'Jazz Comes To Town' marketing campaign

Wow, this is my first thread in the Cars forum! Whoopee!
Ahem Anyway, I saw this TV ad the other day advertising the new Honda Jazz. If you’ve seen the earlier Thomas The Tank Engine-inspired commercial, you can guess where I’m going here.
The ads for the new 08 model featured the Jazz as you guessed it, a talking car, but with the eyes at the headlamps instead of the windscreen. The storyline is kind of a sequel to the first ad, the Jazz is now a famous actress and she is starring in a new movie where her character goes to London (hence the title) and meets a hatchback with an Aston Martin logo, a London cab, and a double-decker bus among many other vehicles. They interestingly also have living London Eye capsules and a motorbike in that universe. Basically, the ad is the movie itself.
Anyway, check out the animated TV ad and the casting reel. There’s also a neat magazine on the official site which has lots of car puns and ideas for any Cars fanfiction writers (just read the first and last few pages). I’ve also seen bus stop posters with the secondary characters, but the Jazz itself is a real model in the poster. Is this only specific to Oz, or is it aired in other countries? Pretty high production values, I’d love to see a TV show or a full-length film made out of this. What do you think of this Cars-inspired ad campaign?
:smiley:

Sounds funny…

Oh yeah, the English love their stop-motion kids’ TV shows… On Family Guy they did a reference to that commercial, I believe, where the car gets a paint job so the male car thinks his friend is female. :smiley: I’m interested to know if this aired in UK, too, and what they think of a parody of those TV shows.

Haha, that’s such a sweet ad! I haven’t seen this on TV, but it reminds me so much of Postman Pat and that sort of thing from the '80s and '90s. ‘Surgery!’ :laughing: They’ve got really boggly eyes as humanized cars go.

Thanks for the link, thedriveintheatre!