Cars 2 Referrence in Video Game??

Is this part of Cars 2?

• Can’t be…no
  • Wow…it might.
  • Definitely…Pixar is trying to keep Cars on everyone’s mind.

0 voters

My younger brother just got a new cars game since he LOVES Lightning McQueen but the funny thing is that its a Mater-National…Race cars from all over the world challenge you at your new radiator springs home track…

Is this some sort of give away to upcoming characters?
They have artwork you can unlock that are about the characters and such in the bonus material. What do you guys think?

Possibly…I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t rule it out, especially as you mentioned unlocking bonus artwork and that sort of thing. But then again, Cars 2 isn’t coming out for quite a while, so would something like this be too early considering the film’s release date? Or maybe it’s to keep the merchandise going, and to keep Cars in people’s minds? I dunno.

Also, who is the pink car on the front cover of the game? It sort of looks like Sally, but isn’t she blue? Or maybe the picture has just come out a bit pinkish.

I own that game for my DS. It’s possible they might use a few characters but I think most were just for the video game. Although I did spot the pink car (I forgot her name) in a picture for Tokyo Mater.
comingsoon.net/imageGallery/ … ater_2.jpg
She’s right behind Lightning.

I really don’t think it’s a reference - I think it’s just a new game. I can remember the PS2 game had some characters that weren’t in the film, and if they wind up in the sequel … I seriously think it’ll just be a ‘oh we created this character for the game - why don’t we use him?’ sort of situation.

i think they might use them…the bonus artwork is called Concept artwork??? :open_mouth:

The pink car is Chinese or Japanese…they also have an old british car…Fred…Italian Ferrari’s…and lots of other cars. It just looks so much like something a sequel would look like…

I don’t think the concept art was made for Cars 2. I have a few games that have concept art on them. They’re probably just for the game.

I gotta admit when I first read the plot summary for Cars 2 it sounded vaguely familiar, although of what I wasnt sure. I suppose it’s possible, but then would Pixar derive Cars 2 off of a video game? Probably not.

I heard that in Cars 2 (the movie is real), Lightning and Mater go off to join the biggest race in the world

I think it hints at the sequal. I have the game (got this one before the original. I know, sad) and at the very end, Giovanni says “To return your hospitality, you should join us in the European Circut someday.” Or at least something to that effect. And Cars 2 is about Lightning and Mater going international. I do see a hint to the sequal. I don’t know if those characters like Giovanni, Gudmund, Otto, Emma, Koji, and the others will be in it, but it does sound like an introduction to the sequal.