Reboot Ralph

Didn’t find a topic dedicated to this upcoming film, thought maybe it would be useful to start one. Although the following link is primarily focused on Tangled, there’s some encouraging Glen Keane commentary at #5 about Reboot Ralph:

bleedingcool.com/2011/01/28/ … animation/

The idea of characters moving through different environments sounds intriguing!

The way I imagine it, it’ll be like the brilliant chase sequence through paintings in an art museum from the live-action/animation film ‘Looney Tunes Back in Action’.

Do you know anything about the plot of Reboot Ralph? I’ve never heard of this film before.

Here’s a general idea of it, tdit:

gamesradar.com/wii/disney-ep … 1119630063

“…if the original idea for Joe Jump is anything to go by, ‘Reboot Ralph’ will be an old has-been videogame character trying to worm his way into a new title.”

There’s been little if anything official on Reboot Ralph except the 2013 release projection, but Glen Keane’s comments have the air of authenticity.

If done right, this film could have a Toy Story feel to it. I am not a big video gamer (I only play Pokemon and Yugioh) but I’m excited for this film.

Glen said recently that it took John a while to realize that Disney wasn’t like Pixar, where Pixar is about, wouldn’t it be cool if, while Disney is about, once upon a time. Would Reboot Ralph fall into the Pixar, wouldn’t it be cool if?

A movie about video games? I think this could be interesting.

Sorry to bump this, but we got some info on this movie according to Comingsoon.net. The new title is supposed to be Wreck-It Ralph and will star John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, and Jane Lynch. Wreck-It Ralph will be directed by Rich Moore. Here is what the plot is going to be.

Wreck-It Ralph? Oh no…first Rapunzel became “Tangled,” then The Bear and the Bow became “Brave,” now this is no longer “Reboot Ralph.” Argggggggggh.

Now, this sounds like my kind of movie!

I’m actually really interested in this one, being a video game geek. Given Disney’s awesome track record with video games in the recent years, I think that they may be able to pull this off! I have a friend who’s really into 8-bit, so I’m sure she’d love to see this too. Plus, I think it might put some good commentary on how, these days, we all too often gravitate towards the “gritter, darker” heroes while forgetting how awesome the nice, lighter once can be.

I want to see a picture about the film, wonder know how the main character looks like

Yeah, I was thinking about how Ralph would look as well. Hopefully hes not a pixelated character like alot of video games in the 80’s were like.

Funny, because thats exactly the way I’m hoping he looks.

I’m worried that this might just be a bunch of generic video game jokes rather than any actual meaningful homages or references, but it’s still something we haven’t seen before and pretty different for Disney so I hope it turns out well.

don’t worry, John Lasseter is there!!

Disney wouldn’t make it if they didn’t have a solid idea and plot, but still… all I can envision is a really terrible Spy Kids 4-esque sort of thing. Hope they prove me wrong.

To be honest, I would like a whole lot of video game references…its the geek in me.

Hasn’t Disney learned yet that every time they try to make an animated film that has boys as the target audience, they fail?

The Black Cauldron is generally regarded as the worst Disney cel animated movie (sequels cannot be considered), with good reason. The book had a fanbase primarily consisting of teenage boys, and teenage boys did not want to go see a cartoon in theaters.

Treasure Planet, an obvious attempt to lure boys to Disney, was good enough, until they wrecked it with the closing sequence…and yes, it did terribly in the box office compared to other Disney films.

Dinosaur, another movie geared towards young males, since little boys tend to be fond of dinosaurs, is also in most people’s ten top worst Disney animated films. (I want to say top five, but I can’t be certain on that.)

Meet the Robinsons has time travel and a mad scientist…surely boys love it and it is a Disney masterpiece? Well, guess what, it isn’t.

Chicken Little…filled with toilet humor, great movie right? No, it isn’t. Yes, Toy Story 3 had some base humor too, but at least TS3 had a good plot and characters people cherish…Chicken Little had…Chicken Little.

Mars Needs Moms…can we say huge bomb? Boys may like Martians, but they didn’t like this movie.

Wrecck-It Ralph, while nice-sounding in theory, is another “we must make this because we don’t want to make movies for girls anymore,” the kind of mentality that has NEVER ended in a good Disney movie before. So why should it change now?

Hey, I LOVED Treasure Planet! Though I admit, Ben was a TERRIBLE idea. And hey, Bolt and The Emperor’s New Groove were pretty male-safe movies, and they were great. Just because its not about princesses or a musical doesn’t mean its only geared towards boys.

Are you not aware that Disney said the reason they were not making princess movies anymore is that they only audience they want for their movies are little boys? They say that little girls don’t watch their movies anymore, even the princess ones, so they want to focus on boys.

I suppose The Emperor’s New Groove counts, but Bolt has two main female characters, both of which real girls can identify with more than boys can identify with Bolt or the guinea pig.

Even Tangled’s name was changed and the initial trailer was modified so that it seemed like Rapunzel was a side character instead of the main one. These things were done so that boys would want to see the film, because Disney thought that “Rapunzel” as a title would turn them off.

And Disney thought way back when The Little Mermaid came out that boys wouldn’t like it because it was a “girl’s” movie, yet some of the biggest fans are boys.

All I’m saying is that if Disney’s focus is on attracting boys to the exclusion of girls, they will most likely do a bad job. When they make movies that supposedly only appeal to girls, they draw in boys. They need a better market management, because they still haven’t learned this after twenty years of thinking thus…