Where's my Randall cuddly toy?! Come on Disney store...

Recently went to the disney store (Belfast)- on the GOOD side I got a medium sized Sulley soft toy, and managed to get one which looked pretty good too (some of them, the eyes look a bit odd so I was lucky with the one I picked). He’s soft and cuddly, and it’s been a while since I’ve actually got a soft toy at all, so despite the expense, being a Sulley fan, I like him. It’s the first piece of Pixar merchandise I’ve ever bought for myself (the first piece I EVER got was Christmas just passed, for my cousin’s son- I got him a Cars art set. He loves that movie. Loves bikes and cars and machines even more than most boys. Gets it from his dad who fixed up and upgraded bikes with his bros as a hobby in order to get cash/better bikes. OFF TOPIC.).

But I also wanted to get a Randall plushie sometime in the future. Even though I wouldn’t have got one THAT DAY (probably), and would have got Sulley first anyway, I asked if Randall would ever be sold (they also had a Boo toy, and I’d seen Mike before). But they said no, and unfortunatly when I bought Sulley said it WAS unlikely (when I asked), that they’d have any of such a thing in the future. (Never seen one apparently).

I kind of noticed there’s a distinct lack of Randall merchandise in general- heck, I would like an M.I. action figure set of all the characters even that I see Up has (but mostly a soft toy, because I’m a sap like that).

What about the disney stores near you? Any M.I. stuff there? (There isn’t much is there… always cars, the incredibles, toy story and up from Pixar… and the latter only because it’s their most recent release among other things).

Any Randall soft toys?

-Hugs Sulley-

I want a Randall too dang it! :angry:

The only Disney Store in our area(the Carolinas)is located in Pineville, near Charlotte. I was there around Christmas time shopping for my younger family members, and there was absolutely NO M.I. merchandise at all, NONE. Tons of T.S. stuff, though, and still a lot of Cars stuff, but not even much Up or WALL-E merchandise. The M.I. stuff I’ve seen there in the past was pretty much limited to Sulley, Boo, and occasionally, Mike, but he hasn’t gotten much love at the Disney Store, either. Aside from that little figurine playset that came out with the movie’s release, and the DVD/Blu-Ray discs, and one little t-shirt that was toddler-sized, I have never seen anything with Randall’s image or likeness at all at a Disney Store. I guess Disney really underestimated his popularity and figured that no one would want a plush of anything scaly, let alone someone who was depicted as scaly AND “bad”. I can guarantee that if they released adult-sized Randall t-shirts, hoodies or sweats, and a really big coffee mug with that “There Is No ‘I’ In Coffee” theme, as well as large Randall plushies(especially those “floppy” soft ones), those would fly off of shelves. Disney often underestimates its teen and adult audiences.

pitbulllady

That kind of… bites.

I don’t really like buying stuff on the net too often unless I’m pushed to do so anyway- but I would to get a Randall plush toy (eventually) but does it exist? The tag SAYS it’s made in China- distributed from London though. Perhaps I should be annoying and put in a request to the London people asking about it? Never know, maybe other people have asked.

(Oddly would a BIG Randall thing not work as a draught excluder pretty well? I remember a friend of the family, she had a snake one, and she pretended it would protect me and my sister from monsters and intruders or whatever when we all stayed over… that’s kind of amusing looking back. Plus a smaller, Randall!plushie would work as something people would want to wrap around their necks…)

Sulley- ?!

Me: I said the TOY Sulley.

I’d also like it if they sold those employee handbooks they had you know which were considered canon material- both pre and post laughter conversion. You know what I mean?

I would so buy a Randall T-shirt. And a Sulley hoodie or vice-versa. If they existed. No, no. I would get a Sulley on a TRAVEL BACKPACK and Randall hoodie and display my geekitude when it comes to this movie for the world to see on my travels.

I think Pixar, given the number of movies it HAS should almost have some sort of offshoot chain or something sometimes. (Though doubt Disney would go for that. Heh.) They certainly have enough movies- and while I could probably always count on CARS being there as presents for my cousin’s two sons (especially when the younger gets a bit older), for myself, I’ve found wanting it seems in Disney. I looked around a bit in England- went to THREE disney stores while I was over there and was just browsing- and only saw the (small) Sulley toy as well as Mike there too- never saw Boo before Belfast actually. The SMALL Sulley toy isn’t very… appealing to look at at all. Slightly terrifying actually. LOL. The eyes in the SMALL Sulley toy… they weird me out. Heh.

They could even sell a version of ‘Little Mikey’, you know Mikes teddy bear, which would probably do not too badly either, they do have Boo’s toy holding a small version but you know…

Typed ‘Randall’ in the online (UK) Disney store search engine… I got the question- did you mean ‘sandal’?

What. :laughing:

Sulley got the two toys I mentioned, plus a cushion.

Boo- got the Boo doll with teddy. Only thing.

Mike- HIS picture made me jump almost. The toy… is not attractive- plus I actually LIKED his shade of green in the movie (fact- green is my favourite colour, the colour they have him on the toy isn’t that good though…)

Waternoose (on a whim)- Nothing.

I put in Monsters Inc- and other than the toys I got DVDs/Blue Ray (plus in one set they stick it as a gift set with Finding Nemo), other than that… Mike and Sulley turn up on boys UNDERWEAR as part of a Pixar set of the stuff…Odd. Underwear… why would you get someone Pixar underwear?

But nothing else was there other than that.

There WAS a “Little Mikey”(that one-eyed “Teddy bear” thingie)plush available when the movie came out, and you can still find them on Ebay. The only Randall plushies were small enough to fit in one hand. I have one that Nexus gave me several years back, and there’s a thread on the Boggs Board about the Randall merchandise(and lack thereof), and of course, you can occasionally luck up and find one of those on Ebay, too, but as far as I know, there never was a large one, one big enough to hug or cuddle. My friend out in CA, the one who made me the nearly life-sized Wilt doll, has said that if she could find the right material, she’d make a large Randall plush, but she has not found anything that she believes would be suitable. She doesn’t want to make him fluffy and fuzzy, since he doesn’t have fur after all, but he would need to be soft, since scaly skin like his(in the movie)is actually very soft and velvety, as anyone who’s every held a python or boa can attest. There just isn’t a man-made material that would fit the bill, but I’d still settle for a slightly fuzzy Randall plush!

pitbulllady

chuckles I thought you had forgotten that Pitbulllady heh.

I found this Randall plushie on ebay: Randall plushie

Don’t know if you’ve seen that one before?

Heh! I really love the coffee mug idea, pitbullady!

EDIT- Just shortened the link a bit so it fits on the page.

-lizardgirl

You know it’s funny. Have seen many Randall plushies (note this is in the PAST) and all in some ways are different. There’s the possible one of course, but many can look different. And this one is in another class and is quite similiar to the one Pitbulllady’s got. There’s also one that’s the same but has glitter-esque sparkles down it’s spine.

The one I have, that you gave me, Nexas-is the one with the glittery blue on the back. The one that Lil Bandit posted is the same version that Dinogirl has, that she posted on the Boggs Board. I believe hers came from Australia, too, so apparently this was only released in Australia. I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s new as in newly-released, but was released along with the movie. Disney is still missing out on a big untapped customer base!

pitbulllady

Thanks for the info and australian post etc.

But: Australia?

Good grief, I at least would expect the Americans to have something at the very least too and up keep it in their stores. At first I thought it was just because I wasn’t in America or something. Randall’s pretty popular too generally speaking. Nothing in Europe in general either I guess though let alone Britain (or Ireland).

-Grumbles-

Pitbulllady as for your friend wanting to make one- could I suggest Velveteen?

It’s supposed to be a nice material, and if I remember there WAS a story I read as a kid called the ‘velveteen rabbit’ (or something like that). I think they sometimes call it ‘imitation velvet’ too. (But don’t quote me on that)

… But I don’t know if it feels the same in all honesty. I’ve never come across it. I’m not sure- I know they sometimes use it in dresses because it LOOKS the same, but I’m unsure of how it feels (it’s cheaper though than velvet). But if the book is accurate… you can make toys out of it.

But this is more of a random thought than anything concrete.

She wants to find something that looks and feels more like scales. Velveteen by itself doesn’t, and she has not found any that really gives the impression of scales. If you’ve ever felt the skin of a Boa or Python(a live one; dead skins just feel like plastic), they are very soft, smoothe and supple, but have a slight velvety or silky feel. Randall’s scales are very similar in appearance to those of such snakes, more than lizard scales. My friend is particular about the things that she makes and won’t settle for second best, so a fuzzy, furry Randall plushie wont’ do, lol. She has a pet Python herself, so she knows what that covering ought to feel like, and just has not been able to find any material that comes close which would allow her to capture Randall’s intricate pattern, and that’s just his “default” pattern.

pitbulllady

That’s what usually happens when it comes to finding the right material… it has some great aspects, but lacks other things which could make it better. The material that you mention Pittbulllady, I agree, would be great for any reptile toy. The ‘shiny scale’ type effect… I’ve seen it before on a crocodile toy that I own somewhere about the house…

Yes, I purchased it from Australia, or at least, it seems that that particular Randall toy exists alot round there… I’ve seen it frequently appear on Ebay again. Oh, it doesn’t look to be any new release of some sort, but looks to be released around the original release date of the film. Taking a glance at the merchandise tag, it doesn’t mention any year, but I can guess from the other things; the movie logo, the Pixar/Disney copyrighted emblem, barcode, item number, associated toy maker called ‘Hunter Leisure’ and the place it was made… not surprisingly, China, that it was released alongside the film. I too find it hard to believe that it was just sold within Australia? Usually, I think a toy such as detailed as this would certainly make it to America and the likes of the UK, but apparently not… reason for that, questionable.

Never really responded to this thread but figured that sure, why not…the only Randall plushies I’ve seen were the old ones from around the time that the film came out but the only problem I have with plushies is the fact that some compared to the character almost look nothing like them…that’s why when I’m looking for collectibiles of my fav characters, I go for plastic figurines which can be easily found on Ebay, Amazon, and for more recent figures, in local comic book shops and stores…characters done in plastic do look more exact and closer to representing the character than plushies do over half of the time…but the best ones are the collectibles, not always the child toy’s version due to them being made to be safe to play with…but the only downside sometimes to plastic figurines is that when trying to pose and set them up, it can result in parts accidently being broken off…I have three plastic toys of Randall but they only resemble him to a certain degree although it would be nice if Neca or even Mcfarlane could make a collectible of him but considering what they make, Pixar may not go for it, lol…although MezcoToyz is another good choice as well…

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember McFarlane DID do an Incredibles series of collectible figurines that were very detailed, so yeah, if they did a Randall figurine, it would probably rock!

IF my friend out in CA finds the right material, though, her handmade Randall plush would look as close to the real deal as you can get in a plush. I know that the Wilt doll she made for me looks JUST like Wilt in “Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends”, much more so than any of the official plush dolls or even the figurines, and he is just about life-sized, too. Trouble is, of course, that legally, she could not sell any Pixar-related stuff, since she is not licensed to do so, although she IS licensed to make and sell “FHFIF” stuff, and each doll takes weeks or even months to make, since they’re made by hand and they are one-of-a-kind. I have thought about asking her to do a Randall polo shirt(that IS what they call the shirts with the collars and the short row of buttons, right?)since she also does embroidery, and I saw a really cool polo shirt that a teacher’s kid had on at our staff workshop back in June that had a gryphon embroidered on the pocket in the same color as the shirt(which happened to be purple), that looked like a sort of bas relief, and I immediately thought of how neat it would be to have a Randall design done like that. Plus, if it was on a polo shirt, I could wear it to work(t-shirts are not allowed to be worn by staff).

pitbulllady

Oh they did…if so, I didn’t know that but considering the detail and work that Mcfarlane puts into their stuff, then yes, they would do a wonderful job if they made a Randall figurine…I have both a Emily and a Victor figure from the Corpse bride film and it even had Scraps, that little skeleton dog, very detailed for something of it’s size, my only complaint was that I couldn’t get Scraps to sit as the artwork upon the box showed but I got him to sit close enough, knowing my luck I could have accidently broken him and trust me, I’ve done that with two of my Square Enix figurines, considering the price you can pay for them, you don’t want them breaking on you…Mcfarlane would be a better choice then Neca though, while Neca does produce alot of TNBC stuff for Disney, some of their figurines seem to be cheaply made and can result in pieces or other stuff popping off, it can be a bit of an annoyance, another good company is Jun Planning but they’re the Japanese producer for TNBC stuff and I’ve only seen a little of their stuff in stores but they do an excellent job on figures, they last longer than Neca’s, that’s for certain.

Yes, Polo shirts are the collared shirts who only have a few buttons up near the top, lol, that does sound like an awsome idea of Randall being embroidered on it…although for me, I would rather get him on a t-shirt, personally, I really don’t like polos and prefer to not wear them, I’ll wear them to nice occasions or to work but not part of regular day to day stuff for me…

I’m not crazy about the polo shirts and normally don’t wear them when I’m “around the house”, but our school district’s policy does not allow staff to wear t-shirts or jeans so I’d have to get something that I COULD wear and not get in trouble for it. The Principal got all of the teachers polo shirts with the name of the school embroidered on it, so if she’s endorsing that type of shirt, that type of shirt it is.

I’ve seen a really detailed “micro figure” several times on Ebay, from Great Britain, which looks really nice, although it is TINY! I don’t know how they got that much detail in something so small, but here it is: cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-MICRO-MONSTE … 2a07869f05
Unfortunately, not having a credit card puts a damper on my ability to buy from Ebay.

pitbulllady

I have a Randall plush that I got shortly after the movie came out. I went to Disney World this summer and expected to find a whole bunch of Randall stuff, but I didn’t find much at all. They did have a set of plastic toys from Monsters Inc with Randall in it that I bought, though.

Awww, I’d like a Randall plushie!

Yeah, a Randall plushie would be cool to have!

Yeah I love the way scaly skin feels. I have seen plushies that have that rather scaly feel to them.

Too bad Disney will probably never come out with a large Randall plushie like that. :frowning:

A Randall beanie toy with sparkly scales (like on the Trixie beanie) would be sweeeeeet :smiley: