Disney Parks

How many have you been to? How many times have you gone? I’ve been to Disney World 8 times, although I was so young for 6 of those that I don’t even remember most of them. I went to Disneyland this April and I gotta tell you, Disneyland has much better rides and entertainment. I really want to visit Disneyland Paris though, looks like a really cool place! :smiley:.

I went to Disney World when I was,… 6? I think. It was cool, but I only remember complaining about my legs hurting! haha! I went 2 years ago, and WOW! It was really fantastic, the theming of the park by itself blew me away. Epcot was actually my favorite part of the trip, really cool place. I bought a sake set in Japan

Disneyland Paris… once… And I can’t wait to return with the latest expansions since my last visit and the plans it has for the next 3 years…

Rumoured for June 2010
Toy Story Playland will form a mini-land within Toon Studio and will be themed to the popular Pixar franchise with smaller attractions, immersive theming and photo locations. Three to five attractions are currently rumoured, of which these:

• A Halfpipe Coaster
  • A Children’s Parachute Tower (similar to Jumpin’ Jellyfish at DCA)
  • A Music Express ride (similar to Scuttle’s Scooters at Tokyo Disney Sea)

Already under construction,
Concept art looking a little like this (This is for Tokyo Disney… But Paris’ Walt Dinsey Studios is looking to get this)

Rumoured for 2012:
Ratatouille Dark Ride!
Nothing actually set in stone… Differing ideas of a Boutique and A Restaurant inside the attraction are appearing and disappearing quickly in the Walt Disney Imagineers ideas.

I’ve been to Disney World 11 times I believe and Disneyland twice. I actually just got back from Disney World 2 weeks ago. I love going to Disney and I’m always extremely sad when I have to leave.

Well, I have been to Disneyland an average of once or twice a year. I have been to Disney World and visited every park at twice in my life.

I’ve gone about every year for the past few years. Going on October, as you can see in my sig.

And hey! Photos of me in the park.
Me and Ray Park
Me on a Segway at EPOT

I adore the place so much. The first time I went maybe 6 years or so ago I was thinking “Disneyworld? Kinda cheesy. Might be fun for a weekend.” and then I get there and I love it! There’s a great podcast I listen to, Inside the Magic, that keeps me up to date on park news (mainly World since the host lives in Orlando)

Wow! You guys are so lucky! I love the place so much, and the last time I went was a quick weekend in 2007. I want to go back so bad but unfortunately, my dad hates Disney and refuses to take me back on his own time. Although my grandma might take me back in 2011! I hope so, it looks like there have been a ton of new rides and enhancements since my last visit! :smiley:

I’ve never actually been to one before, and I’m not sure if it would really appeal to me either but I wouldn’t mind going to the one in California when I’m there next Easter. I think it would be quite fun with a couple of friends who are up for a laugh, as opposed to going with parents who might not be as keen. :laughing: But I’m surprised at just how many times some of you have been! And I always thought it was expensive. :laughing:

You may be surprised at how much you like it. No way to know for sure until you go. Disney goes all out and every dollar is well worth it.

I’ve only been to Disneyland Paris, but I’ve been there close to twenty times. I don’t know exactly. I stopped counting a long time ago.

It’s amazing how you become a child again when you go to these places. And how you loose discernment. You may think it’s silly when you’re outside, but when you’re actually in the park, you don’t care anymore about the weirdness of being circled by a haunted manor, a x-wing from Star Wars and Pluto.
But maybe that’s just because I’m a 24 years old child ?

you couldn’t be any more right Archibald (both about how Disney makes you feel like a kid again, and that you’re probably a 24 year old kid, I’m the same way, haha! My brother’s 26, same for him)

You can watch all you want on the television, but until you actually visit the park, you can’t fathom the atmosphere in there, it’s totally amazing. Absolutely worth the visit, just the environment itself is so entertaining.

You guys are very convincing, I have to say…:laughing:

I do see what you mean, though, about going there and feeling like a child again. I guess it’s probably one of the few places where you can feel like that. I’m not a big fan of going on rides and stuff like that, but if the atmosphere is that special then it’s probably worth it just to be there and have felt that.

Absolutely. When I went 2 years ago, I was taken aback by how much just being in the park made me feel like a kid. Honestly, Epcot was my favorite part of the trip, and there aren’t any real rides there, it’s just theming. What rides there are, like in the Magic Kingdom and stuff, aren’t very substantial regarding actual riding, but the theming is really cool to look at, they’re mostly slow, indoor dark rides. It’s all about the environment, not a riding park by any means.

Aye! Don’t knock the Maelstrom.

At Epcot? I don’t remember any rides there besides Spaceship Earth, must have missed it.

I want to go to a Disney Park sometime. Just haven’t had the money to go to one. :frowning: I really want to go to Disney’s California Adventure in 2012! Why? The opening of Cars Land!!! XD Bet everyone here saw that coming!

There’s only two in World Showcase. The Maelstrom in the Norway pavillion is Pirates the of Carribeanish. Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros is in the Mexico pavilion and is Small Worldish.

There are several rides at the front of the park though. Test Track. Mission Space. Journey Into Imagination. Soarin’. Living with the Land.

EDIT: I’ve been to the parks 4 times …

I have the benefit of living thirty minutes away from Disneyland and California Adventure and having a father who loves them so much that he’s bought annual passes for the both of us (they’re the kind that allows us to go to both parks). He and I usually spend a full day there two to three times a year. Most of the time though, we spend the evening or night and watch the shows and go on the rides depending on the crowds.

Like everyone else said, I also end up feeling like a kid again and forget my troubles for a while when I enter the parks. It’s not an “iron theme park” where the aim of it is to have a bunch of rides in one place (example, Six Flags parks), because the people who worked to bring the park to life did an excellent job with all the little details that make it magical. My favorite part of it being the dark thrill rides. God those are so realistic.

For Pixar attractions, they’re all really good. Except maybe Monster Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue. Best one is the Toy Story Midway Arcade Games.

I’ve only been to Disney World, but I have been there 5 times ('89, '92, '95, '99, 2008) . Part of me wants to go to Disneyland, but I think if I went there I’d feel so out of place, cuz I’m so familiar with WDW. I mean, last time, for Magic Kingdom and Epcot at least, I didnt even need a map! It was actually quite thrilling, because I was the leader for once. We would decide where we wanted to go and they’d follow me there. And anytime someone had a question about where something was located, it was me they turned to. I felt like I was contributing something to the trip. It was great :slight_smile: