Cars 2 in 2011 (Yes, that year is right...)

While this isn’t 100% verified, IGN.com just posted an article saying that Cars 2’s release date has just been bumped up to a 2011 release, rather than 2012. Nowhere is it said how this change will effect the two Pixar films already releasing in 2011 (Newt and The Bear and the Bow).

You can read the article here.

Cars 2’s move from the Summer of 2012 to the Summer of 2011 was confirmed today at the Walt Disney Studios showcase by John Lasseter.
Link: moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/09/24/pi … ilson-mia/
I am wondering how it will affect Newt and The Bear and the Bow, here are 3 possible scenarios:

1. Three Pixar movies in one year, this means two sequels back to back.
  2. Newt getting pushed to the Summer of 2012 or Winter of 2010 (Note: Newt has no cast listed yet, so the former is more likely).
  3. Newt becomes a winter 2011 release, and The Bear and the Bow becomes a Summer 2012 release, very unlikely.

3 Pixar films in a year? Wow! I’m glad it’s coming a little earlier though.

newt can’t be released winter 2010, can it? Not with Rapunzel scheduled for release then… Unless of course they move it.

Seems like a very weird move. Isn’t the Cars attraction in Disneyland opening in summer 2012? I thought Cars 2 would be perfect then.

3 Pixar movies in one year seems a bit much…

sigh… I was waiting for Newt, and now it will be delayed…
two sequels in a row… this is not good…

but Cars Toons are VERY good :slight_smile:

I think, and remember I said think, they’ll move Newt to Winter 2010, because then Disney’ll have a more adult film to counteract Rapunzel and probably make them more money, considering people will already love PIXAR that year for having the guts to release TS3. We’ll just have to wait and see what comes up on the web, or wait for whatever trailer they’ll attatch to TS3. It’s very hard to tell at this point. Very hard to tell. So I wouldn’t make any drastic assumptions just yet.

Rapunzel isn’t made by PIXAR, so they won’t have to worry about the scheduling of it.

And how does 3 PIXARs in a year seem too much? That’s like saying ‘Aw, man. It stinks that we’re out of school for the summer!’ In fact, technically, we’ll have 4 PIXAR theatrical releases that year, if they do Newt that year. With the two previous Toy Stories being re-released that same year. But this is really kinda cool! It’s the first big PIXAR news where we can sit and speculate for hours on end since January 2006!

Should start saving now for movie tickets. That or get a part time job at a theater before hand.

Yeah but they’re both Disney and I don’t think Disney Pictures would be to happy if they’re both released in the same season.

Oh wow, 2011? I have no idea how I feel about this. One the one hand, TWO PIXAR FILMS IN ONE YEAR HECK YEAH. On the other hand…I really don’t want newt pushed back, because that’s their film I’m looking forward to the most.

…Not to mention I just don’t know how I feel about a Cars 2 in general.

I JUST DON’T KNOW ANYMORE. D8

Yes, but I think Newt will probably be marketed as more of an adult comedy (at least that’s what the story sounds like) and I think the people who bring in the bucks for Newt will be a completely different audience than those who’ll go see Rapunzel, so I think it’d be okay for both WDP and PIXAR if Newt were released in the same season.

I totally agree with you, LE. Newt is the one idea in the announced slate that I thought, “YES! This’ll be awesome!!!” at the top of my lungs! And I’m also still not sure about how really good Cars 2 will be, but I see why they’re doin’ it. ($$$). And honestly, I really don’t blame 'em for it.

I don’t know whether this is good or bad, really. As long as the quality of the films themselves isn’t compromised, as I’m sure it won’t be, then I guess there’s not really a negative side to this. I’m looking forward to Newt much more than I am for Cars 2, so as long as that release date isn’t delayed, I’m happy. Pixar know what they’re doing anyway, so I’m not too worried.

I’ve been meaning to say something about this. That’s cool that Cars 2 will be released sooner, but I too am concerned about how that will affect the other movies that were being released that year. (I know I’ll have no money left if I spend the year going to the movies to see Pixar films!)

And I was so looking forward to newt, too… Hopefully it will either get moved to an earlier date, or they’ll move TBATB instead.