Human theory

Perhaps this was after all the humans left for the reasons said in Wall-e? It could be cool if they’d all connect to each other! Although a bit sad for the fate of bugs, laughless montsers and fish… Hmmm

Do you mean you’re trying to say that all the Pixar movies happen in the same world?

yes

Oh, actually I had that theory once, as if it was a big timeline. But I don’t think that’s the case. The cameos are just for references, some don’t make sense. Like a Nemo toy was in Monsters, Inc., the Incredibles was a manga a boy was reading in Finding Nemo, and Cars takes place in an alternate world. But WALL-E shows a bad fate for the other Pixar movies’ characters, so I can see they aren’t connected.

What would you suggest, then, that the fish bugs and superheores lived forever? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just think that each story is different, but with cameos.

Welll, technically, Finding Nemo, Bugs Life, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Ratatouille and WALL-E could happen in the same world because all of these stories took place in the real world, and were based on elements of the world (fish, toys) that we don’t consider “alive”.

However Cars cannot because it takes place in a different world where humans are replaced with cars. So it doesn’t fit seamlessly into the same world as the others.

This is one of the things I didn’t like about cars.

This is why I suggested this idea: After humans left earth, for a few centuries Cars were alive, as the plants were dying.

There would be traces of human life left, but in Cars it is pretty clear that this is an alternative cars-only universe.

theowne-love your Seiji & Shizuku avatar!

i always felt this would be ripe for a Robot Chicken skit. Aka do ‘Cars meets the movie Maximum Overdrive.’ Have a strange comet cause the vehicles and all come to life- and then ‘wham!’