E-mail from Lloyd Sherr

To those of you not in the know, Sherr was the recast for Fillmore in Cars 2. I sent him an e-mail asking him about his experiences making the film; here is his reply.

"Hey Brian,
I got the gig originally from an audition for the original Cars video game which was produced just after George Carlin died. It was a soundalike audition so I guess I sounded the most like him on that particular day. We’re essentially in the same vocal zone so it wasn’t that big a stretch. I wouldn’t call it daunting, but definitely an honor since I’ve been a fan of his since my early teens. And they treated me very well at Pixar. Picked me up in a limo and flew me up to the studio, gave me the tour, introduced me around, fed me lunch and gave me another character in the film. Then flew me back to L.A. and limoed me back home. Fun day. "

Congratulations! It’s so cool you got a letter from him! I think Lloyd Sherr did a great job as Fillmore. And that’s right, I think he voiced Fillmore in the video game Cars: Race-O-Rama before that, I think? And that sure sounds like Pixar all right.