George Carlin dies at 71

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080623/us_nm/carlin_dc

Known to us as lovable hippie van Fillmore, George Carlin was also known for his edgy, anti-establishment comedy and to kids of my generation for his turn as Mr. Conductor on “Shining Time Station”.

Oh boy, that is just really sad to hear. He played one of the more loveable characters in Cars too. May he rest in peace!

R.I.P. George Carlin. A great comedian. I wish I didn’t have to wake up to news like this… :frowning:

Aww, yeah, I just heard about this on AOL- my brother will be so depressed - he’s a fan and an aspiring comedian. I’ll hate to have to break this to him.

I remember him for his stand-up as well as his appearance in Dogma. :laughing: I used to watch that growing up in my teens (censored version on TV, mind you :wink:) and his little cameo was great. :sunglasses: Also, his bit in Scary Movie 3 was hysterical. :laughing:

Wonder how they’ll go through with Cars without him - checked his filmography on IMDB and according to that, he hasn’t voiced for Cars 2. =( I love Fillmore, and now Fillmore will never be the same without him! =(

This is really sad news. One of our greatest comedians and philosophers even has left us tragically. I’d love to quote some of his stuff but he was never quite appropriate for these boards.

RIP George :frowning:

I will be praying for his family.

Hopefully, the voices for Cars 2 are complete by now. It just won’t be the same without Mr. Carlin.

[size=84]BTW, sorry 'bout that off-topic stuff, guys! :smiley: [/size]

You’ll probably find that Cars 2 hasn’t been recorded yet.

And before they do, you might have to wonder who can replace Mr. Carlin as Filmore, cause there will never be a repacement for him. He will always be the perfect Filmore.

Oh no, I didn’t hear about this before. :cry: That’s really sad…