P. Sherman?

What is the dentist’s first name?

Haha P Sherman, Pisherman, Fisherman, Filipino accent, ahaha, anyone else notice that?

Haha, yes, this was alluded to in Finding Nemo’s Wikipedia page a couple of years back (a long, long time ago, actually). It’s not there anymore (someone took it out due to lack of sources), but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. After all, from what I’ve observed, a lot of Filipinos worked on Finding Nemo, so it’d be a fitting homage to their culture (if you want to consider an accent a part of one’s culture - I for one know it’s a recurring inside joke among Filipinos).

Ohh I checked Wikipedia just now and it says Phillip. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, and It also mentions his name being Philip in my Finding Nemo-The Essential Guide.

I believe I once had heard about that title being an actual book a few years back. Is it?

Yes it was. I think it’s in something called the Eyewitness series. It had a lot of interesting info from story tidbits to facts about the actual fish. I have a Cars one too. There’s probably one for every movie if you know where to find it.

Now I’m not really sure about this, but in my family it’s always been said that the P. stood for Paul, Paul Sherman(a member of our family). He was a diver from Rockport, Ma. where the creators come from. He was a famous diver in the area, publishing a few maps and books, and I’ve always been told this was a dedication to him.

Well from what I’ve heard in the movie he was named Phillip Sherman, BUT

in Finding Nemo the Musical in the song “We Swim Together”, one of the lyrics is:

“Pablo Sherman DDP”

So I really don’t know. Thats actually one of my favorite songs from the musical, but I don’t know about P. Sherman…

Maybe he has an evil twin! HAHAHA jk jk.

Also thats pretty funny how p. sherman sounds like fisherman! XD

:smiley:

I rather not know, as Pablo Sherman, Paul Sherman and the likes are not as catchy as just simply P. Sherman. IMO.

Pablo Sherman?! :laughing: Sounds very Australian to me!