Favorite Disney Villains

Anybody else have a favorite Disney Villian. I like Scar because he actally tries to kill and hes just very evil. Also like “Be Prepared”.

youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y

Judge Frollo from the Hunchback of Notré Dame is my favourite, he’s used to deal with some surprisingly adult themes for a Disney film; corruption and lust. Also ‘Hellfire’ is a marvellous song.

If Silver from Treasure Planet counts, at one point or another, I’d go for him, he’s really great. Then again, he sort of isn’t a villain. I’d have to say,…

DUDE!

YZMA!

Yes, Frollo was certainly one of the most ‘adult’ villains and deserves recognition in that context.

I’m a big fan of Hades from Hercules…wonderfully drawn, almost playfully voiced by James Woods, and his dialogue (which is a mixture of scripted and ad libs) is menacingly funny.

Other great villains…Gaston, Cruella de Ville, Ursula and the wicked Queen from Snow White…

Having recently gone back and watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame for the first time in ages, I have to say that Frollo is by far my favorite Disney villain. Dude totally makes that film.

Some of my other favorites, though, are Gaston, Clayton, and Hollywood from Bolt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yzma is #1 one for me, period.

If you want to know why, look no further than her convoluted plot to kill Kuzco… :mrgreen:

If anyone’s played Final Fantasy XII, Judge Frollo kinda reminds me of some of the Archadian Judges.

Hmm, maybe I should do a crossover picture…

I love the cold blooded killers. So much more compeling to watch. Scar is at the top. I mean, he killed his own flesh and blood.
McLeach the poacher is another. As well as Sher Khan.
When it come to design and animation? The firebird from Fantasia 2000. One of the most fantastically drawn/animated villians in my opinion. Death and destruction to a T.

totoro: haha yeah that part was so funny! :laughing:

Hmm, for funniest villain I’d say Hades from Hercules. His lines are really interesting and funny and also brings a sort of “real”, humorous layer to his character.

For scariest I’d say Frollo for his adult themes, epic song, and he’s so evil even though he says he’s a holy man. He’s a perfect example of how some people out there misuse religion as an excuse to do all sorts of horrible acts.

I also like Maleficent. She seems so calm at times and though is really evil and won’t give up, she is still reasonable and has a reason for her curse on Princess Aurora (though her revenge really is harsh- why take it out on the baby?).

Narissa is cool, too. She’s an interesting villain referenced off the Queen in Snow White, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, and Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Oh yeah, and there was a part in the climax of Enchanted that [spoil]her final scene was a mix of Maleficent’s form and Frollo’s death (you know, off a building). [/spoil].

Bowler Hat Guy (Meet the Robinsons) isn’t so evil- in fact, he’s perhaps the most immature villain in Disney! “I just want to ruin your life!” “Hmm, take responsibility for my life or blame you. Ding ding ding! Blame you wins hands down!” Yet I don’t really know why he refers to himself as a villain (“How many evil villains do you know that can pull off a name like Goob?”). :confused: I mean, from his perspective, he’s only trying to feel justified through revenge. Still, his immaturity and how he has a habit of not thinking his plan through the whole time makes it funny!

And who could forget Cruella de Vil? :smiley:

I look foward to seeing the newest Classic Disney villain in The Princess and the Frog, Dr. Facilier. He has that wicked creepiness in him, judging by the clips I’ve seen so far, and the idea of the shadows moving on their own is creepy brilliance. Looks like Disney’s still got it!

(As you can see, if you ask for my fave Disney villain, I would say it depends).

My big problem with McLeach in The Rescuers Down Under is the fact that whilst George C Scott is a truly great actor his voice talent is not right for the role. At the risk of being overly parochial Disney could have cast an Australian actor (I’m thinking Bill Hunter) and given the film some authenticity. Considering that Pixar could do it oh so right when it came to ‘Finding Nemo’ it’s a shame that Disney went with an American actor (a truly great one however).

Hmmmm. In no apparent order: Barbossa, Professor Ratigan, Hades, Judge Doom, The Headless Horseman, Tim Curry’s Long John Silver, Maleficent and Madam Mim.

Judge Claude Frollo, Goob(bowler hat guy), Sid, Syndrome, Hades, Malefecent, Gaston, and Commander Rourke(Atlantis: The Lost Empire).

I was a fan of Jafar from Aladdin myself.

He was creepy! :smiling_imp:

Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog. I love his song, and his dance moves remind me of Michael Jackson. :sunglasses:

Cruella, and Captain Hook

Mine is a little obvious. :slight_smile:

I agree Frollo is a good evil character. Im surrpried they talked about the Devil, sins, God, and sex in a kids movie.

My top 5 (in no certain order) are

Dr. Facilier
Frollo
Malificent
Yzma
Sher Khan

What is astounding about the Disney animated canon is it contains Hunchback of Notre Dame AND Emporer’s New Groove. Just astounding.

Anyway, either Dr. Faciller or Gaston. They’re both amazing.