Do you buy Disney movies on Blu Ray?

I only ask because I just got the Snow White Blu Ray and it’s beautiful. Disney has done an amazing job with their Blu Ray releases.

I’ll get all the animated blu rays (the major ones anyway) eventually, but cant afford to right now. and so far they havent released anything animated that I love.
Im more into the stuff from the 90s personally.

I have gotten the Pixar Blu-Ray releases… even though I have not gotten a Blu-Ray player yet :confused:

I don’t tend to buy classic Disney films at all…But I have got quite a few of Pixar’s releases on Blu-ray. That Snow White limited edition set looks quite amazing, though.

I do, although I just got the regular blu-ray :confused: Your sooo lucky to get the extra special one! :smiley:

Do I buy Disney Blu-rays?

No. But I want to. Ohhhhhh man I want to.

At this point there would be no point in buying Blu-Rays cuz i dont have a player. Once I do, of course I’ll start buying them, most likely starting with Cars. But that wont be for years I’m sure. I didnt get a DVD player until VHS was almost entirely obsolete, like in 2002 or 2001 or something.

Ha! Same here!

No.
To me BluRay isn’t worth the cost and time of upgrading ones library.
Yes, it has a little better picture and of course more features (though on most of them, only because studios are purposefully leaving out the extras on the normal DVD releases). I also wonder about BluRay’s lifespan. I don’t think it’ll be that long, and while it might be more successful than LaserDisc, I still think it’ll be a niche rather than mass mainstream. It certainly won’t ever equal the penetration of normal DVDs before it’s once again supplanted by another format or delivery method, whether it be streaming, online, or whatever. The combination of being happy enough with normal DVD, not wanting to pay for another format yet again, and the fact that they region-coded bluray (A, B, or C) doesn’t make me in any way interested in joining. I’ve seen players on special for $100 occasionally already, and come this Xmas they’ll be much more available for $100. For those adopting bluray, I say enjoy, more power to you. I’ll wait this one out.

DVDs are region coded too.

Yes, but DVD regions are easily disabled on many players. From day one of DVDs, I absolutely wouldn’t even look at a player that I couldn’t change the region setting on it, and to this day I’ve never owned a player I couldn’t change to all-region. A good chunk of my library are foreign titles unreleased (and never will be released) in Region 1, and I have no desire to put up with more of the same in yet another format. I realize there are hardware-hacked region-free bluray players out there, but I see it as simply another reason to pass on BluRay. As I said before, I don’t doubt that a certain number of people will use BluRay… and if you enjoy it, great. But it’ll never equal the penetration of DVDs, and I suspect it won’t be all that long before it’s supplanted by another format/delivery method.

I think it’s true that BDs won’t be AS big as DVDs, but the point at which we can really download 50GBs worth for one film (which is the size of a dual-layer Blu-Ray, though I suspect most film releases don’t exceed 25GBs) is pretty far away.

That said, I haven’t yet bothered with an HDTV or Blu Ray player yet - though my iMac has a screen above 1080p and my ‘Up’ DVD came with a Blu Ray copy, Apple decided they didn’t want to put a BD player in the computer itself. A bit of a bummer.

But yeah I’m all for BD right now, and it seems to be taking retail by storm too. Discs with one side DVD and one side BD are coming in the next few months, sneaking HD copies of films into all our homes until we cave in and upgrade :smiley:

Only the new ones and a few exceptions. I have Meet the Robinsons and everything after that up through Wreck-It Ralph The four CG ones I have in 3D as well, although Wreck-It Ralph glitches a lot :cry: . I also have the Prep and Landing TV specials and Cinderella, a lot of which had to do with me wanting “Tangled Ever After” in HD.

Come to think of it, I think I actually bought almost all of these with my own money! I don’t plan to get almost any of the old ones because somewhere either I have a VHS or DVD copy, or Netflix has provided me with the less-purchased films now releasing on Blu-Ray. One classic I would like to have is Dumbo, but I think I’m fine without the rest. If I decide I want one though, I need to pay for it.

I’m really sorry for this, but I laughed that your Wreck-It Ralph disc glitches. Of all the movies to have a glitch.

I only have 1 Disney bluray, and it’s actually Pixar; The Incredibles. But that’s actually pretty good considering I only have 2 blurays, and there are only about 5 in my house. I wanted Brave on bluray, but I received the DVD as a gift.

Ironic, isn’t it? 8D All of the 3D Pixar films mess up too except for FN, and TS & TS2 can make it to the end but with three glitches each. And I agree, The Incredibles Blu-Ray is great, one of the first Pixar ones I got. One day I said I was never going to buy Blu-Ray movies, then Cars 2 had a bonus disc that you could only get special features through the Blu-Ray (3D). I thought, “Okay, I see where it’s going from here…”.

You’re not missing out on too much with Brave. Since the DVD has the audio commentary, that’s most of it. There are other stuff, but it’s surprisingly not as lengthy as the other Pixar bonus material.

I wouldn’t say all of the films deserve an upgrade, especially if you already have a version at home or it’s not your favorite. I’m just a Pixar (and new Disney) nerd so I wanted to have all of those, plus I had to buy most of those with my own money, or wait for Christmas. Also, I eventually realized that on many new Disney Blu-Rays, the only Blu-Ray thing about it is the film, everything else might be standard definition. So the classics I won’t buy again, and I’m caught up with the ones I wanted.

Yeah, of course I already had it on DVD. But when I heard of all the features, and how pretty it looked on bluray, I had to have it! And wow! The individual hairs and the individual stitches. Wow this movie and blu ray were meant for each other.

Those little details are really awesome. Also, I like how the Blu-Ray just reveals all the old easter eggs! On the Blu-Ray Disc 2, there’s one of Mr. Incredible dancing that I hadn’t known about! I later discovered that it was on Disc 1 of the original 2-Disc DVD before that.

I discovered all the bonuses on the DVDs, but they’re still fun to play with. :smiley:

I love the new Disney films, but I’m disappointed that Meet the Robinsons and The Princess and the Frog are the only ones with audio commentaries. Where have the others gone? I really wish I could hear them!

Haha, the two I care the least for out of this new batch. Greaaaaaaaaaat :confused: