Will the monsters, e.g Mike and Sulley's appearance change?

As it will more than likely be set obviously years later, so would they ‘age’, like Andy in the Toy Stories, if so how do you think they will look :slight_smile:?

I think if they’re a lot older, they might…turn gray? But if they’re in the same 10-15 years, they’d look relatively similar, seeing as how they’re already adults.

I hope their appearances dont change much. Sulley always reminded me of a cute teddybear. :slight_smile:

I love Sulley :smiley:

Yeah he’s so sweet!

If the sequel is set a few years later then I could kind of see Mike getting some kind of crow’s feet and Sully maybe looking a little more worn-down. Not huge changes, just small, subtle ones.

Given the fact that Sullivan is now CEO…he’d probably look more ragged and tired. Why? Well he’s a worker, not a buisnessman. He’s got no experience as a CEO at all. The only thing he’s got going for him is an understanding of the workforce i.e. the employees, more so than other CEOs. But that won’t be enough.
In short, I’d think Sullivan would be exhausted. He can’t leave the CEO job for fear of another Waternoose (either that or, for some reason, he JUST CAN’T leave), but all the responsibilities that come with being the CEO will weigh heavy on him emotionally and physically.

This of course won’t be helped by Wazowski. Although he’d probably notice his friend’s change, he might be…inable to help. Why? Well Wazowski is supposedly the Top Comedian at M.I. now…a position originally held by Randall, then Sullivan. Needless to say, he got what he was trying to get from being under Sullivan. A huge ego booster for him.
Also…his relationship with Celia…Given the pressures Sullivan is under, I doubt he’d have time to find someone to be with. This would give the basis for envy on Sullivan’s part. With a good job, the boss as a friend, and a probable marriage on his end…Wazowski’s set. Sullivan on the other hand…

Oh yeah…about marriage. Perhaps Wazowski will be more concerened about the classic “commitment” issues men come up with. He considers himself a ladie’s man…BUT I do believe he DOES want to be faithful with Celia considering how much he cares about her. Still…the thought of “tying the knot”, moving in together (perhaps), or “meeting the parents” would be some issues he might not look forward/are ready for.

So shortly…I believe they’ll be on opposite ends. Wazowski has it good, with only the fears of settling things with Celia…and Sullivan is dealing with the issues as CEO.

I can see Mike settling down with Celia. He seemed to take the relationship seriously, although I can see how he might be reluctant to change his lifestyle.

I think the differences in appearance really come down to how much time has passed after the first movie. If it’s a very short period of time, then I doubt they’ll look much different (aside from Pixar’s technological improvements which might polish the designs a little).

I remember on Monsters, Inc. that there was this bonus thing of “Put that thing back where it came from or so help me” the Company Musical, and it had Mike’s mom. I forgot what she looked like, but she did look aged, if I remember correctly. Does anyone else remember this/her?

She looks like Mike, only she’s slightly aged, wears glasses and shoes, and has a bit of grey hair.

I bet they will look more worn out. They are, after all, running Monsters, Incorporated, so I am sure they will be stressed out. Maybe more wrinkly faces and heavy eyes.

Other than that, I don’t think their appeearances should change all that much.

youtube.com/watch?v=qUPSTDzbaCQ
Watch from 5:23 on. I tried to post a pic, but failed. :frowning:

Sullivan has a mom, and apparently is in contact with her considering she aimed to watch a commercial featureing him, as does Wazowski. Although I might get bashed by this…Wazowski’s mom looks…oui my memory uhh…sorta like “a diner girl”. She looks like the doting sort.’

Wazowski isn’t relatively running Monsters Inc., Love. That’s mostly on Sullivan. Wazowski is the head on comedians, if I recall, and he rather enjoys the position. But as said, time gives way to physical appearence as well as situation. And as with any job, sooner or later you’d reach that point where it kinda dulls…well that and a mid-life crisis.

I hope they stay similar. I love them as they are. :smiley:

Thanks for the link!

I think there might be a few differences, but gernerally, I think they will stay the same.

No problem!! :smiley:

I hope they don’t change in appearance too much. :frowning: Although the Toy Story movies take place years after each other (with Toy Story 2-Toy Story 3 forming the largest gap), Monsters Inc. 2 may take place only shortly after the last one ended. It could be a week, it could be a year… who knows? :stuck_out_tongue: Especially since we don’t exactly know much about the plot so far.

If the sequel takes place after the “child incident”, then the time-frame will be unknown…
BUT if it takes place after the whole film, it will be a year or more. It’s evident that the end of the film takes place a year later. We see, though, that “physically” Sullivan and Wazowski haven’t changed much.