General Disney thread

I thought it’d be nice if we just had a general place to discuss Disney. Decide to rewatch a Disney movie you haven’t seen in a while, post your thoughts, see something cool and Disney-related out and about and tell us about it, etc.

Great idea! I’ve loved Disney ever since before I was born, if that makes sense. My mother was and is the Ultra Disney fan, so I grew up with a lot of Disney around the house. I’m the more Pixar person in the family!

So, here’s some Disney basics for me! You guys should answer these questions too

1. Favorite “Classic” Disney (one before Walt died)
    For me it’s The Three Caballeros and The Jungle Book

2. Favorite Disney Princess and Princess movie?
    My favorite Princess is Rapunzel, and movie is Princess and the Frog

3. Have you ever been to any of the parks?
    Only Disneyland and California Adventure.

4. And the mother of all questions: Disney Cats, or Disney Dogs?
    Cats! You can’t go wrong with Simba and the Cheshire Cat!

Probably Lady and the Tramp. (Sadly, I’ve only seen about 4 of the movies that came out before he died.) :blush:
    I’d have to say Belle. And the movie would have to be Beauty and the Beast.
    Nope.
    Disney Dogs. :slight_smile: (Duh) I love 101 Dalmatians and Lady and the Tramp!

1. Favorite “Classic” Disney Movie:
Alice in Wonderland, it’s so different from the usual Disney formula, and I love all the characters, the animation, and how dark it gets at times.
2. Favorite Disney Princess and Princess Movie:
My favorite princess is Belle, mainly because of how well thought-out she is and believable her motives are; my favorite princess movie though is The Princess and the Frog.
Yes, I went to all of the Orlando parks at Disney World, and Disneyland Paris.
4. Disney cats or Disney dogs?
Cats all the way! Lucifer is very fascinating to watch, and the Cheshire Cat is definitely one of the coolest movie characters ever.

I’m also a big Disney fan i just love it! :slight_smile:
[b]

[/b]That’s The Lion King, it’s really dramatic and emotional but has also al lot of fun with timon and pumba :stuck_out_tongue:
    Aladdin, also one of my favorites and of course the music and songs in this movie are incredible (so as in The Lion King)
    Only to Disneyland Paris but in the future i want to go to America (Disney World)
    Hmm… Hard choice i go for Cats because The Lion King is my favorite!

I grew up with quite a few Disney films. I owned the VHS tapes of Lady and the Tramp and Fox and the Hound, as well as Pixar films like Toy Story and A Bug’s Life. Loved them all.

Sorry, but “classic” Disney movie meaning before Walt died, and by Aladdin do you mean Jasmine?

K9Girl: Oooo, Lady and the Tramp. That’s a great one! I think I know which is my favorite, and then I think of another one.

And don’t get me started on Disney songs! It’s impossible for me to choose a favorite, they’re all so great!

I feel the same about this and about the movies, too. Never ask me what Disney movie is my favorite because I just couldn’t decide and I’ve seen forty-eight of the fifty animated features (the only ones I haven’t seen yet are Fantasia 2000 and Tangled) :laughing:

But that one is from the Disney Renaissance. What’s your favorite film produced before Walt’s death?

Dumbo, or Pinocchio. Dumbo was a big inspiration and Pinocchio is so emotionally thrilling…

Snow White is my favorite, especially in terms of design. I would have to go with Sleeping Beauty for favorite princess movie.

Disneyland/Disneyland California Adventure, several times before.

Huh, that’s tough. I think I’ll go with dogs, it’s easier to choose from them. I love Bolt.

Sleeping Beauty or The Jungle Book.

Belle and Jasmine tied, and my favorite Princess movie is Beauty and the Beast.

No. :frowning:

Cats!!! <3

Can’t pick a song. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hrm. Bambi.

I collect a lot of Ariel stuff because her merchandise is always interesting to look at. Howeeever, I’m not sure who my favorite princess is. Aurora has a sweet design, but Belle has a better personality. And Mulan’s probably my favorite of all, but she’s not a “princess.” Favorite princess movie is Cinderella, with Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs coming in close afterwards.

Disney World several times, EuroDisney/Disneyland Paris, and (if it counts) Disney Quest in Chicago.

CATS. By a mile.

I have some of my own questions to contribute, if anyone’s interested in answering!

- Which of the Disney animated features have you not seen in the last 10 years?
I ask this because I was surprised to see how many people have not seen the majority of Disney films. It’s been a LONG time since I’ve seen some of their “package features” from the '40s (I never liked them to begin with, honestly), but everything else I’ve seen recently.

- What is your least favorite Disney animated feature? It must be one from their list of 50.
For me, it has to be… The Black Cauldron. I think. Oliver and Company is also way down there.

- How many Disney DVDs/Blu-Rays do you own? Do you have a lot of videos as well?
I own around 38 of their 50 animated features, and I have multiple copies of many of those (~30%?). To give you an idea of how silly I am with this stuff, I bought that huge red velvet case collector’s gift case for Snow White. And the Best Buy Blu-Ray steelbook exclusives when I already had the Blu-Ray to begin with.

- What are your favorite Disney songs?
“Baby Mine,” “Whole New World,” “Part of Your World,” “Under the Sea.”

- What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie? I s’pose this could include live-action features as well.
Probably Beauty and the Beast.

Hmm, well, let’s see. The Rescuers, but that’s okkay, that movie has always bothered me.

- What is your least favorite Disney animated feature? It must be one from their list of 50.
Black Cauldron, Rescuers, and the other Rescuers

- How many Disney DVDs/Blu-Rays do you own? Do you have a lot of videos as well?
idk, I don’t have too many. I use to have every single one on VHS, but my mother got rid of them

Don’t even ask this, there’s too many I like

- What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie? I s’pose this could include live-action features as well.
I love Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pocahontas.

None.

I’m not a fan of the 5 musical revue type films that came out in the 40s. Make that 4, because the only one I like/love is Three Caballeros which is fantastic.

I use to own 30 VHS. Now I own about 15 DVDs and am rebuilding my VHS collection, still a lot to go. Lots of stopping at garage sales.

In no order, When Will My Life Begin, Son of Man, Hakuna Matata, Endless Night, Out There, Almost There, I’ll Make A Man Out of You…

- What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie?
The Lion King and Hunchback. (And Ratatouille)

What’s “Endless Night” from?

New questions! Yay!

• Which of the Disney animated features have you not seen in the last 10 years? Let’s see… Maybe Cinderella and the Aristocats. I forget the others I watched when I was that little.

• What is your least favorite Disney animated feature? It must be one from their list of 50.
    Hmmmm…I have no idea. I’ll just say Snow White because I’ve only seen about 30 minutes of it and it was in the middle so I was a little bit confused.

• How many Disney DVDs/Blu-Rays do you own? Do you have a lot of videos as well?
    Let’s see… counts in head I have 0 DVDs, but I have 4 or 5 on VHS

• What are your favorite Disney songs?
    Oh, boy. I’ll say Be Our Guest is my favorite. There are too many for me to list though. :slight_smile:

• What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie? I s’pose this could include live-action features as well.
    Beauty and the Beast.

Which of the Disney animated features have you not seen in the last 10 years?
I’ve seen them all in the last 10 years. :stuck_out_tongue:

• What is your least favorite Disney animated feature? It must be one from their list of 50.
    …I’m going to get killed, but either The Little Mermaid or Bambi.

• How many Disney DVDs do you own? Do you have a lot of videos as well?
    Well, I personally own Hunchback, Hercules, and Atlantis. But every one except Snow White and Beauty and the Beast are in my house(but I have those 2 on DVR.)

• What are your favorite Disney songs?
    Oh lord…I can Go The Distance, Can you Feel the love tonight, Son of Man, You’ll be in my heart, Bells of Notre Dame, Reflection, I’ll Make a Man out of you, Beauty and the Beast, Won’t say I’m in love, Outcasts…okay, that’s enough. XD

• What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie?
    Mulan, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Beauty and the Beast, Pirates of the Carribean(sue me), Aladdin…yeah, I like most of them.

^ I would we sue you? When I dare to answer, I’ll choose PotC as well 8D

I really, really don’t like Bambi either. It’s so overrated.