The name 'Bruce'

Today i discovered that during the filming of ‘Jaws,’ the mechanical shark they used was known as ‘Bruce,’ named after Steven Spielberg’s lawyer at the time. So I’m thinking thsi is where they got the name! Any thoughts?

That’s right! Just another little tiny thing that makes up the details which makes Pixar movies so magical x)

Thanks for the reminder, mayfly! Nearly forgot about that little piece of trivia.

I love Jaws! And so does my dad, we got a DVD of it for him and he watches it when ever he gets the chance! And he has told me that but i’ve never put it together! Thats so cool!

P.S. My one friend thought they used a real shark for jaws! 8D

Im guessing it is. T guess their fans of Jaws.

John Lasseter and the rest of the Pixar guys are so damn smart! And freakishly clever too! Who could manage to pull off a movie about a rat who likes to cook-- and ended up doing it with a unique flair?

I have no idea. My cousins and I were talking about how he got the inspiration for cars. A family road trip :exclamation:

Really? Nice. Guess you can draw inspiration from everything around you. What was the inspiration for Finding Nemo though?

I don’t know? 8D

I don’t know 8D

I heard this factoid before, and I think it’s a nice nod to Jaws.

Never knew that before. Interesting bit of information.

I always thought he was called Bruce because it’s a very very Australian name.
Here’s something I bet hardly any of you knew, he was voiced by a man who built a career around dressing up as a woman and doing comedy.

Yes, Dame Edna Everage. I knew that one!

He’s also appearing in The Hobbit films.

Also, I’m a big Jaws fan, so I laughed a lot when Bruce said his name 8D

GO JAWS
Brody: On the water?
Hooper: Well, if we’re looking for a shark we’re not gonna find him on the land.

I never knew that! But that’s super cool, I like drag comidies. Like Kinky Boots and The Birdcage.

That picture didnt even look like it was a man… creepy 8D

That’s really cool, Draik! Now I’m interested in seeing something with Dame Edna in it. 8D

And yes, I figured the Jaws thing when I saw a 2-hour making of Jaws special.

LOL!! Like, DUH, Brody. I went on the Jaws ride in Universal. Kinda boring, but me (and my gay uncle) were gushing at the cute boat captain. :smiley:

You think the pixar dudes also knew about dame edna? I mean, the one in The Incredibles doesn’t actually look like a girl either.

I agree, she is very ugly. And is voiced by a man. Hmmmm o_0

just cause she’s ugly doesn’t mean she’s not a girl…