I just found something horrible.

We all know Pixar is Disney’s best.
We all know Hannah Montana is Disney’s worst.

So what happens when Disney takes advantage of the LillyxOliver shippers and makes Mitchel Musso and Emily Osmet sing if I Didn’t Have You?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oe4CF3Kg … re=related

(So I’m two years late. There wasn’t a topic on this already.)

I could stand Disney trying to mix one of their best properties with one of their worst properties if it the cover ended up being decent.

Edit: …Fine, I like the cover. I just got pissed off because I can’t stand Hannah Montana in any form.

Ewww, gross.

I saw that evil, evil, evil video last year. :imp: This is one of the many, many reasons I can’t stand the Disney Channel. They ruined a perfectly awesome song! :`-(

Man, I just want to throw up. Pixar shouldn’t have ANY involvement with the teen-based trash that Disney makes. This adds insult to injury.

I’m not sure Pixar even new. Disney owns the rights to the song, so they could’ve just made this video without the knowledge of anyone who worked on Monster’s Inc.

Well if that’s the case, then Disney should be ashamed. They may own the song, but that doesn’t mean they can just ruin it by having one of their sell-out teen stars sing it. It’s primarily the work of Pixar.

This version makes me cry :cry:

I’ll be honest, I like this version of the song. I’m just mad because I REALLY hate Mitchel and Emily. They’re not talented actors, and their voices were digitally altered for the song.

I’m sure none of the tweens even know that it’s a cover.
They took a perfectly fine song and completely mutated it.

Oh my God. I despise the Disney Channel!!! It’s obvious they’r never going to be awesome again, so they should just close(I know this won’t happen. It’s just a wish). I hate this version, and I hate those two, too. :shake:

This is why most of us Disney fanatics stay as far away from Disney Channel as humanly possible.

(Except Phineas and Ferb, of course)

I think the thing with the original was that while ‘Mike’ is clearly no great singer at all (and Sulley while definitly better isn’t a singing sensation either), it did sort of have it’s charms in it’s own way.

This is just… meh.

I’m not horrified really, just slightly baffled. It doesn’t fit the premise of the original, and it’s kind of a bad adaption- I mean ‘big guy’.

He doesn’t look big for one he’s just a little kid. :unamused:

It’s kind of… BORING too, rather than horrific to me. I struggled to maintain any level of attention to it.

:laughing:

Plus they both sound like every generic boy and girl in pop or Disney pop anyway. You know how there’s a group of people who sound precisely the same- at least all those within the same gender do so anyway.

:open_mouth: OMG! How could they. This is worse than the time Poor Unfortunate Souls was covered by the Jonas Brothers.
Well Disney if you think your going to cover “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” by your teen popstars your sadly mistaken. :imp:
I really do hope PIXAR wasn’t part of this.

Did he just say: “The best collaboration of all time?” What were thay smoking?

lol I know. On my list of collaborations, this one falls somewhere near the bottom.

I hope they don’t do that!!! I’m afraid I’d hurt myself if they did that. :frowning: And I seriously doubt PIXAR was related to this.

I didn’t realize just how low Disney Channel had gotten until Christmas day at my sister’s house. I had not watched DC since the old “Lilo and Stitch” series went out of production, but my sister has two young daughters who are rabid “Hannah Montana” fans and watch DC religiously, all day. I don’t even know which show was on that day, just the acting was so horrible that I nearly got sick to my stomach(no, that wasn’t the turkey, either). All the kids on this show were supposed to be very bright and witty, while all the adults were blithering idiots. This wasn’t entertainment for kids; this was child abuse! DC has really targeted that lowest common denominator.

pitbulllady

I completly agree with Pitbull. Disney Channel has very sunk low in recent years. All they ever do is show the same recylcled live-action shows with bad acting and lame jokes. My sister watches it all the time, and I simply do not see what’s so great about it. Let me just say that I find the live-action shows really, really, painful to sit through. Also, the “new” shows they make are really just the same. They all have unneccessary laugh tracks and acting that is no-better than your average school play.

Agreed Geoff!

I hear Cyrus is apparently leaving Disney soon, though that might be just me. She might actually make a name for herself and actually do well- but that remains to be seen.

I almost more feel sorry for these kids, but the thing is we have to admit there is a market for this. But why I have no idea. But to make a fast buck with minimal effort- you basically get this sort of thing and the shows they come from.

Seriously ALL of these shows are the same- take one show, file serial numbers off, tweak the characters a little and the odd detail here and there… they’re pretty much all the same.

I mean I know they say there’s only so many stories, but still, could we perhaps air out a few of those other stories then? The same one gets a bit old sometimes.

But so far it makes them money so, yeah.

I have to say I’m not generally a fan of the acting Disney Channel generally produces today, which more or less acts like a sitcom with the same level of comedy if you’re lucky and often sometimes a lower level of comedy. I guess the odd show or two would be okay because it targets a certain demographic, but Disney Channel is more like the ‘Tween Sitcom’ Channel now with the occasional cartoon, or it was the last time I tried to watch it- I’m not so sure now.

It’s actually exceedingly difficult I think to pretty much gauge whether any of these kids to end up being good actors or not though to me- it’s because the writing is so TERRIBLE and I have trouble belieeing that every single one of them is that bad in reality or has such a low level of acting talent- I mean I’m sure looks came into their selection process sometimes but still, not every single one of them can be THAT bad if their confidence level checks out- I blame the directors or those guiding those kids- plus of course since they have fans this adds to the encouragement that they’re actually doing things the right way. Direction and writing is important with this sort of thing, I mean an actor can only do so much and it seems as if the directors are giving them all really bad direction and advice on ‘how to act’ (which kids need especially)- plus the fans- they can too. I think anyone can act at least a little especially if they’re not too nervous! But it’s hard to tell if you’re good or not or doing well if no-one tells you what to do or what the tone of the whole thing is- which is more or less the directors job.

And all these shows seem to to be practically the same- the characters the same. And why? Probably because the actors are all being given the same advice and think this is how you act well. Or at the very least how they have to act to keep their part.

Plus let’s face it, they are Tween sitcoms- those sorts of settings don’t need good acting- in fact GOOD acting doesn’t exactly fit the tone of their show to begin with so yeah, that’s that. I have yet to see a live action tv show from Disney which actually say had a coherent storyline and believable and likeable characters and good acting being shown. I wouldn’t MIND an American high-school setting, even though I’ve never experienced it myself, but they’re all just so… terrible.

But I think with proper direction and experience, if they were actually given it, they’d possibly be decent actors someday. I think, personally, almost everyone has that in them once they reach a certain point and can handle the idea of stage fright or whatever. But if you want to get experience in real acting-going for a part in a tween sitcom will possibly get you instant fame, but not instant talent or a good experience at all.

In any case, it’s all exaggerated expressions in these shows, and characters with no depth, or anything they try seems tacked on and a lousy foot note which just doesn’t fit them or the tone of the show.

There’s always the main character- who is never really ‘popular’ yet at the same time, everyone who ‘matters’ seems to like them eventually (funny how that contradiction somehow works, plus of course they’re always ‘pretty’).

Anyone who dislikes the main character is almost automatically with no depth and deserves to be humiliated in some form- always a cheerleader or something or FRIENDS with cheerleaders and made to be completely shallow… even though the main character is practically as shallow as they are and for some reason, this double standard doesn’t bite them back as hard because… main characters are the only ones allowed to grow and change after all.

(Because as everyone knows cheerleaders are ALWAYS shallow and petty or whatever and are just mean to the main character just… because… yeah… they’re mean. That’s all. And never -quite- as pretty as the main character. Riiiiggghht. Plus Adults are always useless. Or just don’t care. Always. Also people never really change after or during school years and remain the exact same person they were then…plus don’t get me wrong I do hear things are more ‘cliquey’ in American schools, but the level they take it in shows is just plain weird.).

There’s no subtle acting.There’s no genuine emotion. There’s no moments like in animation with Sulley say realising he’s scared Boo or whatever and the glances after that leading up to Sulley’s exile. While exaggerated things are sometimes needed in general, they go too far in these shows, and ‘epiphany’s’ need to be hit audiences over the head with huge force for them to get itat all it seems.To be fair, I guess in animation you can literally control all the expressions in some form, but still, how come a computer animated hairy monster conveys more subtle and true emotion than an actual person on tv?

Complete with a laugh track and ‘aww’ track and ‘obnoxious oohing and ahhing’ track.

A show or two of this is tolerable, because after all there is a market- but there’s too many now.

I’d rather watch ‘Spectacular Spiderman’ (the cartoon) to be honest- at first it seems like it might go down that road, but even gives the ‘jock’ some depth as well when the hero needs it among other people. There are some likeable moments for many characters and there is actual character development- issues are not automatically dropped and at times the hero comes off as a bad guy and it’s not hard to get the other person’s viewpoint on matters, and it feels kind of like a real school and makes me feel like this might be actually how some American schools work… despite it having a kid bitten by a modified spider and getting superpowers.

I really midd when Disney Channel showed cartoons. Now Phineas and Ferb is the only show on there I can tolerate. Am I wrong for missing when they showed things like Kim Possible and Gargoyles? I really hate the Disney Chnnel and everything it represents. :angry: