Pixar Planet

Central Monsters University Discussion

Talk about Pixar's Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Central Monsters University Discussion

Postby Drumatic » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Ever since I heard about MI2, I thought it was crazy. The first one ended perfectly! If Boo is the same age in MI2, it's boring, if shes older, it's kind of lame.

What if it took place before Mike and Sulley met, and even how they got to work at Monsters Inc.

There could be new characters, as well as family. And you might even find out that they already knew Randall before Monsters Inc. Or abominable snowman, we need John's voice!

I think the idea is cool cause it's a Pixar first, and deals with the nervousness about Boo. Only down side is Boo is a important character and wouldn't be in it. Another thing is you wouldn't want to see Waternoose again, that might be tricky.

My other thought for MI2 would be right after the first one, and Mike & Sulley embark on a journey to save Abominable snowman, Nessie, Bigfoot, and maybe their friend people call "a martian"

It would be cool because they'd be going through different envoirments and gathering a nice looking group of monsters along the way. Boo would have to be with them, and because they'll be in the human world, they can use her for certain plans.

They could even create a mobile door/machine to go back and forth between worlds.

Either way, MI2 will be just as good as the first one. Cause why? Cause it's pixar!
Drumatic
Shark Bait

Postby Nexas » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 am

Actually Sullivan and Wazowski do know Randall previously, in fact he was actually involved with their employment at Monsters Inc.
A prequel would be a intersting idea...

As for the other, it would be intersting to see WHY these individuals were banished (OR exhiled). AB, for instance, doesn't seem to be the criminal type. A little absent and fuddled maybe, but doesn't seem to be a killer or some ruthless criminal that deserved the maximum punishment. Seems strange don't it?
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby mentalguru » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 am

Well I'm one who argues that the ending of M.I. wasn't really complete or perfectly finished, there are too many questions which aren't answered and threads left behind so I have to disagree with you there, but let's ponder the idea of a prequel.

A prequel does sound interesting in some respects though I think I'd prefer things like mini-episodes or things on tv for that time period rather than a movie, silly little things even about their lives. Sad things even, though of course humorous things would be good too. I kind of think under different circumstances perhaps Sulley and Randall could have been friends, it would be touching yet very sad to see that touched upon or briefly looked at.

Personally I think Randall distrusted Sulley not just because of scores or whatever but because Waternoose was a nice guy to the outside world but he knew what he was really like. It wouldn't surprise me if he though Sulley's nice guy charm was all an act too.

Overall like a sequel, it depends on what they do with it though and things can still go wrong.

But if both were of high quality in terms of story telling I'd prefer to see a sequel in all honesty. But that's because I differ on my opinion on the ending to yours really.

And nexas raises and interesting point about exiling. I kind of wonder about the snowman. Was he wrongly convicted? Perhaps he did something pretty bad but he changed after being exiled? (Then again that change would be pretty drastic in his case). I would too like to see the Monster world explored- of course you can do that in a sequel too, not just a prequel.
The one whose every other post should probably more or less end with 'TL: DR'.

Haven't been here in a while. Hi!
mentalguru
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:01 am

Wow, it never crossed my mind that Monsters, Inc 2 could be a prequel. I can't wait to find out more details! It'll be a while until we do though :(
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby jonASON » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:44 pm

There's no way it will be a prequel. But of corse I think it should be mike and sully going to get the banished monsters now that monsters Inc. Is under new management. I want to see the loch ness monster and big foot. Whatever the movie ends up being, I don't think i could end up disappointed.
jonASON
Ant

Postby Nexas » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:01 am

Even if it ends up being a prequel you won't be disappointed?

In most instances, I too think that it will be a proper sequel, but that doesn't mean we won't get some glimpses or flashbacks, which I think will help round out the story a lot better.
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby lennonluvr9 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Hmmm...a prequel could be an interesting thought. It would be cool to see how Pixar would handle a prequel. And there are various I ideas that could be used into how they got to where they were in Monsters Inc. On the other hand,I think the actual sequel has potential too.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:59 pm

I wouldn't really like a prequel. I don't think the past was emphasized enough for that in the original, anyway. If that makes any sense....
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

When is it coming out?

Postby TO INFINITY AND BEYOND! » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 pm

When is it coming out?
To Infinity and Beyond! words by Buzz Lightyear
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
Mutant Toy

When is it coming out?

Postby TO INFINITY AND BEYOND! » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 pm

When is it coming out?
To Infinity and Beyond! words by Buzz Lightyear
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
Mutant Toy

Re: When is it coming out?

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND! wrote:When is it coming out?

2012, I might be wrong though. So many animated films coming up, so many different release dates!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 pm

I really hope it's not a prequel. :(
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby NachozRule » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Nexas wrote:As for the other, it would be intersting to see WHY these individuals were banished (OR exhiled). AB, for instance, doesn't seem to be the criminal type. A little absent and fuddled maybe, but doesn't seem to be a killer or some ruthless criminal that deserved the maximum punishment. Seems strange don't it?

I was watching MI yesterday and thought about this too. A logical and funny theory I came up with was by being exposed in the human world. Think about it. Whether you think it's real or not, there's infamous, unexplained pictures and evidence of all of them.
NachozRule
Garbage Boy

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:18 am

IncredigirlVirginia wrote:I really hope it's not a prequel. :(

Rumors are that it is.

http://www.slashfilm.com/monsters-2-prequel/
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:20 am

I saw where Bryko posted. :( I really hope it's just a rumor. What do you think, ellie-jessie-eve?
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Next

Return to Monsters, Inc. & Monsters University