A Re-Release November 2011, anyone?

It’s between now and Monster’s Inc 2’s release date, it’s an aniversary (10 years!), a great way to market the sequel, and they have a new “gimick” they could do an do a 3D re-release.

I can definitely see the possibilities. And for those who aren’t fans of 3D, I would see it regardless, whether or not it were in 3D, just to see it on the big screen again.

I haven’t thought of that, but that’s a great idea! I’d love to see this movie in theaters, I remember seeing it in theaters when it first came out. I was 9 years old!

I think it’s a great idea, because it would introduce the story to maybe children who’ve never seen it before right in time for the sequal. I hope they do that, I’d defintally pay to see it in 3D. Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D was a success, so there isn’t much reason not to.

Kind of like the Toy Story double feature? Awesome idea!!!

That would be cool, even if it was in 3D, which I’m not a huge fan of. It was my favorite Pixar movie a while ago so to see it in the big screen would be awesome!

I don’t know about that. Sometimes in lieu of a re-release they’ll make a big deal about a Blu-ray release. They’re already releasing Beauty & the Beast in 3D next February, so I hope they don’t do this. There are limits to how many times you can recycle a product, even with 3D.

Monsters Inc is already on Blu-Ray, which, yeah, does make it less likely, but I still would love to see this happen. And I don’t think they’re going through with BatB being re-released in 3D, it’ll be on Blu in October!

I’d love to see it in 3-D!
I was really little, like 5 or 6ish when it came out.
It’s a really cute and funny movie.

As long as it is in the tradition of the Toy Story re-release then yes! :smiley:

That would be nice :slight_smile:

I love MI, and would like to see it on the big screen. :smiley:

I’d love to see that too! In fact, I’d love a re-release of all of Pixar’s films tbh.

It’s possible, though to be honest, it’s far more likely to happen if they are doing a regular sequel.

If the prequel rumours are true (and I kind of hope they are not) it seems less necessary and likely for them to ‘refresh’ peoples memories about what happened in the original.

On the other hand: cold hard cash. And for little effort other than perhaps making it 3D compatible I guess (I guess the door-store chasing scene could be good for that?). People are going to want to see this movie and parents who perhaps were one of those much older ‘kids’ or college/uni students at the time might have kids of their own now. Plus people who perhaps never even got the DVD etc. Plus just generally people in general will want to experience it on the big screen. I never got to myself, the DVD was a christmas present instead a few years later.

So it’s still a possibility. No doubt it would be profitable in any case.

I don’t want a prequel. :shake: But, either way, I think a re-release would be cool.

Seeing it in theaters again would be fun for me. Blu-Ray means nothing to me at the moment as I dont have a player, and I dont care if its in 3D. But just seeing it with an audience again would be great. It’s so different than just watching it at home by yourself.

I agree! Whenever an audience laughs at a joke, the joke itself is slightly funnier. Same with emotional/scary moments.

^ Agreed.

Exactly. You pick up on the vibe in the room. If people laugh or cry at something, I’ll probably do it too, even if I never would at home.

It is a very good idea, and i would love to see it, but i am sick of the 3d, i´d rather watch the movie on dvd :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to see it in theaters because I missed it the first time.

I’d love to see it! I remember the first time I saw it in theaters, but I was six I guess. To see it on the big screen again would be amazingg! But 3D …eh, not for me.