Am I All Alone?

Do you want to see Cars 2? Please answer!

• I do! Don’t worry, you’re not all alone.
  • I don’t! Sorry, but you’re on your own.

0 voters

The saddest thing I’ve seen here on Pixar Planet is that people are dreading Cars 2. They say it’s just Disney’s idea and it’s for the money and blah, blah blah. . .

Am I the only one that wants to see Cars 2? I mean, I have the release date memorized so much, I can easily answer the question in under a second (well, I mean that it would take that amount of time before you heard a sound out of my mouth. I can’t say June 24, 2011 in under a second.) If you haven’t, please vote in the poll and help me see if I am truely alone or not.

Don’t worry, I can’t wait for Cars 2 either. Even though the first one wasn’t great (say critics, I thought it was great) maybe the sequel will be better!

It’s coming out 4 days before my 18th birthday and I’ll probably be the oldest person their who actually wants to see it. I’m also going to graduate in June 2011. It’s gonna be a great month! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not really for a Cars 2, but since it is Pixar, i guess i am okay with it.

I am totally with you! Cars 2 is going to rock! The first movie deserves waaay more credit… but hey, who cares if we’re the only ones rooting for the sequel. We should start a secret club. “Cars fans only, who wants to see number 2?” I do!

Edited for shouting. – Mitch

LOL, probably not. :wink: I’ll be 2x your age when it comes out and I’m still excited about it.

I don’t get why the first Cars is touted as not being so good, for the message about slowing down and enjoying the journey, not just focusing on the destination, really resonates with me.

Sorry, I have to be honest, I’m not very keen on the idea of Cars 2. I won’t boycott it or anything- I’ll definitely see it and give it a chance- but I’d rather see another original Pixar film. But if this poll had the name of a sequel for any Pixar movie, I’d still say the same thing, so I don’t have an irrational hatred of Cars or anything, I just think it should be left as it is.

1. It’s Disney money -grubbing. Do you think it’s a coincidence that Pixar’s lowest rated movie yet biggest merchandising deal is the one that gets a sequel?

2. The plot concept is…flatish. It’s just, I see very little opportunities for character development, and that is all Cars really is.

3. John Lassiter isn’t directing.

I like Cars, I really do, and I’d like to see a continuation of the story, but the way it is, it’s just so obvious it’s only for money.

I love Cars, Love the Characters and Love the Merchandise, and honestly can’t wait until the teasers a launched…

I just want to know… What exactly is the basis for the storyline?

Ok so Lasseter isn’t director, but he’s Head of Pixar and Disney so he’s got some control!

I just hope that the soundtrack is good then it will be all fine… and the vocal talents are returned and enhanced then it’ll be fine.

So Cars has made a lot of money. So what? So did WALL-E, so did Finding Nemo. No those films aren’t being sequel-ed as far as we know, but that’s besides the point. Just because a film makes good money does not mean it’s only getting a sequel to garner more dollar signs. The reason Cars does sell so well is because people LIKE it. And I don’t see how there is anything wrong with that. Everyone I talk to at work (Disney Store) gets very excited about the idea whenever I tell them about it. And these are not just parents with their kids, these are hardcore Disney, hardcore Pixar fans, and other people who probably wouldn’t usually be excited for a sequel if it wasn’t for a good movie.

P.S. sorry I CAPSed , didn’t realize it was against the rules.

I cannot wait to see Cars 2! Or play world of Cars online!

I’m totally ‘geared up’ for Cars 2! You’re not alone, LightningandDoc (I like your text sig, by the way).
I know it’s probably the most profitable franchise for Pixar, but I still think Cars is the most outrageously fun Pixar movie so far (Whether it is as intellectual or heart-moving as the rest remains debatable).
As I mentioned in the 2012 Disney Slate thread, I had this hopeful fantasy that I would be on the Cars 2 production team back in 2006. You have no idea how happy I was whey they announced a sequel in 2008! Looking forward to the international racing adventures and further character developments! :smiley:

I know! Cars is by far the most advanced film Pixar has ever made! I really hope the sequel might bring up talk of a 3rd

I think that’s because Andrew Stanton has no interest in creating sequels to these stories. I mildly wish he would, as they’re utterly brilliant and would make amazing sequels, but I don’t think he will.

I voted Yes for this, simply because I love Pixar and anticipate, if nothing else, an enjoyable film. While I didn’t think Cars was outstanding, I did like it, particularly for the deviation from the normal Pixar hero.

Personally, I think WALL-E was far more advanced. It has a much more realistic feel than any of the other Pixar films before it.

You’re not alone I want a sequel too! :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Cars needs a sequel! There is so much to expand on! other movies like Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., a Bug’s Life, just wouldn’t work as a sequel ( well maybe monsters…) Cars was a very good film and I don’t see why it doesn’t deserve a sequel.

I think Cars could have a sequel. There’s a lot they could expand on and the story seems interesting, so I wouldn’t mind a sequel to Cars.

From what I can see so far, the majority of people who have bothered to read this thread have said they want to see the sequal. Yay! I’m not alone anymore! Just wait. I’ll be the only teenager in my town that watches the movie on their own (unless my parents and siblings come too. I’d ditch them first, then go and watch it again with them). I mean, I don’t know many people in my grade that likes Cars and even then they don’t know about the sequal yet. I’ll have to wait and see. But really, I think I’ll be the only teenager who comes alone in my town. My Radiator Springs’ sized town. :slight_smile: Okay, maybe not that small, but it is a small town. Bigger if you count the fact that lots of towns are so close to mine.

I adore Pixar. I adore Disney. I almost adore Cars. I love that movie.

Just because the others made money doesn’t mean it’s off the hook. Finding Nemo had tee shirts, shoes, toys, stationary, video game, pajamas, and books, with a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. WALL-E had shirts, toys, books, pajamas (I think), and tissue boxes, with a 96% on said website.

Cars has countless shirts, shoes, boots, dozens upon dozens, if not hundreds, of different toys (And counting), sheets, blankets, sippy cups, two different video games, not to mention ones like Leap Frog games or stuff like that, party themes, and whenever Disney or another store needs to sell DVDs or another merchandise, who’s looking at you? Lightning and Mater. With a 75% on the old website. This ain’t just because they think a Cars sequel would be a good movie.

And don’t get me wrong, a sequel would not be the end of the world. It isn’t the SEQUEL I don’t like, but the flatish story concept. Lightning and Mater go on an around the world trip. Whoo. I don’t always mind sequels, but this seems to have the same feel of a Disney cheap-quel. Making an unnecessary, uninteresting continuation of a good movie just so you can continue the franchise.

RacRules: I see where you’re getting at. The plot may not be of everyone’s best interest, but to me, it seems awesome. Then again, with me being a Cars obsesser, I may be a little biased. But still, I do see where you’re getting at. I’m not close-minded to people’s opinions. It’s just that sometimes I disagree with them. I don’t just think that if someone has an opinion that is not 100% the way I like see it that I automaticcally hate it. I try to see where they’re getting at, then try to provide an argument for it if I disagree with it. I know I’m a little off-topic now, but that’s just what I want to say. I do see where you’re getting at, but hey, at least you aren’t one of the ones who don’t want the sequal ony because “the first sucked.”

I never said that profits weren’t a plus, because obviously they are. What I’m saying is, that isn’t the ONLY reason, and that Pixar has proven to me that they care about their characters enough to make worthwhile sequels.

I’m also saying it isn’t a crime that Cars is so profitable. Why does it MATTER? It would only be an issue if it were clearly the only reason a sequel is being made… but to me it obviously isn’t (because this is PIXAR we’re talking about) so I don’t understand why everyone feels the need to beat the point.

I also don’t care that Cars only got a 75% on Rotten Tomatoes. Rotten Tomatoes isn’t an authority on good movie making… it’s a website that polls a variety of critic opinions. Sometimes good movies just don’t do well with critics. Have you read all of the rotten reviews Cars got? Some of them are absolutely ridiculous, written by people I’m surprised even count as ‘critics’.

You know, the movie ‘Happy Feet’ won an Oscar but that doesn’t mean it’s a good movie. My point is, I realize that not everyone loves Cars as much as the rest of Pixar’s movies… but at the same time, a lot of people do! And whether or not people like it, the fact is it is a GOOD movie. Whether or not it’s a GREAT Pixar movie is the debate… and that’s fine… but I don’t understand why so many people are SO upset that a good movie is getting a sequel, made by a studio we all trust. I understand outrage when Dreamworks makes another prequel, sequel, threequel… but things could be so much worse than ‘Cars 2’.

I’ve written this much not to single you out Rac Rules… but to make a general argument. To respond to that last bit you wrote though…

I thought Cars looked incredibly stupid when I first saw the teaser… I felt the same about Ratatouille. When the first image of WALL-E was released, I could not foresee how it was going to be a great movie and now it’s absolutely one of my all-time favorite films. And STILL, after all of this, and how much I obviously trust Pixar… I STILL looked up at the previews I saw of UP at Comic Con and thought “I dunno…”

You can never, ever tell what a Pixar movie is really going to be like before you see it. The only news on Cars 2 we have is a sentence or two. How can anyone expect a sentence or two to accurately describe what Cars 2 will be like?

In a nutshell, I see no reason to freak out over this because if UP is Pixar’s 10th hit like I’m sure we all believe it will be… I think we can trust these guys to make their 11th, 12th and 13th films just as good. And maybe everyone’s perceived disappointment in the first Cars will be cured with the second film.

Edit - I merged your posts — Rachel. =)