Nemo as a teenager?

What do you think Nemo would be like as a teenager (there is another post on the toystory board with the topic “What kind of kid would Andy turn out to be?” so I decided to make one for nemo)

I think he would be sort of like Melody from the Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea, adventurous, bubbly, fun, rebelious, and brave.

I also think he’d be some what deffiant of Marlin’s future rules and maybe a little angsty…

I was thinking about this one day and that inspired my fanfic “The Little Clownfish” in which Nemo is 16.

What kind of kid do you think he would be?

I’m not sure…there’s lots of possibilities. I agree that his character will be kinda like Melody’s (after all, he was just as rebellious by touching the boat just like Melody went over- I mean under- the wall. Chances are that he’ll keep that quality as a teenager.)

I think since his father Marlin has lightened up a bit since Finding Nemo, he will have learned more about the open sea because he’s now allowed to go more places. I think he’ll go out and look for more adventures.

So, yeah, I’m basically agreeing with you here, HelloDolly114.

I can imagine him being a bit stroppy at times, even with Marlin being a bit more relaxed. I think he might end up as a ‘typical teenager’ but perhaps more chatty and bubbly than most. It’s difficult to tell, but yes, I definitely agree with you, [b]HelloDolly114[b] that he’ll probably be a bit rebellious and will want to go out there and see the world.

Notice that Pixar has (maybe unintentionally) left a lot of their kid characters at a pre-teen or younger age. If Pixar wants to do a Nemo II (heaven forbid that), well, there’s room. Would be exactly like the original Nemo, but Nemo is more rebellious (as for the reasons already mentioned by everyone else) and maybe a bit more dangerous (being grown up and all).

I honestly cant imagine what he’ll be like as a teen because I dont have much to go on. The Andy one we were kinda basing it off what we knew, because there was a description of the current state of his room and whatnot. I dont see Nemo becoming angsty or anything, unless he develops some kind of ‘mother issues’, since Nemo’s thoughts on what happened were never addressed in the movie, although he seemed to be okay with it by then.

You know, saying Nemo might turn out like Marlin makes me wonder what Marlin was like as a teenager. Or even a kid. Probably was tough, considering he had hundreds of siblings to compete with for attention.

But I digress.

I can’t really imagine what Nemo be like either. He’s already somewhat rebellious and brave…my guess is he’d be more independent. He can’t cling to Daddy’s tail fin forever, despite how much as Marlin hopes he will. My hope is he’ll build on what he already has, and not squeal “DADDY!” quite so much. That wouldn’t be cool, 'specially not in front of the ladies :wink:

I think he’d be the kind of guy that gets lost in the halls.

By the way - I just wrote a song about “Finding Nemo 2” and put it up on YouTube.
You can watch it here: youtube.com/watch?v=MmBLR541yoc
Let me know what you think! And if you like it, please send Ellen an email here: ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10
and ask her to watch the video!

The first thing I thought when I saw this thread (unfortuetly) is 'Finding Emo". It’s a picture of Nemo with emo hair. I’m sad to say that’s the first thing I thought.

I think I seen that picture. He woulden’t hang out with his dad as much.

personally, I imagine him to be a little like a Belle or Ariel type, someone who strives for more in his life.

I can see that too!