’t particularly remember Randall just saying the word ‘stupid’ in MI…Could you be a little more specific as to what part of the film you’re referring to?

What scene was it from A113?

You better hurry up and make this post a little more informative, or I will have to lock it. I’m sure you read my post about posts like this.

Sorry guys, I’ve edited it now. It was in the door chase scene, right before Boo gets aggressive!

He Had nothing else to say other than insults that don’t make sense.

And, uh, let’s be honest, Sulley isn’t exactly the sharpest tool in the box… :laughing: But yeah, I’d probably put that down to Randall shouting random insults in the heat of the moment. It’s not like Sulley’s a ‘pathetic waste’, either.

Yeah, stupid’s a fairly common insult for people to throw out there…even if it’s not true.

So, Randall just said that because he was angry?

Yes. And Sulley does seem a little slow sometimes. But I’d generally put this one down to just being a random insult.

Sulley’s not the sharpest tack in the toolbox, but then, Randall doesn’t exactly having a grip on MATURITY, either. In a lot of ways, he’s like a child. He has similar priorities to someone much younger than his actual age, and when he’s mad, he uses the same sort of insults that a child would use. Randall was at that stage where he wanted to have the respect that adults are due, but he just couldn’t quite let go of childhood, where those big dreams of childhood clash with the realities of being a working adult. And, I have to admit-while Randall is probably extremely gifted, in terms of his engineering, mechanical and technical skills, he does not have the most expressive vocabulary in the world. He obviously comes from a lower working class background where “big words” are pretty meaningless, and when he’s put under extreme stress, he falls back on the sort of words and phrases HE has probably heard for much of his life, since that’s all he has to draw upon.

pitbulllady

Although Randall was not in control of his more intellectual side at the moment, letting his other self let him revel in beating his “rival”, if you CAN call Sullivan that…
The Stupid comment could be placed due to Sullivan’s decisions.
Randall GAVE him and Wazowski a way out by telling them to leave the kid in her door when lunch was on. And they didn’t take it. To him, that’s a stupid decision. And perhaps more so, as Randall himself had been forced into the situation, Sullivan willfully kept himself in. And THAT is what Randall thought of as stupid. As Sullivan was ignorant to what was going on.
Besides, the blue rug seems to have luck on his side…and I don’t think Ran believes in his own luck too much.

Tehehe :slight_smile: So glad Ran doesn’t see this ^0^ Though allot more mature than he was, he’d still have a say on it ^0^

I think Randall said that randomly to show how much he hates Sully, and obviously doesn’t care for him.

I’m going to go with everyone and agree, it was just a stupid comment, like anybody would say if they couldn’t think of anything worse, smarter or more fitting to call you, just out of anger.

Yeah it’s just an insult. And one that always makes me laugh whenever I hear him say it. I dont know why, it’s just the way he says it guess.

Yeah, it’s like when he says, ‘this kid needs to take off a few pounds’. Obviously he means it as a joke, and it isn’t particularly funny, but I laugh out loud every time.

It’s funny in the context of which he said it, since Mike IS probably quite a little chunk to lug around, and Randall would not have expected a two-year-old human child to be quite so hefty!

pitbulllady