Mike's facial hair?

I’ve seen early concept art of Mike with either a mustache or goatee, but obviously this wasn’t used in the final film. Do you think this was a good change? I personally think it would have been a different and fun addition to a great character.

That would certainly be an interesting feature, though I wonder we will we distinguish it from all his fur?

Do you have an image of the concept art?

It would be more interesting if Mike was the one with the goatee! Then he could wear glasses and a beret and pass off as an actor for the ‘Put that thing back’ musical!

I don’t, but you can see it on the “Who’s Bud Luckey?” featurette on Disc 2 of the Incredibles DVD.

I’m glad that Mike turned out the way he did, I can’t imagine him with facial hair!

I need to see this. 8D

Considering his basically just a ball with legs and arms, it’s hard for me to imagine facial hair on him. 8D I must see, too.

Huh. I wonder how I missed that? I’ve been all over those DVD bonus features and dont remember seeing Mike with facial hair…Well maybe now that I think about it I do, but I dont remember at all what it looked like. In any case, I’m glad he doesnt because I think he would have looked weird that way

If it helps, it’s the one where he’s wearing an oversized sombrero.

I’ve dissected the MI DVD’s the point that I barely had to remember where to find em. 8D

TADA.

-and-

Of course there’s plenty others but these are the only renditions he has with arms. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Thank you for posting these pictures! I’m glad with the way he turned out in the movie! But the picture with him and the martini is great!

Haha I think he looks better with facial hair. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t decide how he looks better, but that’s some sweet concept art!

Haha, he looks a bit evil, actually! I pictured him having Danny DeVito’s voice… :laughing:

That would be cool. 8D

He looks better without it…that facial hair is…ugh.

He looks hilarious with that facial hair.

I think he looks better without facial hair.

Now that I see it, I too think he looks much better without. I dont really dig him with the whole goatee/soul patch thing going on. It just doesnt seem to fit in with his character.

It’s pretty funny, it looks like a more evil version of him. But yeah, I’m sort of glad they took it out in the end. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it really leaves a different impression doesn’t it?