Thomas Newman's Score

Agkk, I’m listening to this now, and I could say the same about Wall-E’s score too, but this guy is a genius! It fit’s so nicely and purposefully with the film.

Am I the only one who’s in tears during the Nemo Egg piece at the start? :neutral_face:

Thomas Newman is my 2nd favorite Pixar composer. I absolutely love his score for Finding Nemo. :slight_smile: I can play a bit of Nemo Egg on both violin and piano.
And you’re not really alone, I teared up listening to it a couple of times. :wink:

What I love about the Nemo score is how it’s just very organically woven throughout the film. Even though I prefer Giachinno overall, his themes tend to beat you over the head with how repetitive they are.

Nemo’s Egg is a masterpiece,I agree this guy is an absolutely genious

I have this song on my iPod!

I agree Thomas Newman is awesome, I hope he does the score for Stanton’s next movie.

that would be awesome if the duo Stanton-Newman comes back, but it won’t happen, Andrew Stanton’s next project John Carter of Mars will be scored by the genious Michael Giacchino

Thomas Newman is the unluckiest composer alive. He’s had 10 Oscar nominations and not won a single one. I love his scores to Revolutionary Road and American Beauty aswell.

My favorite theme is “Nemo Egg”. Although I don’t fall over dead for this movie, the score is in my top 5. <3 It’s incredible. :smiley:

What I love best about Nemo’s score is how it perfectly matched the feeling of the ocean. When you listen to Thomas Newman’s WALL-E score, he captures the grandiose feeling of outer space in a similar way. It’s really remarkable.

I totally agree, his talent is amazing.

Yeah, but any of Stanton’s future films could be scored by Thomas Newman :slight_smile:

I have a feeling Thomas Newman will score Brave. Just a feeling.

I don’t remember where, but I read or heard that Randy Newman is the one who is scoring Brave, don’t ask me for a link because I don’t have it, but I read that information somewhere a long time ago??? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

There have been rumors that it’d be Thomas, Randy, and even Bono. So we have no clue, until there’s an official statement! Remember, the score is one of the last things to be completed in an animated movie, we have some time till you have concrete evidence!

Actually, last time I checked Thomas Newman was scoring the movie (again, might be wrong) but Bono was making a few original songs for the film. I’m not sure you’d call me a U2 fan, but that actually sounds pretty neat.

Bono did visit Pixar a few months ago. It wasn’t released to the public if he was there on a visit or there for an offer to score or write songs for Brave. Can’t wait to find out!