Will Mary Gibbs return for Monsters, Inc. 2?

Will Mary Gibbs return for Monsters, Inc. 2?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I was just thinking about the possibilites of a Monsters, Inc. 2. There probably will be one because of the recent online thingies… :laughing: Anyway, do you think Mary Gibbs will return for the voice of Boo? I know she’s like, uh, twelve years old now, but she might still be able to do a Boo voice. :laughing: Then again, she might not even be in Monsters, Inc. 2. What do you think?

Now thats a good question Tamater

When you look at it when considering the lines that Boo had in Monsters, Inc., they were recorded by the able crew at Pixar following her around with a mic so they could pick up the ramblings when she was at play and at her most natural.

It would be nice to have her return, but then would Boo feature?
What age is Boo now? Is she still the small girl shouting “Kitty”, or do the actions and adventure of MI2 happen years later when young Boo grows up? Who knows, she could have a younger brother for us to play with!

Or she could be left to rot in the human world… we shall have to wait and see!

That there is a good question… if MI2 does come along (though not anytime soon), the voice of Boo would no longer be that same sweet, innocent little girl we know and love in the first movie… I don’t know. They could get another little girl to play Boo at the same age, or they could make Boo in the movie grow up (sorta like Return to Neverland, where Wendy grows up later, even after the great adventures, whether you like it or not, heheh).

Maybe a better question would be SHOULD Mary Gibbs return as Boo; after all, IF a sequel is being made to Monsters, Inc., the earliest time-frame for its release seems to be 2013. Mary was four at the time the original was being filmed, so she’d be well into her later teens by the time they get around to voice work for the sequel. Even her character (who was also named Mary Gibbs, by the way)would be 14 1/2-almost 15- using the movie’s time-frame, since the movie was supposed to have taken place in 2001(as well as having been released in that year), and Boo was about 2 1/2 at that time. If they want a cute, adorable toddler character, they either will have to “back-date” the time of the sequel to just shortly after the first one ended(which was one year after the main events of the movie), or they’ll have to go with a totally new child character. This means either scrapping Boo’s character completely, or finding some way to incorporate a teenage character into the plot, which in my opinion, would be far more difficult to do than bringing back Randall and having him undergo a character arc. It’s tough to have a really good, strong teen character that will appeal to all ages, and not just to kids in that age group, who isn’t obnoxious or “emo” or “Goth” or any of those other stereotypes. No matter how hard they try, that is just not going to be as cute as a little kid. I teach teens in that age group, and I’m sorry, but I don’t find them all that funny or cute at all.

pitbulllady

If and when a Monsters, Inc. 2 comes out, let me just say I’d like to see Boo, but it doesn’t matter what age she is. I’d imagine if she’s a toddler, they would cast another little girl but if time passes, maybe Mary Gibbs can do the voice (if she can act) or they could get a proffesional actress, how would you be able to tell that it wasn’t Mary Gibbs if the last time you heard was when she was a little girl? It really is all about the story but since there is no confirmation (but a lot of evidence to the sequels development) we should focus on the big question, is this movie happening at all, and when?

I’d say it depends on what the storyline of a potential Monsters, Inc. 2 is. If it’s set far into the future where Boo is older, then yes, Mary Gibbs could potentially voice her. If it’s set immediately after the original, then clearly not.

Yeah I concur pretty much with what’s been said. I guess I could see her doing it maybe if the sequel took place in the present. Then again, it’s not like Boo said much to be all that distinctive, so I think casting another wouldnt be a big deal. Or if it takes places directly after the first one, then yeah, they’d have to find someone much younger anyway.

That’s not good. But I doubt that they’re even making another Monster’s Inc. So either way, we might not even be able to watch a Monster’s Inc. 2.