Disney Themed Welcome Back to School!

This Friday, there was a usual back-to-school assembly. I thought it would be either something with a video about working hard, and a speech by the principal, and that’s it, but at least it’d take up class time. :unamused:

So, then we approached the entrance, and there was a banner with writing that looked familiar. At first, I thought I was thinking too much about Disney because it looked like Disney’s writing…

Then it struck me that it most definitely was Disney’s writing! When a painting of a lamp was next to it, I realized it HAD to be Disney. :open_mouth:

When we entered, there were Mickey Mouse hats by cheerleaders and I think members of teams all wearing Mickey Mouse hats.

First thing I spotted was a Mickey and Minnie painting on another banner. And Woody and Buzz. And all around the gym were paintings of Aladdin, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Ariel and Flounder, Donald Duck, Goofy, Mulan, Cinderella, Snow White… :astonished:

All of a sudden, I got so hyper on the inside. Like Rhino did when he met Bolt in person (except I didn’t run around exclaiming “Omigoshomigoshomigosh!”)

So something came up on the screen they showed us, and it looked like Disney 365. For a few seconds, I thought it was actually, for real, Disney 365. Then I realized it was acted by students when, well, it looked a bit rehearsed. :laughing:

The hosts were a guy in a Peter Pan costume and a girl in an Aurora costume.

It was the most fun back-to-school assembly I’ve ever been to. There were spoofs of Disney TV shows (the only problem was, I sat on the side that their backs were to), and the dance team danced to a speeded-up medley of Disney/Disneymania songs.
I recognized It’s a Small World (remixed), Under the Sea and Be Our Guest in there (I think some other bits were too speeded and short for me to tell).

And some cheerleaders (or were they dancers, too?) came up, dressed in rather goth color skirts. At first, I thought: Halloween?

Then Cruella de Vil by Selena Gomez came up. And again, speeded up, remixed versions (I know some of you might say that they should’ve stuck with originals, but you gotta admit, remixed are easier for them to dance to) of Poor Unfortunate Souls (not the one by Jonas Brothers…sounded like from Broadway remixed with fast beats) and some other villain songs.

They showed a video of P.E. and sports teams with the song of I’ll Make a Man Out of You (they didn’t get to the best part, the chorus, of the song, though). But I was soooo geeking out. I started mouthing the words I knew by heart. I don’t know if people stared at me or not.

And guess what? There’s going to be a game and a dance IN DISNEY COSTUMES! I’ve never been interested in spending money to go to a game or dance, but this is awesome so I’ll make an exception! :-D)

So why am I telling you this? Acts like the Genie
Reason number one! To share my excitement. :mrgreen:
Reason number two! I need to come up with a Disney character to go as. (I’ve narrowed it down to those with simpler dresses: Meg, Eilonwy, and Belle). I guess that’ll be hard for you guys to suggest since you don’t know how I look like (and I won’t post a picture up online for personal privacy reasons). But just suggest what you think would be easiest to copy. :sunglasses:
Reason number three! Well, to make you feel envious. ;-p

I am officially extremely jealous.

Oh my gosh. I was grinning ear to ear reading that. :smiley: I’m homeschooled, but if I went to a public school I would absolutely freak out and become obsessive if my school did that!

Meg’s dress might be good, another simple dress would be Snow White’s, which is actually relatively plain and probably not too hard to assemble. Still, lucky you bright dot-dasher! :smiley:

Oh my gosh, I am officially jealous of you. I can imagine having you a great time :slight_smile:
For a costume: maybe Belle’s blue dress. It looks quite simple.

You are so lucky. I wish my school was…fun… :smiley:

That sounds amazing! Your school put a lot of effort into all of this!

As for what to wear, I like both Meg and Belle’s dresses, but whichever you think suits you best as well.

Wow! This is so really perfect for you bright dot-dasher, being one of the biggest Disney fans I know.

I’ m very impressed by the creativity and effort your school put into this! It is so great when adults tap into the nostalgia of us kids’ childhoods.

I think Meg would be a really great costume. She has one one of the best Disney songs ever, and you don’t often see people dress as her.