Fungus: Is that his real name or a nickname?

Does anyone know?

I’m just wondering because the other monsters seem to pretty much all have names that are just like the names humans have.

Fungus is different and certainly more ‘monster-like’ I guess you could say. Because of that though I sometimes wonder if it’s a nickname he has.

The reason why I wonder this is I actually went to school with a “Fungus” back in high school. No joke, and this was back in the late 90’s already…before MI even came out. The guy in my class, his last name was Fung and people would call him Fungus. And he didn’t mind being called this. He would also get called Fungi and Fungasaur sometimes.

I think I called him Fungus too. It’s what pretty much everyone called him.

Someone else in my class who was named Marcus…his nickname was Marcus the Carcass. lol. XD

I guess ir could be. Their are some really weird names out their. One guy I knew has the last name “Faulkner” It almost sounds like the F word. So it could ne possible it’s his real name.

Well there was Phelm/Mr. Bile at the start with the training simulation. Fungus could be his last name and thus being a nickname.

I’m pretty sure it’s never been confirmed either way, but Fungus sounds like a proper first name for a monster.

Although it is a good name for a monster…it’s just interesting because most of the monsters all have human names.

Anyway, I posted this topic on some other forums too and some people said that it says somewhere that Fungus’ real name is Jeffrey Frungus and that other monsters just started calling him Fungus.

That could be possible. Kinda like South Park where Eric Cartman is just called Cartman by all the kids.

Interesting. I’d like to see proof of that.

I just looked up Fungus in the Pixarpedia book. It simply says his full name is Fungus.

pixar.wikia.com/Fungus

Wait, his first name is Jeff? :open_mouth: How have I never known this!