Ive learned to never judge a movie by it's cover

I use to always think that Cars was the most dumbest movie in the world. But once I was bored in my room once, and I was seeing what was on on HBO, Showtime, etc. I saw Cars. So I watched it. And it was like the best movie ever! Within that 1 week, I watched it about 5 times. Then after that week, I went with my mom to Target and I bought it on DVD and watched it about 5 more times! I love the part when their at Radiator Springs and then it’s night time and they have all the neon lights. It looks so cool!

See…CARS is not bad you should tell some people,I wish people would take a chance and stop being so darn critical :imp: !Man,I used to not like Colette that much. but now I like her just as much as I love Sally :sunglasses: .

and thats saying something from you.

yeah. i remember there was this obnoxious girl on my bus (actually an ex- good friend, long story) and somehow it came into the conversation. this was soon after it came out, and i kinda wanted to see it. but i had just started hanging with the “cool kids” on my bus, so i was a little self-conscious. anywho, the girl said “well, i guess if you are seven or eight you would like it” after that, i was really resisting to seeing it and after i saw it i didn’t tell anyone. later, i got less conscious and didn’t care quite as much, but i really didn’t care when i heard a popular boy call it “the best movie ever” the next year.

im done, you can wake up now. :unamused: [/i]

PIXAR films always are better than they look. First lesson I learned about the company. Only I thought Nemo looked kinda dumb.

Even us supposedly mature grown ups like the movie. And I don’t care what people think. I carry a Cars backpack to work.

lol :laughing:

DHR: You rock. :sunglasses:
RR: Yeah, man! XD

So a Cars convert ay? Awesome! It’s hard not to catch the Cars bug. Sounds like what happened to me! Not the part about thinking Cars was dumb, I never thought that, but the part about not being able to stop watching it! :smiley: Glad you changed yer mind about it!

Whenever I see a Pixar trailer, I always underestimate the movie. I think, “Hm, that looks ok. I’ll probably see it.” Then I see it and i"m like WOW! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! That’s why I love PIxar!! :wink:

I thought The Incredibles looked stupid. How wrong I was.

Though I have to admit that Cars might have actually been the first time when I’ve thought that it doesn’t look brilliant, and I was sort of right…It was better than I expected to a certain extent, but not by much. Meh, if I absolutely adored every single Pixar film then I’d be really surprised. Everyone’s got their favourite Pixar films and their least favourite ones, and Cars just doesn’t do it for me.

Not to say it’s not better than 90% of other films out there. :laughing:

Oh man, I definitely have to agree.

I saw Cars for the first time in a hotel room, and thought it was mediocre. However, this past weekend I saw it again, and I have to say, it’s a brilliant film!

It’s amazing how Pixar films always seem to be better the second time you see it, or seeing for the first time after years of neglect.

Second that, to be honest when I first caught the teaser in the cinema, it seemed like it was a step backward from the Incredibles because of all their recent advancement on the technical side of animation. But luckily enough after Cars came out, Tia Kratter(Art Director for Cars) came into Melbourne for a holiday/seminar and so she presented this elaborate presentation on the production and details in Cars(honestly if I didn’t hear about them, I wouldn’t have noticed them in the film!) Truly inspiring! :smiley:

that is so true! Sometimes, when I see a movie 2 or 3 times in a row, i get worried I won’t like it that much anymore. Then it comes out on DVD, I watch it and it’s still awesome! I love Pixar!

welcome to Pixar Planet ilikepinatas :slight_smile:

Yay! More people for the “Cars really aint so bad” club. Which I just made up now. But that has happened with other movies for me too. I liked the Incredibles much better the 2nd time around.

Yep, me too.
For me, it happens with “WALL-E”

As for Cars, You’ll really enjoy the movie itself especially if you can relate yourself to the World of Racing especially Formula One and Nascar.

I really love the jokes and gags of Guido and Luigi in the movie.

“Luigi only follows the Ferraris” and also, Guido is so cute!

Oh man, this thread is about me!
One of my buddies told that Pixar make confusing promos, and if the person doesn’t know the brand, after watching the trailer he wouldn’t want to watch the movie itself. WALL-E also had awful promos - I thought it would be dumb. That’s why I watched the movie four months after it was presented.
But I had already seen Ratatouille and I knew Pixar was great. I loved the movie WALL-E, and now I decided to watch everything Pixar.
I estimated Cars to be very childish. That is because of promos. But darn, it is one of my favorite Pixar movies! It stands besides Ratatouille in my rank list. I have watched it two times this week (and many many times - only particular episodes) and I showed the movie to my grandparents. They also liked it.
Although, my friend didn’t like it. He told it was too childish and idea-less :frowning:

BTW: Yay for Guido! :smiley:

Since we’re all doing cars confessions around a lovely little campfire, I may as well chime in for a few minutes.

I can remember seeing the trailer for this one, and i must admit…my head reared back a little. I suddenly didn’t feel the need to see it quite as much as i felt with the other pixar movies. I thought it was going to be like A bug’s life…which i count as the only real disappointment from pixar so far. Still it’s better than most CG movies

Anywho…

Boxing day came around, and i was looking to get away from the family for a little while (Makes me sound horrible) and i saw Cars on the disney channel, so i thought i may as well give it a go. I was never against watching the film, i just wasn’t too fussed about going to see it in the cinema.

Quite foolish of me because i very much liked the film! Admittedly it’s not the best movie from pixar, but it’s certainly underrated. And as time goes by it appears to become a bit more relevant to our times. Not to mention stressing the importance of small businesses in an otherwise fast moving world.

As time goes by it does appear to be growing on me even more. I think it’s definitely a movie that deserves multiple viewings as well as an open mind.

The second i saw the trailer for Cars i new it was going to be gold. I’ve never doubted Pixar once, and they have never let me down. :slight_smile:

Im excited for Cars 2.

I wonder what the story line will be?