Monsters, Inc. General Discussion

when i saw this movie i thought about how much imagination this required and immediatley fell in love with it.

I changed the thread of the title. — Rachel. =)

When I saw it. I remember being impressed with how they animated Sulley, but more importantly, I loved how funny it was :laughing:

If I had to choose one thing that impressed me about this movie, it’s probably the attention to detail they put into it (ie. designing a monster world, text on papers and such, special effects, etc.)

I don’t know what I first thought when I saw this movie…I don’t think I was that keen on it, actually. But then I eventually realised that this was because of a severe hatred of every other character in the film aside from Randall. :laughing:

I love the soundtrack of Monsters, Inc. and just the general atmosphere of the film- its jazziness and sort of '40s, '50s feel with that cool architecture and everything looking sort of dated but awesome.

I loved it right from the start. It was the first DVD that I owned, so that helped.

I liked the movie, however it just didn’t do much for me like Wall-E, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and the other Pixar films have. Its actually one of my least favorite. I mean, I enjoyed the movie ,there actually isn’t one Pixar movie that i dislike, but it wasn’t the best in my opinion compared to the others.

Its okay though…just didn’t spike my interest as well as the other movies.

Although my sister and I STILL laugh about the part where he says something along the lines of,

"We’re just practicing for this years company play! Its a musical! …see…

Get that thing back where it came from or so help me! (and Sully’s going like Bum bum bum in the background) "

I LOVE that part !

Overall the movie had its ups and downs for me, just a good movie for me. Not great. Just good, and funny! :smiley:

One of my favorite Pixar movies ever! I like the creativity of the monsters, and the storyline is just amazing. However, as an aspiring Character designer, I can’t decide which would be harder, having no limits or guidelines on your character or having both. Monsters give you (pretty much) nothing to work with but give you tons of choices. Fish give you something to look at and build from, but you have to stay within the general look of a fish, and still give it character. Obviously Pixar can do both.

Im watching the movie now :slight_smile: