Pixar Planet

Monsters, Inc. Coaster coming 2011!

Talk about Pixar's Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby martini833 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Of course Jim isn't good with box office predictions and such, but when it comes to theme parks (his speacialty) he's pretty accurate. I know that last year he bashed Ratatouille, but seriously, the fact that he can't tell that a movie will make money has nothing to do with the credibility of his sources at WDW.
As for the WALL-E plot, we weren't talking about that, the first act was shown somewhere (I'm not sure where, Comic-Con, Wonder Con maybe), but his sources told him about it way before it was shown publicly. Look (check the date): http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... again.aspx
Anyways, I don't want to sound like I'm gullible, but Jim isn't all that wrong as much as you say.
ADDITION: Of course it's a rumor, just like Cars Land and Toy Story Mania were, and I choose to believe it. Sometimes rumors don't come true and people call the bloggers liars when actually projects could've been canceled, so they didn't lie, they just told you too early.
Let's just agree to disagree, since this topic is now turning into a "Is Jim Hill credible?" topic. ;)
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby Disney_Guy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:23 am

martini833 wrote: Sometimes rumors don't come true and people call the bloggers liars when actually projects could've been canceled, so they didn't lie, they just told you too early.
Let's just agree to disagree, since this topic is now turning into a "Is Jim Hill credible?" topic. ;)

I don't think these people are liars necessarily, I just don't think they are reliable sources.
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby lennonluvr9 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Well I'm not sure whether to believe this. But if its true, I can only say it's about time! Since the first time I saw that scene, I knew it was Disney-ride material.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby David » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:55 pm

There is a lot of hype following this plus the designers (Imagineers) cannot say anything, it is supposedly a suspended coaster which would fit into Soundstage One but would that be big enough?
i thought of an idea to make it like The Simpsons Ride at Universal where it is all simulators and screens around you.
COMING SOON..
David
Shark Bait

Postby DoubleLatte » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:54 am

lennonluvr9 wrote:But if its true, I can only say it's about time!

I second that statement. I did actually start thinking up of ways to start saving up for a trip to Florida just to experience the ride. I'm not scrapping out the idea entirely, but I will just wait and see. The whole concept of having a ride that takes place after the events of the film (rumor or not) sounds all too exciting and interesting to me. I've been dying to hear news like this for ages now, so even the mere prospect of it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Unreliable or not, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope it is exactly as the blog describes it.
DoubleLatte
Mutant Toy

Postby lennonluvr9 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:00 pm

i was actually a little surprised they hadnt thought of that yet. The whole scene seemed obvious that they could make a ride out of it. Or maybe it was too obvious. Or maybe they hadnt thought of a way to do it yet.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

OMG YES YES YES

Postby PadawanLinea » Fri May 29, 2009 6:00 am

Oh, this totally made my night...I have been waiting for this ever since the movie came out, wondering WHY they hadn't done anything for it!! Although, I always thought they would do it like a ride where you were actually standing up, with two people strapped to each side of a door, and you would go through the vault just like Mike and Sully, forwards and backwards with all of the cool twists and turns. Eh, I'm still so happy to learn about this!

I'm already psyched for DCA's CarsLand, so to hear this just blows my mind. I hope and pray that this Jim Hill guy is right!!

Sheesh, I just found out, like a month ago, that Disney World had a Pixar land. Oh, I have got to get there sometime in my life!!
"It's fun to do the impossible."---Walt Disney
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will."---George Bernard Shaw
"Art is a leap of the imagination. Tradition is the platform on which it stands."
"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
PadawanLinea
Shark Bait

Postby buzzlightyear159 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:49 am

that is going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buzzlightyear159
Shark Bait

Postby CMB » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 am

This will give me a reason to go to Florida!
Image.
CMB
Toy Collector

Postby woody » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 pm

I know! I haven't been since 2007 and hope that I can make it back in 2011 to see this, and the new fantasyland :)
woody
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Fairly Odd New Yorker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 am

I've heard about it, but so far apparently it's only been talked about. I think I saw the building where it'll be, but Disney's top priority right now is the expansion of Fantasyland, which is due to be completed in 2012.
Fairly Odd New Yorker
Master Scarer

Postby Rostron2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Was there anything new about the (Disney World) ride that's come to light in the months since this was posted?

I know the Tokyo Disney park has some newer stuff, Monstropolis, etc.
"Adventure is out there!"
Rostron2
Mutant Toy

Postby Woodyfan23 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Ack finally, ever since I saw that scene I was thinking man what a great ride that'd be. Than we only get that little kiddish type ride at DisneyLand. I hope this ride if real comes to DisneyLand too. I really want to ride it, man would it be fun. It'd be kind of like Space Mountain I'd gather.
I love Woody
Jessie/Woody shipper
ImageImage
Woodyfan23
Mutant Toy

Postby Sarah » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Gosh, I HOPE this is real. If it weren't for the fact that the Harry Potter Theme Park is opening this spring, I'd make this my first real roller coaster.

I really wish I lived nearer to a Disney Park, as all these Pixar attractions sound SO COOL.
Sarah
Shark Bait

Re: Monsters, Inc. Coaster coming 2011!

Postby buzzfan120 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm

I think a Monsters, Inc. Door Vault ride would be AWESOME! That's the number one thing I want at Disney World.
Buzz-zinga!
buzzfan120
Ant

Previous

Return to Monsters, Inc. & Monsters University