Monsters, Inc. coming soon to Blu-ray

There have been some rumors about the Blu-ray Disc release of “Monters, Inc.” lately and now it looks that it really is coming to Blu-ray in 2009.

At the moment release date for UK has been set to June 1st 2009 and the pre-order is up @ amazon.co.uk/Monsters-Inc-Bl … 001NN4162/

I’m sure more info will come soon.

Dang, I don’t have Blu-ray. :frowning:

I think they’re going to add more special features that are not included in DVD,
again…

Good news! Just got myself a blu-ray player yesterday. Can’t wait to see Monsters Inc. in full High Def!

Killer123 - hang in there mate! I suspect prices are going to fall rapidly within a year :slight_smile: .

there’s also Finding Nemo, expected for september!
amazon.co.uk/Finding-Nemo-Bl … ref=sr_1_1

Btw, no A Bug’s Life… mumble…

An official press release about the next Blu-rays should be arriving…

I’m kind of torn about whether to get it or not. On the one hand, it’s expensive, and it’s a movie I have already, but on the other hand, there might be extra features, it’s one of my favourite movies of all time, and it will probably look pretty gorgeous in high definition. I think the added content (if any) might sway it for me. Thanks for the information, eerik.

Lizardgirl - I expect there to be some extra content, at least a picture in picture commentary like as in Wall-e. And yes, they may be expensive, but it’s Pixar!

Haha, I know how that feels.
I’ve already got all the Pixar DVDs, but I also feel like getting them in Blu-ray format as well. It’s like buying the movies I already have in expensive prices. But at the same time, they got extra features, HD performance, and they’re PIXAR!!!

Yeah, I’m definitely buying Pixar Blu-ray’s even though I have them all on DVD. Blu-ray equals more of everything. More Pixar equals happy Martin. :smiley:
So, yeah, I’m still waiting for a press release type of announcement so I can make an accurate report on the blog.

So next year is ABL, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo on Blu-Ray? That’s a pretty shcweet line-up. Toy Story and Toy Story 2 won’t be on BR for a few years, yet - who would pay to see it at the cinema, when they can see it at home on Blu-Ray?

As for getting MI on Blu-Ray… I don’t have a BR player and the two-disc of the movie is enough for me right now, but I’m hoping to eventually get them all on Blu-Ray.

Maybe the Toy Story series will be released in Blu-ray after they’re shown in the cinema (in 3D). However, by then, there will also be 3D Blu-rays as well (you know, with those 3D glasses).

After that, I can imagine ABL 3D, MI 3D, FN 3D, TI 3D, and so on…

On one hand, yay for Monsters Inc, on the other, great, more and more movies are being released on Blu-Ray so that I can spend hundreds more dollars replacing my DVDs (once I ever Blu-Ray player) after I spent a lot of money (and time) replacing my VHS. :stuck_out_tongue:

christvs- True, true. It’s worth it for the extra content. Plus, I’ve seen some places which are giving dicsounts to people who bring in their old DVDs and exchange them for Blu-rays, so I might do that with some of the other Pixar films (but not in the case of [/i]Monsters, Inc.[/i]- I couldn’t let go of the copy I have!)

It’s now officially confirmed, that both “Monsters, Inc.” and “A Bug’s Life” are coming in 2009. No mention of “Finding Nemo” 'tho. :unamused:

finance.yahoo.com/news/ADDING-MU … 86776.html

Cool, thanks for the link, eerik.

In my country has not left the issue of the double DVD of the film. Believe that the Blu-Ray will have the same extras that the DVD was, or should I buy a double edition, then you are selling?

I am very excited about the arrival of the movie in Blu-Ray. I already have Cars and Wall-E on Blu-Ray and it is great!

Does anyone actually know at this point if the Blu-Ray disc will have extra features not found on the two-disc DVD? I can live with DVD, since I’m not sure if I really wanna invest in a Blu-Ray player(though Circuit City might have some liquidation deals coming up, as much as I hate to profit from someone else’s misfortune), but if there’s extra stuff on the Blu-Ray, I might have to break down and get it.

pitbulllady

Looking at previous Blu-ray releases of Pixar’s movies and reading different interviews it’s obvious that it will have all the DVD extras plus more exclusive features.

If you have an HDTV, you need to make the upgrade! Once you see a Pixar movie on Blu-ray, there’s no going back. The audio-visual upgrade is the real “extra”.

I don’t have HDTV, unfortunately. I did see portable Blu-Ray players for sale at Best Buy, but GEES, those things are expensive! I wish my new computer played Blu-Ray, since it does have a HD monitor.

pitbulllady

Yeah just like when portable DVD players first came out, those things were a few hundred bucks. I had to wait awhile for them to come down. (incidentally, I wasnt even aware portable Blu-Ray players were out yet!)