Luigi and Fillmore look-alikes

Here’ my latest Tumblr post

I’m not accusing Pixar of ripping off or anything, just that they look really similar. I’m pretty sure it’s just a major coincidence. It’s all just for fun. (Though if Pixar did have some inspiration, that’d be cool too)

Besides, there are several differences between them. We don’t know if Mr. Baldini from Putt-Putt is a Fiat or based on one. He also does not have a blue pit-stop car as a best buddy, and instead runs a grocery store rather than a tire shop.

Sunshine, the hippie van, while she (yes, it’s a female) does resemble a VW bus, she does not have all the designs Fillmore has (only a flower where the VW logo should be), she just has a plain brown hut where she sells free stuff instead of a tie-dye garage (she actually says, “All the free stuff on the free table is free…”) and does not have a military Jeep for a neighbor. Also, Fillmore is male and doesn’t wear glasses. I have not conversed with her enough in Putt-Putt: Pep’s Birthday Surprise, to know if she mentions organic fuel, but I’ll see when I continue the game.

But, let’s see what the Cars fans think about this. Again, I’m not trying to accuse Pixar of anything, this is all just good, clean fun. It could make for some interesting crossover fan-art and headcanons. I’m totally calling dibs on the “Sunshine is Fillmore’s cousin” headcanon!