The Song Route 66

Just how many versions are there of this song?

Something I wonder: The song Route 66 from Cars was remixed by the Cheetah Girls. So why isn’t it in a DisneyMania album? DisneyMania features songs from Disney films remade by Disney Channel stars. Shouldn’t this song be in there too?

(uhhh) do u REALLY like THE CHEETAH GIRLS?

who likes them? honestly?

That’s not the point. What I’m asking is why isn’t this on the CD if it’s a remix?

TS2:Dude what’s your problem? :confused: And I like them!

Bdd:Yeah that’s a good question,I wonder why it wasn’t on the dvd also?

ahem

Personally I’m not a big fan of the song or the Cheetah Girls remix. But that’s just me :neutral_face: A bit too plain for me…

I don’t like 'em but I’m not going to hate on them since there are younger kids here who are into that sort of thing.

Route 66 has been remade at least four times now … and I only like the John Mayer one. :smiley: Bouncy!

As for the Cheetah Girls remix not being on the CD - I wouldn’t fret about it much, seeing as Disney’ll probably put it out on the CD whether or not it’s popular. :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, now Pixelated is the funniest guy on these forums.

And I’m sorry, but other than the classics and “Enchanted” I don’t like Disney all that much. I’ll try 2 be less outspoken from now on

(tee hee… i’m not going to be less outspoken.)

Yes i am NO I’M NOT yes i am NO I’M NOT

No really yes i am.

Not to be too picky, but that song has been covered far more then four times. Hearing it spoken about as “the Route 66 song from Cars” is a lil’ disheartening.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Route_66_%28song%29

Fett101: Heh, sorry about that - should’ve put ‘as much as I know’. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve only heard 4 remakes. :stuck_out_tongue: So sorry about that.

Pixelated: HAHA!!! You’re hilarious! :laughing: I nearly spit my water out when I saw that. :laugh:

Yay! I have followers.

Anyways, I just listened to the Stones’ version of Route 66, and it was a lot better than any version I had heard. I have new faith in the song :slight_smile:

(And A113, your avatar reeks of awesomeness… I must go to the Favorite Avatar thread…)

Since we are talking about the route 66 song, I have to say my favorite version has to be the John Meyer version at the end of the Cars Movie.

my favorite will always be Chuck Berry’s original version.

Hmmm, Never heard that version before. I have only heard two versions. One of them was an old version sung by a female singer (don’t remember the name) and the other was John Meyer.

the old version was probably have been Chuck Berry’s. it’s on the Cars soundtrack and in the film as well.

No TS2. The one I am talking about was the Natalie Cole version of it.

oh! okay! thanks for correcting me! (sarcasm)

I wasn’t correcting you.l I just remembered that the second version I heard, next to John Meyer’s version ever in my life was the Natilie Cole version. In a previous post before, I did say it was a female singer.

Wow, I never knew there were this many versions!

I always thought there was 2. I never heard of the Chuck Berry version of it before. I am also sure there are more versions out there.