CARS 2: true or not

I keep hearing rumors of Cars 2 but have not seen any 100 % official confirmation. I’ve seen pictures of an official preview of three new films: UP, Newt and The Bear and the Bow but not Cars 2.

Can anyone supply an official statement from Pixar, not wiki or anything that isn’t 100% official.

Would it be safe to assume that if we can’t find any official evidence, that’s Cars 2 is nothing more than speculation.

It’s true.

SOURCE: prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stori … 174&EDATE=

There’s another source that comes directly from Disney. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced the URL.

In the spirit of this post; I have to fussy and say ‘close but no cigar’. If you can find the source direct from Disney you mentioned that would be the cigar in question :slight_smile:

The link you posted is the PR service that Disney uses and therefore 100% authentic. It’s the official announcement from Disney.

If you could post something to prove that source is 100% official and we can lock this one up.

Summer 2012.

And don’t forget Toy Story 3 is in the works too, so that’s 4 yet to be released Pixar films.

What do you want us to do? That link was official announcement, Disney publishes all their announcements via PRNewsWire. Here is the same announcement on their own webpage.

There is contact information at the bottom of the announcement so you can call Disney if you still don’t believe.

I wanted help to remove all doubt.

I wanted a link that went direct to Pixar or Disney not a secondary source as these can often be misleading. The idea of the post was to point out something that anyone could look at and remove any shred of doubt about the existence of the project.

Not trying to wind anyone up, just being doubly sure.

Thank you :slight_smile:

it’s completely true and factual. you can check every movie site and will find its true

pixar.com/companyinfo/press_ … 080408.htm :smiley:

(Cars 2 in 2011)

Once again thanks to everyone that has contributed to this feed and cleared this whole thing up for me and others.

:slight_smile:

s now that we know for sure that there is going to be a Cars 2, what are your thoughts about them making a sequel? Personally, I think they shouldn’t make one. Cars was great! Lately, Disney’s sequels havent been going so well…

Two school of thought on this one;

one: As a great deal of people see Cars as Pixar’s one folly it seems as they shouldn’t revist it and making a sequel is always at risk of ruining the impression you had of the origanal.

and two:

As most people see Cars as Pixar’s one folly; maybe a squel will be a type of reprieve for the charectors and world of Cars. If they could make it fun, exciting and most importantly stay away from the cliches and predictabilty of the first film it may turn out to be a great discision.

Time will tell[spoil][/spoil]

I don’t have anything on paper, but I have heard fellow Pixarians say that they are making a Cars 2 first-hand. I believe when I went to see Pete Docter last year for an Up preview, I believe he even mentioned it is in production himself.

Awesome. cant wait to see it