Doc Hollywood

Hello,

Many people think that the story of Cars is inspired by Doc Hollywood, a 1991 movie starring Michael J. Fox.
I haven’t seen this movie (and actually don’t really want to :laughing: ), but the plot does remind Cars.
What do you think about this ?
And do you know if the question has been asked to John Lasseter, or someone else in Pixar ? I haven’t found anything on the web.

Note that I’m not asking this in a negative way, I’m a big fan of Cars…
And I’m French, so I’m sorry for my English… :cry:

Very interesting, Bayonne (welcome to Pixar Planet! :smiley: ) I looked up the summary on IMdB, and you’re right; it does sound very familiar. However, Pixar’s known for their originality, so they wouldn’t have copied this film. But they do seem a bit similar. :wink:

I never heard of Doc Hollywood before, but I am sure Pixar didn’t get Doc from it.

Welcome to PIxar Planet as well Bayonne.

I’ve never heard of that either. Oh yeah, welcome
I remember my first day ( Two days ago). :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen the movie, but I have heard that it reminds some people a little bit of Doc Hollywood. From what I remember reading about the plot, I think the main character lives a fast paced life and gets stuck in a small town where he learns to slow down. Or maybe not, I dont remember, but i know getting stuck in a small town is there. :slight_smile:

I saw Doc Hollywood before seeing Cars, and I must say during the movie Cars I never once even thought about Doc Hollywood. The theme of someone from a big city getting stuck in a small town and learning to live a more peaceful quiet life isn’t exactly unique to either Cars or Doc Hollywood for that matter, there are plenty of other stories, books, and movies like that.