Big Hero 6

Disney has announced its new animated film Big Hero 6, the first one based on a Marvel Comics property.

Here’s also some footage: [url]Disney's "Big Hero 6" First Look Footage - YouTube

Yup, you beat me to it :slight_smile:
Here’s what today’s LA Times had to say about it:

Walt Disney Animation Studios’ first movie inspired by a Marvel comic will be an adaptation of a lesser known crime fighter series called “Big Hero 6.”
Directed by Don Hall (“Winnie the Pooh”) and due in 2014, the computer-animated movie will center on a robotics prodigy named Hiro Hamada and his robot companion BayMax, who join a team of superheroes in a high-tech city called San Fransokyo.
Even die-hard comic book fans may have trouble recalling the Marvel series, which was created by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau in 1998 and is something of a whimsical love letter to Japanese culture.
Characters in the original comic include a samurai, an agent who invented a nanotechnology-based Power Purse and a monster born from a child’s drawings.

I remember this comic series.

I never read more than a couple of issues. I found it kind of weird. Among other things, the agent with the purse that it’s mentioned there was a blonde with blue eyes, but she was supposed to be a Japanese girl! 8D

I’m interested in knowing more of this adaptation. The team had some connections with the X-Men and Silver Samurai, but of course that Marvel doesn’t have the film rights for those, so they’ll have to work something.

I REALLY love that concept art. This mashup of San Francisco and Tokyo looks so stunning. :open_mouth:

This definitely looks promising. I love the concept art I’ve seen so far to pieces! I have no idea what to expect exactly, but I trust Disney Animation, so here’s hoping!
Also, from what I hear, there’s a Wreck-It Ralph cameo in that clip somewhere… :slight_smile:

Man, I am just so proud of Walt Disney Animation Studios. They have been on a roll since Meet the Robinsons in my opinion, and I just thought Winnie the Pooh and Wreck-It Ralph were both 100% perfect. I highly anticipate Frozen, and I know this will only continue Disney’s glory. I LOVED that little bit of footage, and how awesome is it that THE Disney and Marvel are doing a full-on feature film together? Disney, keep doin’ yo thang! :sunglasses: (I’m also in a good mood after watching Iron Man 3).

Also, the Wreck-It Ralph reference is on one of the big screens out in the city. It’s about in the left/middle side of the clip on one of the screens, just look closely. It’s from one of the trailers, and even Ralph’s “dialogue” is in another language! :slight_smile:

There was already a topic for this. This one has more information but the other one came first.

This is a recent image. Okay, I’m wondering: Am I the only one who thinks this is going to be a particularly big deal for Disney? I mean, they even released thirty seconds of this before the first Frozen trailer came out. It somehow occurs to me that this may very well be a global phenomenon, at least that’s what I’m hoping for.

I’m very interested in this!

As a Marvel and Disney fan i’m looking forward to this promising

I’m not too excited for this as I never was too big on superhero movies (sans The Incredibles, which I love) but the name San Fransokyo sounds funny for some reason. |D

The idea and concept art is wonderful, I am very much looking forward to this :smiley:

More old news!!
Here is the teaser: [url]Disney's Big Hero 6 Official US Teaser Trailer - YouTube

And here is the prototype for the action figure:
and video: [url]- YouTube

Honestly, I’m still more excited for Incredibles 2 than Big Hero 6. But with that said. with the recent success from Disney (tangled, wreck it ralph, and of course Frozen), I am very interested in seeing this. I’m sure Disney isn’t gonna let us down.

Yeah! I’m also psyched for The Incredibles 2, but that’s another story for later.

My only let down is that some characters from the original comic won’t appear due to licensing issues which kind of sucks.

It would be a miracle for me to anticipate BH6 more than the Incredibles 2, because of course we are all familiar with the Incredibles and it’s my favorite movie. But I am very excited for this movie, and that action figure looks awesome!

Did ou guys see the posters of all the characters? Check it out. they all look epic!

fandompost.com/2014/06/30/wi … r-posters/

Ok, I’ve got to side with the complainers on this one, the Caucasian Disney girls looking alike is getting ridiculous now.

That said, no other complaints about the designs. And I really like the name Honey Lemon.

Though, my sister thinks Hiro looks like Jack Frost, and I think he looks like Hiccup.

Yeah, Honey Lemon looks a lot like Rapunzel with shorter hair in a super heroine costume. Other than that, the cast looks really great. I had fun saying Gogo Tomago aloud to myself. 8D

I was hoping they would keep Honey Lemon’s similar design from the comic.