Sequel? :) or :(

should they make a sequel for FN?

• yup :slight_smile:
  • Nope :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Never seen it, can’t tell

0 voters

I think they should make a sequel cuz

i’d be cool to see what happends after the movie, ya know like what happened to Gill’s gang or such.

I don’t think there is a need for a sequel . It’s not like Marlin’s gonna loose Nemo again . I would just

say it’s bad parenting ( sorry marlin ) .

There’s no sort

of hanging storyline, and the original was completed so well, it would spoil it to have a sequel, I think.

Nah, I think Nemo is a great film by itself. I don’t think it needs a sequel.

I don’t mean to disappoint anyone, but here it goes…

I think there

is a reason why Pixar simply puts the words The End at the end of most of their

films – the plot has ended. All we need to know is what happened at the precise moment in time when the film has

finished rolling out its last scene. And if one wishes to know what ever happened beyond that blackness, they can

leave that up to their imagination…

Of course, gaps have been left in some Pixar features, so that it

may be almost impossible to finish the real story without a successor, so to speak. This is where the sequels

come in (Toy Story 2, soon-to-be Toy Story 3, and

possibly an Incredibles 2). Other than that, who needs sequels? :wink:

Phew. I

kind of sounded a little harsh there. :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

Besides, what would the plot be? Nemo can’t get lost

again. Then they would be telling the story all over again.

Most? Only A Bug’s Life and

Finding Nemo. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, Finding Nemo is the one Pixar film that definately doesn’t need a

sequel. Everything is wrapped up so neatly, so that you feel distinctly satisfied when it ends. To dig that up

would wreck that feeling.

And as we all know, no matter how many fans that may want

a sequel, they’re definitely not going to make it anyway. Pixar employees stated that themselves.

Oh wow – heh, I sure slipped up on that one! Sorry about that. I could have sworn

they put “The End” at the end of some of their other films. But, looking back, I see that I was wrong.

:blush:

What I really meant was that Pixar tends to end some of their films once and for all

(A Bug’s Life, Finding Nemo, [i]Monsters

Inc.[/i], etc.). At least, they prefer to do so for various reasons. Frankly, I agree with them.

And yes, what would the plot be if a [i]Finding Nemo

2[/i] was created? Dory gets lost, perhaps. That would certainly make plenty of sense… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey , I was gonna say that ! They’d

have to change the name to Finding Dory though .

I dont think there really needs to be one. Cuz what exactly would the story of

that be anyway?

gottalovepixar - Haha – yeah, Finding Dory! I was

gonna say that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Plot: Dory sets out on an epic adventure to find her

lost family that she had almost completely forgotten about, but gets lost herself in the process. Now, it is up

to Nemo, Marlin, and the rest of the gang to find her before it is too late!

I can just see the ads for

this now… :stuck_out_tongue:

lennonluvr9 - Yeah, that’s what we’re trying to figure

out. There is, essentially, no need for a second “Nemo” film, as the

ending of the first one pretty much finishes the plot.

And a ‘Finding Dory’ style

film would have the critics going on about how ‘all Pixar films have the same concept’ (which they don’t) and

how they’re just doing what every other film company is doing. It’s a nice idea, Dory discovering her long-lost

family and finding out what happened to them, but I think that Pixar would get such bad press from doing a film

that follows the original so closely. And since every Pixar film really is a labour of love, they wanna know that

they’re spending their time in the most wise manner possible, instead of making sequels that might not do very

well compared to a new, original film.

lizardgirl - Exactly. You know I was just kidding, right? :wink:

I think that

the only sequel that would be “safe” for Pixar to do would be an [i]The Incredibles

2[/i]. Toy Story 3, on the other hand, sounds like a little too much for

my taste. I trust Pixar on this one, since they are the geniuses of story-telling, but a second sequel is a

little over-the-top for me. Still, you can bet that I will see the thing, none-the-less, being the Pixar

“geek” that I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

But still, just because they said “THE END”, doesn’t mean it is over.

Mitch- Of course. :smiley:

I believe that along with The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc. is one of Pixar’s films that didn’t end as

definitely as some of the others. Therefore, a sequel is feasible- but whether or not it is actually a good idea

is entirely another matter.

With Toy Story 3…Well, I guess they’re just using the same characters

again and again because they have faith in them. I know some would argue otherwise, but IMO, Toy Story had the

best cast of characters in any Pixar film to date. Every character had a memorable shtick, and yet at the same

time, every character was very real and incredibly watchable. I believe that Pixar hasn’t managed to create such

a brilliant cast of characters since Toy Story and Toy Story 2, and with the success of Toy Story 2, they’re

hoping that the success of the original can stretch to a trilogy.

But, back on topic, ( :laughing: ) Finding

Nemo has an ending. There’s no cliffhangers whatsoever, and although new scenarios could be thought up, it would

just probably spoil the original.

I think they could add a little short of Nemo’s “normal” fish life.

lizardgirl - I completely agree…

[i]Monsters

Inc.[/i] had a rather…interesting ending. You know that Boo becomes reunited with Sulley and that

the Monsters Inc. corporation itself is transformed into a booming industry.

However, what ever really happened to Randall? I know that a few of us have some ideas, but other than

that…there could possibly be an extra door open for a Monsters Inc. 2:wink:

The Toy Story films, on other hand, had a wonderful cast of characters, as

you mentioned. The audience fell in love with them from the start, and they quickly became an extremely popular

franchise. The fact that the film and characters themselves are so widely known than any other Pixar

production/creation altogether gives way to a number of sequels. However, I still hope that [i]Toy

Story 3[/i] will be the last Toy Story sequel Pixar makes. As a matter of

fact, I don’t think that Pixar wanted to do a third Toy Story the first place;

Disney just messed it up so much that Pixar agreed to continue (and fix) the project only if they were allowed to

do it. And there you have it: Toy Story 3.

And, by the way, there actually

is a cliffhanger to Finding Nemo: How the heck did Gill

and the gang escape from those plastic containers? :stuck_out_tongue:

The Star Swordsman - I

heard a rumor about a Finding Nemo television series. Perhaps your prediction will

come true…? :wink:

I am not sure about a

Nemo series. I would perfer a short, but intresting rumor.

The Star Swordsman - I would prefer a short too, but that’s the way it goes.

Although, I do hope that that rumor holds true. :stuck_out_tongue: