Miley Cyrus

I know a lot of you will probably not love her but I think her music is great and I think she is good in Disney, she is talented but sometimes she messes up with photos and things like that.

Opinions/Views?

Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn’t sure where to put it.

Miley Cyrus rocks! :sunglasses:

Most of her songs i don’t like too much, but some are pretty good. And she’s not a Britney Spears or a Lindsey Lohan, which everyone thinks she is. It’s great to have a Christian celebrity around. :smiley:

I hate miley cryus. I can’t stand her, but there is one song i like.

I’m pretty neutral about Miley. She is pretty cute. Her songs are okay, and at the same time, sometimes I can’t stand her voice. My little brother has a crush on her though.

I bet he wants to marry her :laughing: . You know that she could become a billionaire by the end of this year.

Eh, she really gets on my nerves. I think she’s WAY overrated, but thats just my opinion.

I support her, and I think she’s good, but not as good as all the attention she gets.

She’s allright. I agree with netbug though.

I liked her until her racy photo which i guess showed she is still human. I’ve never had the priviliedge of hearing her songs so i won’t comment about them.

That “racy” photo was basically a trick from a magazine. After she realized what she had done, she apologized to her fans and asked for them to pray for her. Poor Miley. :cry:

Very good for her…never heard of that.

its good…

You bet it is! :smiley:

I know there are some that just don’t like her songs or her acting or anything else about her as a celebrity. But I like quite a lot of her songs, though I can’t keep track of them now.

And even if someone just doesn’t think Miley’s music suits him/her, then that’s fine, 'cause everyone has different opinions. You can hate anything about her as the celebrity you see BUT (I just want to make this known) you can’t hate her as a person, because she DOES have her own personal life, or at least deserves to, and you can’t hate someone you don’t know.

Also, I guess she must be going through hard times every now and then, maybe because people think they’re being cool to spread unforgiving rumors about the mistakes she makes, online and in magazines. That must be difficult for her. To quote one of her songs “everybody makes mistakes” “nobody’s perfect”, so I think whoever does that should just leave her alone. It’s extremely embarrassing and people just don’t seem to think about that. I mean, how would they feel if one of their mistakes were always mentioned and held against them? :frowning:

(Sorry, I don’t want to seem like I’m venting to you guys, I just want to say this here so that if any one of those people were to read this, they might rethink some things).

I like her TV show, and some of her songs… The annoying thing about “Brand Miley” is the whole contrast between what she is meant to be and what she represents. Some of the things she wears and does look like something a twenty-ish person should be wearing, not a fifteen year old. And part of me thinks that she likes the attention when personal photos of hers get “leaked.”

How was it a trick? She knew what she was doing. Her parents were there supervising. If she was uncomfortable with the direction the photoshoot was going, they should have said something. I’m sick of people not taking responsibility for themselves. The point is, Miley wanted to branch out and change her image a bit, got a totally different response than what she expected, or one that conflicted with Disney’s image, so she she played the victim card and acted as if she was tricked into taking that photo.

Well, I have nothing against her and I kind of like her songs. Some might not be good, but others are good. She’s not the best and not the worst singer in the world.

B•-R: Hooray! :smiley: Thanks for saying that.

I completely agree with that. SHE’S SIXTEEN, FOR GODS SAKE! She should be old enough to know better. And her dad was there, too! He should definitely know better! Vanessa Hudgens took those pictures, and she “apologizes” and says “That she never meant for them to go on the internet” and “She regrets taking them” and now everything is fine?!? If that was a normal girl, she would never be able to live that down!

I agree with Rac_Rules and Rachel about Miley and the photoshoot issue. She’s mature enough to make good decisions. What she did was all her choice.

It was one mistake. Seriously, she’s my “sister”. Give her a break; she apologized.

It’s not so much that she took the pictures that irks me. I like them in an arty way, even though she looks like the Joker from the new Batman movie in one of them. What annoys me is that she took them, knowing fully what image she was portraying - did she not have access to a mirror? - and both parents were there so they obviously approved of the images, but once Disney threw a fit and everyone else, she turns around and blames the photographer rather than say “Yeah, I took the photos so what?” It probably wouldn’t have been a good standpoint from a Disney POV, but I’m sick and tired of people apologising for things just to keep others happy, if that’s the image she wanted to portray then so be it - she was 16 when the photos were taken, right? - find your kind another role model, or use her as an example to explain about how the media and image works to your kids.

I agree with you both.

1-she shouldn’t have tooken the photo in the first place and should take responceability for them.

2-But she did confess them and ask for an apology we must respect that as well.