Cars a trilogy?

Do you think a Cars trilogy will be a good idea?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

I was just thinking about this today. Since they’re already making a sequel, and they just made a comic book about [spoil] Lighting becoming a racer[/spoil] they might just make a trilogy like Toy Story. In my opinion, I don’t think a trilogy would be so bad. I think there’s a lot more they could do.

I hope not. Cars was Pixar’s weakest offering, even though it’s up there with Toy Story and The Incredibles in terms of open-endedness for future films.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve never seen an open-ended Pixar film before. Ever. And unless Cars 2 finishes with Lightning dangling on a cliff-face above a pool full of car-eating piranhas, I’m hoping that they’re going to stick with their trend of making wholesome, nugget-like chunks when it comes to movies.

I don’t think a trilogy is going to do good for Cars, regardless of good stories or not. Not really much to expand even after a sequel.

A Cars trilogy!? That’d be a dream come true for me!!! :laughing: Hey, it may be Pixar’s weakest film according to what 98% of people are saying on here, but to me, it’s their best. Besides, the more, the merrier! XD

Look, I think that Pixar can pull off a Cars trilogy. I mean, we have yet to see Pixar fail, so I doubt they’d screw it up. Besides, Cars is one of those movies where you can expand so far, no matter what. (If you couldn’t then I wouldn’t be writing a series of fanfictions that happen after the movie!!!) I don’t care what others say about it, a Cars trilogy is something I’d vote for any day! (Heck, I’d vote two million times for that!)

If anyone thinks me supporting a Cars trilogy is messed up, then just live with it!!! We all have our opinions, and I’m just stating mine.

People have always written a million fanfictions about what happens after a movie; it’s just something that we do. We always fantasize about what might have happened afterwards, and we have bonded with the characters in such a way that they continue to live on in our minds even after the movie has ended. But just because people write fanfictions about movies does not neccessarily mean that they deserve, per se, a sequel/trilogy. And I know everyone does have their opinions; I respect that. But Cars was a beautiful movie in itself - it had its adequate screen time. I don’t think I could bring myself to watch a sequel or further continuation of Cars, the main reason being Paul Newman will not be around to voice Doc once again. I’m sorry - a substitute doesn’t cut it for me. No one will ever put the depth into Doc that Paul Newman did. Paul Newman was Doc Hudson; and that completely affected the character itself.

Look around PP under fanfiction for a minute. There are hundreds of other authors who have written fanfictions based on their ideas of how things may have played out after the movie they are writing about. (Myself included.) It doesn’t necessarily mean that we all want sequels for those movies. Some people who write their fics do want a sequel, and I’m not being ignorant of them.

What I’m trying to say is that for the good of the company, the happiness of the audience at large, and wider appeal, a Cars trilogy would probably not be successful. People will immediately think of the slumped Shrek trilogy (at least, I do when I think of it…) There’s only so much fire you can put into one story, and if they’re changing hands as far as directing goes, I’m not sure if they will be able to cleanly pull it off.

Holy crap. I’m going to stop this rant before I go overboard…

little chef

You got a point about the fanfictions. But I’ve been wanting a series of Cars movies since I finished watching the first one for the first time ever. Sure it may wind up like the Shrek series (God please forbid it!!!) but I have my faith in Pixar. Ya never know, it could be like Star Wars, successful! (But of course not as big!) Then again, we don’t even know if a trilogy is in progress! Right now, my question is why are we talking about something that only has a 2% chance of happening!?! Sure I love Cars, but maybe I’m just biased. Maybe it won’t be good, but I’ll only like it for it is Cars related. Look, I’m just obsessed with Cars. Any idea for Cars is a good one in my book.

I do understand about replacing Doc. There will be some complications. All I hope for is that they don’t get rid of him. If they do, I may end up actually hating Cars (gasp!) and that’s never a good sign.

A triology never crossed my mind. That would be impossible for me to say, really, because it all swings on how Cars 2 ends. And that would be years and years down the line. If they felt up to it, why not? But I’m not gonna get greedy and demand another Cars movie. It was a decent enough surprise for me to find out about Cars 2.

I think they could make Cars a trilogy. I think there’s still a lot of questions about the Cars universe that have to be answered.

Cars 2 is my least favorite Pixar film by default. When I heard it confirmed, I groaned out loud.

If Cars 2 helps sell another 5 billion merchadise, no doubt there will be Cars 3. And let’s hope it ends there. And I hope Toy Story and Cars will forever be Pixar’s only trilogies.

Man, if I were Ed or John or Bob for just a day, I’d greenlight Cars 3 right now and then sign a contract to God that Pixar never make any sequel again.