Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty is one of my most favorite movies ever. This is a place to talk all about the movie.

I love Sleeping Beauty!! I like it much better than Cinderella. I love I Know You, Mary Costa’s operatic singing voice(well, she was an opera singer lol) and the sword fight with the dragon Maleficent. Definitely one of my favorite Disney and Princess movies.

This is one of the Dinesy classic movies I saw the less in my childhood.

Maybe that’s what makes it one of the most interesting now.

So do you like it, Spirit?

This is the only Disney Princess movie I haven’t seen yet. :blush:
Don’t worry, though, I plan to watch it soon!

Yes, of course!

I thought you knew it! 8D

I love sleeping beauty. It was probably the first disney princess movie I watched. Excellent classic.

Out of the three fairies , who’s your favorite and why? My fav is Fauna probably because she is always kind of overlooked. I can see why, she’s just so sweet and quiet that no one really notices her.

Same here. I like how she’s quite and never argues with the other two.

I’ve been writing a story about the three fairies growing up on Fanpop and I kind of picture younger Fauna being kind of like Aurora.

I knew you found Aurora attractive, but that’s where it ends. 8D

gypsyofmagic: Mine is Merriweather, because she reminds me of my aunt. :slight_smile:

I actually prefer Sleeping Beauty to some newer, more popular Disney movies myself. I think it’s wonderful.

Haha. No! There’s much more to it than it seems.

I like everything about this movie. My favorite part is where Prince Philip slays Maleficent. :mrgreen:

As strange as it sounds when I met Aurora in Epcot I was speechless. She is my favorite princess after all.

Haha! I would love to meet all of the Princesses, especially Belle, Rapunzel, and Jasmine.

I wish Flora, Fauna and Merryweather could be my fairy godmothers. I mean why have one like Cinderella when you could have three. Also am I the only one that thinks that Fauna should have made the dress green because that’s the best color for it?

I don’t know if green would bee the best color, but it could have been a funny gag to end the confrontation.

If anyone is curious… not the best rendition, though, I should make my own.

I am now convinced it should be green, but I liked the pink over the blue.

I think I prefer the blue, but maybe it’s because she’s portrayed with the pink one in most of the merchandising while in the actual movie she mostly wears the blue.

I had been wanting to listen to the Platinum Edition commentary of this movie for some time because John Lasseter is in it (along with Andreas Deja and Leonard Maltin).