Winnie the Pooh (2011)

I know its all old news by now, but Disney is planning on rebooting the Winnie the Pooh series with a new film come Spring 2011. It will feature the voices of Jim Cummings as Pooh and Tigger, Craig Ferguson as Owl and Tom Kenny as Rabbit.

The feature trailer was posted today on YouTube.

I probably won’t see it in theaters due to the pressures of being socially accepted as a teen male, but the trailer’s nice. The voice cast is good (Bud Luckey rules) and the animation is very faithful to the original. The worst thing I have to say about the trailer is the bland titles, but that’s obviously not representative of the movie. I’m glad Disney isn’t trying to put a modern/edgy spin on it (the song in the trailer is actually good). Looking forward to at least hearing about it.

As a huge animation fan in general, I on the other hand have no maturity and will most likely see it when it comes out. Plus, like Mickey Mouse and the rest of Disney, I never considered Pooh, or at least the original shorts, to be strictly for kids as opposed to families.

However, they certainly became that though through horrendous flanderization.

I’ll probably see it in theatres, too. :laughing:

I’m pretty much dying for this. Okay, that’s kind of a stretch, but I’ve been looking forward to it ever since it was announced some years back. That trailer was excellent. The art, animation, and voices are all so faithful to the originals, it makes me want to cry with joy (Jim Cummings is a bang-up replacement for Sterling Holloway! :slight_smile: ). Though, I must say, am I the only one a tad bothered by Christopher Robin’s eyes? Maybe because I’m used to the ‘dot-style’, but that’s just nitpicking. Looking excellent. Definitely seeing it in theatres. :smiley:

I loved that trailer. I’m not sure if it has more to do with the fact that this movie is hand drawn, or because I’m a fan of Keane. :smiley: I will go see the movie opening day.

Obviously a lot of people won’t see this due to the fact that it is, Winnie the Pooh, but it looks good. This film could be important.

I really hate how people are so judgmental about things before they even see it. I mean the original Winnie the Pooh certainly had elements that definitely weren’t kid friendly (like the complete acid trip with Heffalumps and Woozles). If Disney taught me anything, it’s that animation is not just for kids, so I don’t see why this film should be instantly equated a “kiddie flick”.

And even if it is, I still think it’ll be a great film.

Society is not the nicest to Disney, what with the whole subliminal messages thing, and the “kiddie” label. I, for one, will most definitely see this opening day. :slight_smile: The trailer made me even more excited than I was when I first saw the images release yesterday! Is it just me, or is Christopher Robin even more adorable than he was in the originals? <3

I’m miles beyond excited for this film.
My mom loves Winnie, so I was raised watching the movies, reading the books, and playing with the toys.
I love Winnie the Pooh and this movie will be awesome!

I definitely agree that this film could be important. It’s “back to the basics” for Disney’s animation deptartment, but without the musicals, which they seem to be having issues with (Princess and the Frog and what’s been reported of Tangled). This could be a good starting point. Plus, it’ll be interesting to see if they go back to the original books for inspiration. They seem to be pushing that with the trailer, but, from what I understand, the original Disney verision of Pooh strayed quite a bit from A. A. Milne’s stories.

I’m with you, theoutsider1983, the use of Keane just made that trailer for me. I was a pretty big Pooh fan, myself, when I was around 2 or 3, so I’m definitely going to have to see it. :smiley:

Disney seems to have jumped on the “here’s your childhood on a platter, now SOB HYSTERICALLY before you go to college” train. TS3 last summer, Pooh this summer… I’m going to be such an emotional train wreck by the time I head to higher education next fall, it’s not even funny.

Or perhaps they realized that those individuals who were their target audience 15 years ago have all grown up and have their own families now, so they’re creating films like this in order for us to share our childhood with the younger generation.

This movie looks really good! I am confused, though…the description says it is “the first big-screen Pooh adventure from Disney animation in more than 35 years.” Wasn’t there Pooh’s Heffalump Movie, The Tigger Movie, etc., that came out recently?

I’m very excited for this! I adored this trailer, but I’m not too crazy for the song.

I don’t recall them ever saying that, but perhaps they all suddenly got amnesia or something.

I think The Tigger Movie is one of the main reasons why on the flip side, I’m very skeptical and dubious about this film. Not because I hated it, but because I actually loved that reboot film so much that I’m afraid this new one might simply pale in comparison.

LOL, it says it in the description. :laughing:

I really am glad they are putting out this movie! Especially because I thought that it was just going to be CGI movies and shows now.

Christopher Robin’s voice is really getting to me. Also, I’m so nervous about hearing Tom Kenny as Rabbit. Rabbit is one of my all time favorite Disney characters, and I’m so in love with Ken Sansom’s portrayal that I can’t help but be bias and a little terrified. I’m looking forward to hearing Rabbit TALK. Hopefully we will soon, and I hope to like what I hear, too.

This is the first Pooh film from Walt Disney Animation Studios proper in 35 years. The Tigger Movie was done by DisneyToon Studios, the direct-to home-video arm of Disney. It only got a short theatrical run when it was released and does not count in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon.

You’re the only other person who I’ve met who is a big Rabbit fan. Most people I know don’t like him! I don’t know why, he’s my favorite Winnie the Pooh character. I see where your concern is about his new voice, I’m concerned, too. But at the same time, I’m a huge Tom Kenny fan. I think (hope) he’ll pull it off.

I think Tom Kenny’s great. I was also anticipating hearing him in that trailer, shame we didn’t…